$49.99 special is deceptive

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
Pop up specifically said "MBXP boxes"  these are no different than what's been available.   Am I wrong?  And can someone screenshoot that pop up?  I didn't. 

Comments

• total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    They sure do
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    But they can’t work and development of The game is slowed down due to the COVID pandemic but yet they can drop new specials every day or vip events 🙃🙄
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Now they changed it to regular bxp boxes
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I'd say "unbelievable", but "consistent" seems more appropriate 

edited May 2020
    Oh well
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    Seriously, another straight up bait and switch. How many times can this company conduct ILLEGAL PRACTICES and get away with it? How are their doors still open???
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Bait and switch again? GLU? Nah...

Then the “tough $hit we fricked you over” reply from CS? Nah.

Crooks

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    GLU makes these issues a 1000 times worse by handling them poorly.  The special was mistakenly released, it happens.  But not issuing an immediate, 100% refund for those that purchased is criminal.

Sorry, that’s not bait and switch.  You sold a product to your consumers, without issuing the goods they purchased.  Someone smarter than me might need to comment here, but uhhh, that seems illegal.

edited May 2020
    GLU makes these issues a 1000 times worse by handling them poorly.  The special was mistakenly released, it happens.  But not issuing an immediate, 100% refund for those that purchased is criminal.

Sorry, that’s not bait and switch.  You sold a product to your consumers, without issuing the goods they purchased.  Someone smarter than me might need to comment here, but uhhh, that seems illegal.

Agreed
    edited May 2020
    Life is good
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I just don’t understand why you would do this?  Why would you put your customers through this when it’s so incredibly obvious you made a mistake?  It’s such an easy situation to rectify, and say “oops, that was a mistake, let us make it right.”

These are the situations that have eroded all of the loyalty and good Will with TSB users  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I just don’t understand why you would do this?  Why would you put your customers through this when it’s so incredibly obvious you made a mistake?  It’s such an easy situation to rectify, and say “oops, that was a mistake, let us make it right.”

These are the situations that have eroded all of the loyalty and good Will with TSB users  
    The answer as to why they do this is 1) lack of accountability and 2) fear of setting a bad precedent. I got screwed over a couple of years ago, got a bad CS response, and got the Google refund...and am right back here, spending more than ever. The game draws you in and then doesn’t let go. Nobody is going to sue over $50. They don’t care about a few bad reviews, not when the whales spend as much as they do. Glu can do whatever it wants. It makes no sense for them to set a precedent of refunding money when most of its players won’t even ask for one unless they see someone else get a refund. 
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    "the content of the box is correct and there is no discrepancy"....seriously?? How is advertising a certain product (MBXP deal boxes) but providing a less valuable product (XP deal boxes) not a discrepancy?  If a company advertised an iPhone X on their website (with pictures) but sent you an iPhone 6, do you think they would be able to get away with "the content of the box is correct and there is no discrepancy"?
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts

• AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    So if GLU realized that they mistakenly advertised MBXP deal boxes in this special and were able to quickly change it, why haven't they fixed the CvC edge subscription or at least taken away the option to buy it since they know it doesn't work?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    So if GLU realized that they mistakenly advertised MBXP deal boxes in this special and were able to quickly change it, why haven't they fixed the CvC edge subscription or at least taken away the option to buy it since they know it doesn't work?
    That one requires an update.  :# :
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Take away the option to buy it? Well that would mean you couldn’t buy it... and they don’t want that! What about put a permanent news update in the news section that says cvc edge doesn’t work? Again they don’t wanna do that either because that means no one will buy it! Glu likes to keep things as clear as my swimming pool water was yesterday after I opened it. 
    Glu translates to many different words a few of them are transparent, honorable, integrity, punctual, incorruptible... etc