Options

Who to keep when too many players with the same max

jbenjaminjbenjamin Registered Users, Member 7 Posts

I’ve got too many players with the same max. I’m having a hard time deciding who to keep as subs or in the game as opposed to who to trade in for XP as inactive.  Strategies?   Lefties vs righties vs double skill players vs team pennant points. 

Comments

• Options
    toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    So you’ve been playing 2020...
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Yes Todd 2020. I’m not sure which are the most desirable skills in determining which 315 max players are best to keep, such as the when tied vs ahead by 4 runs.... lefties vs righty......  
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @jbenjamin Different skills are great for different game modes. If CVC is your favorite mode, then the blowout or hot hitter skills would be best. I say that cause I haven’t seen the cvc skill yet this year. I’m sure it’ll be here now that I say it. If WOH is you favorite game mode, then Late Innings, vs RHP, ROB, and WOH skill would be the best skills. Haven’t seen the WOH skill yet this year either that I can remember. The Tie game skill IMO is one of the worst skills for any mode. If you can send a screenshot of the players you are contemplating, then some of us could help.
  • Options
    sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    So at this point we could trade most 1 skill players including 1skill foil players all my starter are 2 skill is it worst keeping the 1 skill player in your inactive 
  • Options
    @navyjack77 not sure what my favorite mode is as I like to play All of it. I realize that as the season proceeds and I continue to level up the players I am trying to decide on now will be replaced with even better ones. However in trying to field the best team based on the players I have at this time I can use your help and anyone else’s on who they would keep/use in the line up as opposed to being kept as a substitute player, or trading in as inactive players. Attached are screenshots of all the 315 max players  , I have I’m trying to decide on.   2 are 3B , 2 are 1B, 2 are OF and 1 is a DH.  Let me just add that at OF In my lineup I already have all 3 positions filled with 2 higher max Mike Trouts and Mickey Mantle keeper from 2019 game.   Thanks. 
  • Options
    25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
     Trade in all of them!
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I agree with jackie. Not a single player over gold 4? What's to think about? Toss em! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Bregman and Cabrera are in my starting lineup for 3B and 1B however I guess I can see how Goldschmidt would be better at 1B however Is Sano better then Bregman at 3rd? I realize most of these players are Gold 4s with the exception of Goldschmidt, however isn’t that just because I haven’t strengthened them yet?  I’m a platinum level team and I realize that later in the year as I continue to level up I will be able to get diamond higher max players but for now just trying to keep the best players without strengthening them up to much to be ready for newer players. Of course I will get rid up all those players eventually but for now I’m just trying to keep the best 12 and decide which are best in starting lineup or for particular modes. The modes I don’t really play at all are tournaments. 
  • Options
    BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Everyone of these players are well below the curve. Best to stop investing in them. You have to realize that the players released now are obsolete in 2-3 weeks. Throw everyone away, start over, and stay ahead of the curve. This is a prime example of moving up too quickly 
  • Options
    @Bearmeat Sorry but I’m a little confused.   so are you saying when I get random Junk players i should swap them in place of my better players and trade the better ones on.  How can I be competitive in competitions that way? 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    So you're platinum and asking which gold 4 315 max players to keep? Doesn't sound good, man. There's no real benefit of one or the other at this point.. waiting for the next decent 1b/3b (350 voit/345 arenado this weekend) and taking them to p10 is the best move.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71