drop players advise asap

sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
is it time to drop all 1 skill players and 320 and under players ????

Comments

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    It depends is you have someone better. Right now, the 320 Bellinger is still in my WOH lineup, middle round vs RHPs.
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    all my players are 330 ,335 but i was wondering should i keep 1 skill players that are foil
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    315 foil players, while they are shiny and pretty, don’t have any more value than other one-skill players. I’ve always been in the camp that as soon as a player provides no value to you, send them to the wood chipper.

As I write this, I realize how ridiculous we all are for playing this game. Those ultra rare foil players that we were foaming at the mouth for barely a month ago, and who some probably spent hundreds to chase, are now being traded in for a piece of bubble gum and a kick in the a**. Players that have the same odds of being pulled as ATGs last year have a shelf of life of one month, tops. Glu is playing us.

That got deep. Sorry. Anyway, go ahead and trade in those hideous one skill foil players.
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    lol so true 
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    ATG? 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    All Time Great Glu is probably raking in the dough this weekend with multiple foils and the VIP Gauntlet in the same weekend. Coincidence?
    ATG? 
    All Time Great. These were the best of the best legends like Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Jackie Robinson, Satchel Paige, and so on. I don’t remember the odds of pulling them, but it was very close to what foils are this year. What made ATGs worth the chase is their max overall increased similar to keepers every month, only they were always kept at the top of the curve. Foils are at the top of the curve for a hot minute then become worthless.
    All Time Great Glu is probably raking in the dough this weekend with multiple foils and the VIP Gauntlet in the same weekend. Coincidence?
    The whales (more like sheep) have undoubtedly already opened their wallets to chase all the shiny new toys.

At least Glu is showing their gratitude by giving us these AWESOME “Marvelous” May gifts! 5 ice wraps, 3 franchise coins, and ONE event box that gives you a 3.6% chance of pulling a player that may or may not make your roster! They really know how to pay it forward!
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    ATG? 
    All Time Great. These were the best of the best legends like Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Jackie Robinson, Satchel Paige, and so on. I don’t remember the odds of pulling them, but it was very close to what foils are this year. What made ATGs worth the chase is their max overall increased similar to keepers every month, only they were always kept at the top of the curve. Foils are at the top of the curve for a hot minute then become worthless.
    Thanks man, first year playing TSB. I appreciate all of the perspective and advise you guys give, without that I’m sure I’d be chasing all of the “shiny” toys thinking they will have a lasting impact throughout the year.
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    I've already traded in Foil Polar Bear (that one sucked because I like him) but single skill (although great power) just wasn't worth it to keep when I had Foil Gurriel and Santana at 1st base.

Once a player gets surpassed, they go away. 
    Cold hard GM style.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Just keep the highest rated players you have and dump the ones that aren't as good (less overall rating or less skills) if you have multiple players at the same position. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I've kept foil Alonso for the power. I can see dumping them if you're Plat+ and hard up for bxp, but I've got 80 or 90 Inactive spots. He can ride the pine until his power becomes truly obsolete. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    WAIT....please check your 1 skill player's Power Stats...they might still be valuable for slugfest / target bash..