Points for gifts must stop

whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
I am not condoning an extended cool down but I have had enough.  Week in and week out, rewards are lost because someone brings a hired gun into the bracket.  Today I am 6th on the mvp list but only 1 guy is even in our bracket!

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
- Blueleopard
Prev1

Comments

• AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited May 2020
    @whynot, how can you tell which clubs are in your bracket?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Score more points and beat them.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Thanks!  Your advice is invaluable!

Was thinking about that or start a campaign to bring back cool down.  🤔🤔
    - Blueleopard
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I miss the disagree button 
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    whynot said:
    dkarski87 said:

Just take the gold out of the gifts and add sticker box’s and that will fix the point for gifts and no cool down is needed 🙃
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    whynot said:
    dkarski87 said:

Just take the gold out of the gifts and add sticker box’s and that will fix the point for gifts and no cool down is needed 🙃
    You want people to compete HARDER?!?!?
  • colterwoodcolterwood Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Agreed, end the points for gifts!
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

Me too.  That's what the "awesome" button is for now, for me anyway
    Just no.  

Me too.  That's what the "awesome" button is for now, for me anyway
    Ooooh I see.. 🤔👍🏻
    The only reason that we have gifts for pts is because of GLU. Sure, some of you dont like it but this was created by their own doing. Its really no different for then someone saying "donations for gifts or renting clubs for pts" Its another form of currency within the game that players use to trade, swap, whatever you wanna call it. If you bitch about the PTS then turn around are one to ask for donations to help level your club then your a hypocrite. Its just another way the game allows players to share currency. You see plenty of people of offering donations for gifts as well.  And IMO this is what makes the game so great and enjoyable for so many. This is what made the game so much fun in the past for so many, no cool down and having the freedom to move around whenever we wanted. 95% of people would agree that COOLDOWN was one of the worst things to ever in TSB.
    – The Great Houmy
    Also, I have never done gifts for pts ever. But I do and will help those that ask for it. If and when I can, why because its fun doing so especially if I have the players for the event. There are so many times  I get random gifts from people and messages thanking me for doing absolutely nothing out of the norm for me. Meaning if we are leveling random clubs with our evo groups we will usually drop points in the clubs we are sitting in. And these types of players are truly the appreciative ones, some some dill hole that wants to beat a rival club. Its the casual players who probably dont play as hard as others that wake up one morning and see that there silver 2 club just got leveled to Platinum overnight for free. This is what makes it fun.
    – The Great Houmy
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I 100% agree with @dkarski87. I had a forum member drop points to get my club to the next level. I was very happy and appreciative of his help and I messaged him to show my gratitude. That is called community building. Cool down, getting rid of points for gifts or anything related too will destroy the community.
    dkarski87 said:
    The only reason that we have gifts for pts is because of GLU. Sure, some of you dont like it but this was created by their own doing. Its really no different for then someone saying "donations for gifts or renting clubs for pts" Its another form of currency within the game that players use to trade, swap, whatever you wanna call it. If you bitch about the PTS then turn around are one to ask for donations to help level your club then your a hypocrite. Its just another way the game allows players to share currency. You see plenty of people of offering donations for gifts as well.  And IMO this is what makes the game so great and enjoyable for so many. This is what made the game so much fun in the past for so many, no cool down and having the freedom to move around whenever we wanted. 95% of people would agree that COOLDOWN was one of the worst things to ever in TSB.
    The same can be said for cool down, it is the players fault.  Points for gifts is very destructive to the spirit of the game.  When cool down returns it will be because of the points for gifts guys who love their freedom, and abuse it.  It’s just like the husband who’s wife let’s him go out alone and have a few drinks, but he abuses it and hooks up instead.  

As for “donations for gifts” being the same, that’s inaccurate.  Who loses?  Points for gifts means other clubs all lose rewards via a spot on the leader board.  Nobody is Immediately affected by donations for gifts, in fact nobody cares.

Helping friends is great.  Nobody wants cool down again but there will be a price we all pay for points for gifts.  I just wish guys would realize that and stop.
    - Blueleopard
    So if I do pts for free does that still count? Why cant I go help other clubs out that need it. It depends how you look at it. Sure you might be on the crappy end of the stick but what If I came and played 2b points for you and your club and got you first. The issue here also is the rewards are so crap that the people that move around dont care to stay and win them. Now offer some pxp, more gold, more cash. I bet you less people would be inclined to leave. The reward payout doesn't justify people staying in their clubs.
    – The Great Houmy
    If you’ve ever been screwed over by a low life scrub paying off Sparta guys in gifts to come drop points for him, when you’ve been in first the whole weekend with well over 100bil and this happens on Sunday you’d be thinking a bit differently but if you’ve never been in that situation then sure but there are always 2 sides to every situation just sayin 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @txhoneybadger after making that argument I have to say that has to extremely frustrating and angering. I get now how points for gifts can and will ruin this game. I see now how this is a separate issue than cool down and shouldn't be lumped together.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    So if I do pts for free does that still count? 
    That is exactly what I've been doing this weekend 🙃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited May 2020
    The "points for gifts" guys generally spent a good chunk of dinero to get the good pulls and sets, then decide to earn gold via gifts to score points for others instead of earning event rewards. If gifts didnt exist, points for gifts wouldn't either 🤷‍♂️ 

Edit: or, as @dkarski87 said, make the event rewards worthwhile so these guys want to stay in a club. As it stands, potentially earning 1,000 gifts over a weekend blows any event rewards way out of the water 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    If you’ve ever been screwed over by a low life scrub paying off Sparta guys in gifts to come drop points for him, when you’ve been in first the whole weekend with well over 100bil and this happens on Sunday you’d be thinking a bit differently but if you’ve never been in that situation then sure but there are always 2 sides to every situation just sayin 
    Been there... and still don’t think differently about it. I would gladly accept losing the lead on a Sunday to a low life scrub vs the alternative fix cooldown.  I have never accepted a gift for points.. I enjoy jumping around and dropping points and the whole community aspect of that. Cooldown made the game stale asf last year. Clubs recruiting help on global was a thing way before gifts were available. 
    I guess you missed my first post where I said no cool down was needed? 🤔
    You cant have one without the other unfortunately. I myself have also been on the sh1T stick of losing end but to me i dont really care as @mythicaldragon pointed out. The rewards are crap anyways and the alternative is cooldown., so if that means you take a loss once in a while so be it. And before all you whiners start crying about "well I never leave my club so It doesn't affect me" Then guess what, you have no idea how to play this game. And as 95% of people will agree with me, the game itself works as a community in various ways.  There are so many different aspects of the game that cooldown destroyed that it really killed the game for so many. How many would like help getting their personal clubs leveled? WAIT, I never leave my club so why do I need one? The point is these things are connected, when you guys start bitching about event loses or people dropping points for other clubs. Your asking for cooldown to come back.
    – The Great Houmy
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    You cant have one without the other unfortunately. I myself have also been on the sh1T stick of losing end but to me i dont really care as @mythicaldragon pointed out. The rewards are crap anyways and the alternative is cooldown., so if that means you take a loss once in a while so be it. And before all you whiners start crying about "well I never leave my club so It doesn't affect me" Then guess what, you have no idea how to play this game. And as 95% of people will agree with me, the game itself works as a community in various ways.  There are so many different aspects of the game that cooldown destroyed that it really killed the game for so many. How many would like help getting their personal clubs leveled? WAIT, I never leave my club so why do I need one? The point is these things are connected, when you guys start bitching about event loses or people dropping points for other clubs. Your asking for cooldown to come back.
    *Mic Drop*
    I am not asking for a cool down either but there are other ways the issue could be resolved.  With that being said, I would definitely prefer a cool down to the existing situation.  

I realize I am not as smart as others like @d@dkarski87 , as I have only been playing since 2015, but I don’t think 95% of the guys in the game can agree on anything.  I’m sure the whiners are going to start bitching at me because I want cool down back, which I don’t (although a 1 hr cool down wouldn’t be bad), I just want points for gifts to stop.  As I said before, if cool down happens it is only because of the points for gifts guys/customers.
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    As I said before, if cool down happens it is only because of the points for gifts guys/customers.
    You spelled "club cohesion" wrong.  
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    whynot said:
    As I said before, if cool down happens it is only because of the points for gifts guys/customers.
    You spelled "club cohesion" wrong.  
    “Club cohesion” at the cost of “community cohesion”
    Whoa. Did @bigvivecs_bot return for bot-off 2: the final takedown of @DFBB?
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Whoa. Did @bigvivecs_bot return for bot-off 2: the final takedown of @DFBB?
    🤷‍♂️
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    My personal belief is that club points for an event should only count from team members that were in your club at the start of the event. There - I just solved the problem without instituting cooldown. Be a free agent. Jump around all you want. Play where you want. Dump gloves for evo. No issue.
    If this is a "baseball" simulation - then it should follow baseball like rules - for instance a guy gets traded to the opposing team in the middle of the 5th inning....he doesn't go across to the other dugout...change jerseys and take a few hacks for his new team in the bottom of the ninth. The guy waits until the next day to suit up and contribute to his new team. Just saying. 

Yeap that works too.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    My personal belief is that club points for an event should only count from team members that were in your club at the start of the event. There - I just solved the problem without instituting cooldown. Be a free agent. Jump around all you want. Play where you want. Dump gloves for evo. No issue.
    If this is a "baseball" simulation - then it should follow baseball like rules - for instance a guy gets traded to the opposing team in the middle of the 5th inning....he doesn't go across to the other dugout...change jerseys and take a few hacks for his new team in the bottom of the ninth. The guy waits until the next day to suit up and contribute to his new team. Just saying. 

That is the obvious, actual, solution.  Unfortunately cooldown is probably the response that we eventually get.