The non-foil Didi...

baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
What a waste of xp this guy has been! I have him fully leveled to Platinum and his skills maxed as high as they can go and he’s beating Greinke at about the same percentage as Bellinger was for me. Maybe even slightly worse. I leveled him thinking he would be an upgrade for Greinke but he hasn’t been. Glu, all this does is make me want to spend less resources on players in the future. So frustrating!!

Comments

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    RISP is never an ideal WoH closing skill. Inactive with bases empty or runner on 1st. And for the longest time, final rounds have started with bases empty more often than not. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    RISP has been one of the worst skills in this game that so many are willing to accept. It is horrible for WOH. Even if you look at your team stats with your batters, you’ll see an obvious drop vs similar batters with RHB or ROB. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    RISP has been one of the worst skills in this game that so many are willing to accept. It is horrible for WOH. Even if you look at your team stats with your batters, you’ll see an obvious drop vs similar batters with RHB or ROB. 
    I hear what you are saying but it’s the best most of us have against RHP right now. And it is playable. Even last year Gehrig had RISP and RHP skills and I closed with him plenty. Not ideal but not as bad as you make it out to be. I mean, with Royale, 6.10 starts with RISP. Moustakas helped me cycle three times this weekend at gold level. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Bearmeat said:
    I hear what you are saying but it’s the best most of us have against RHP right now. And it is playable. Even last year Gehrig had RISP and RHP skills and I closed with him plenty. Not ideal but not as bad as you make it out to be. I mean, with Royale, 6.10 starts with RISP. Moustakas helped me cycle three times this weekend at gold level. 
    I’m not a big of fan of RISP but he is the first 330 player I own and starting the round with both skills active, I just figured he would do better. I’m curious to know how the people with the Foil Didi did with him.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Bearmeat said:
    I’m not a big of fan of RISP but he is the first 330 player I own and starting the round with both skills active, I just figured he would do better. I’m curious to know how the people with the Foil Didi did with him.
    Risp is a nice skill for 6.8 and below. Over the weekend, I used Moose and Frazier as my #2 and #3 leftys and neither rarely lose. Unfortunately, as has been mentioned, it's not ideal as a closer. 
    Foil Didi is cheat mode. Just way too OP at the moment. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Metsicans said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Risp is a nice skill for 6.8 and below. Over the weekend, I used Moose and Frazier as my #2 and #3 leftys and neither rarely lose. Unfortunately, as has been mentioned, it's not ideal as a closer. 
    Didi did start out alright, he was 4 for 7 initially but then I hit about a two hour stretch where he was 0 for 6 against Maeda. The RISP skill I’m sure was the reason for the inconsistencies. I’m not sure I have a better option at the moment. The only player I have that would have two skills  active at all times would be LeMehieu but he’s 320. I don’t know how much it will hinder him also that he is a righty. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Nonfoil Didi gets it done just fine. 4 for 4 yesterday. 1 video restart and 2 80 gold boosts.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Nonfoil Didi gets it done just fine. 4 for 4 yesterday. 1 video restart and 2 80 gold boosts.

• TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    I cleared HOF with Didi 4 times at Platinum with skills maxed and Hitting and Power upgrades at 67/80.  5.10 is not a gimme and shouldn't be, but I was successful about 2/3 of the time and he cleaned up in earlier rounds.  
    DFBB said:
    Metsicans said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Didi did start out alright, he was 4 for 7 initially but then I hit about a two hour stretch where he was 0 for 6 against Maeda. The RISP skill I’m sure was the reason for the inconsistencies. I’m not sure I have a better option at the moment. The only player I have that would have two skills  active at all times would be LeMehieu but he’s 320. I don’t know how much it will hinder him  that he is a righty. 
    DFBB said:
    Metsicans said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Didi did start out alright, he was 4 for 7 initially but then I hit about a two hour stretch where he was 0 for 6 against Maeda. The RISP skill I’m sure was the reason for the inconsistencies. I’m not sure I have a better option at the moment. The only player I have that would have two skills  active at all times would be LeMehieu but he’s 320. I don’t know how much it will hinder him  that he is a righty.