Options

Batting order Franchise player problem

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
For the event, I have been using franchise player Bernie Williams. (40k per hit) I adjusted my batting line up so he hits first. But when I play he is near the bottom of the lineup. No matter how I switch the line up he is near the bottom despite putting him first. Is this a bug on Glu’s part or am I missing something? 

Comments

• Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Think your missing something.  Look at your lineup, the guy batting 9th is who Bernie is replacing.  Simply move that guy to 1st.  I am assuming you are thinking he is replacing someone else.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I’ve had the same issue as well.  What I’ve realized is that the franchise player doesn’t necessarily have the same spot in the batting order as the player he’s replacing in the lineup. Typically I have to analyze the actual batting order from a previous game and figure out who to swap around to get the franchise player in the spot I want him...I do this by comparing the lineup I’ve set to the actual batting order in the game and seeing if I can determine who the franchise player is replacing in the order
  • Options
    Sorry if I didn’t describe that very clearly, maybe somebody else can explain it better than I can. 

It would be so much easier if you could actually see the franchise player in the lineup when setting your batting order, maybe one day this will happen.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I’ve had the same issue as well.  What I’ve realized is that the franchise player doesn’t necessarily have the same spot in the batting order as the player he’s replacing in the lineup. Typically I have to analyze the actual batting order from a previous game and figure out who to swap around to get the franchise player in the spot I want him...I do this by comparing the lineup I’ve set to the actual batting order in the game and seeing if I can determine who the franchise player is replacing in the order
    Thank you. This helped. 
  • Options
    Glad it helped! It took me forever to figure out how it works, and to be honest I’m still not certain. lol 
  • Options
    iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited May 2020
    The last time I played season mode playoffs, I used Franchise Aaron Judge to replace my weakest hitter (who was an OF). I could never get Judge out of the #6 spot in the lineup. I played a BG as a test and also tried switches between the first couple playoff games. Never figured it out. I finally just let him hit 6th. LOL.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Actual game batting order vs the lineup I set. It took me 5 games of switching around my lineup in between each game before I finally had the batting order I wanted.
    I put Daza in OF hoping franchise Braun would just replace him in the lineup....it was not that simple:
    Bellinger hit in Daza’s spot
    Blackmon hit in Bellinger’s spot
    Braun hit in Blackmon’s spot