Options

Platinum team bronze players...🤔

bdogfootball7bdogfootball7 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
I've seen this now more than a few times. A team is platinum and their 4 featured players are all bronze guys... How is that happening?

Comments

• Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Lots of Diamond teams do it too, mostly with weak relievers. Not sure the purpose, other than deception of who you may, or may not, have. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    If I am not playing the weekend or out of town. I swap out pitchers to help people that play me in BGS or tourneys. Many do the same.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    Also @bdogfootball7, To your original question about how this happens: you can change your featured players to whoever you want. Your 4 best players are the default selection, but some guys manually change them.
  • Options
    sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    but what is the purpose  ?? do u get better match up in bgs or tourny??
  • Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    If I am not playing the weekend or out of town. I swap out pitchers to help people that play me in BGS or tourneys. Many do the same.
    That’s cool that you do that, I never would of thought about that. This is one example of the many reasons I love these forums...
  • Options
    When you see yourself playing guys with b1 pitchers and there ISN'T a SR bonus in the event. This is usually the reason why.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This ‘gimmick’ began as a way to dupe opponents in CvC and somehow became a ‘thing’ for no reason other than to be different. The profile players have zero impact on who’s actually active. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Its not a gimmick. Unless he was referring to the profile pics on the team page. That doesn't mean anything. But swapping out SPs is common among many players who aren't playing to help others in tourneys and BGs.
    – The Great Houmy