team improvement

dudeguydudeguy Registered Users 119 Posts
another dumb question-what's the best way to strengthen my team?

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Higher-max players, player skills, team upgrades, pennants.  Probably in that order.  

Edit: fwiw, the TS rating means almost nothing.  All it really means is a way to gauge your team, at a glance, against others.  It is a placebo, and can also be very misleading.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I agree with @Tdub71, but would caveat that you should not spend any resources on pitcher skills.  Many top players believe that pitcher skills are irrelevant and have no impact on performance, they merely prop up your team strength.
    100% agree with @SandlotGuru.
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    I agree with @Tdub71, but would caveat that you should not spend any resources on pitcher skills.  Many top players believe that pitcher skills are irrelevant and have no impact on performance, they merely prop up your team strength.
    When you reference “pitcher skills” does this theory apply to the Team Upgrade related pitcher skills, an individual pitcher’s special skill (early inning, 2-outs), OR both?
    Individual player skills.  The team pitching upgrades are useful, imo.  Not nearly as much as Hitting Coach/Trainer/Clutch Performance/In the Zone.  Those are crucial, and should be the first 4 addressed, in that order 
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Thank you, Gents
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Every point into starting batters and starting pitchers will increase your TS by 180 and 150 respectively. It also goes up quite a bit with your bench and bullpen, but not quite as much(closer should still be +150 per skill point). As @SandlotGuru mentioned, it's also my opinion that pitcher skills are basically, all show and no go. For example, all my pitcher skills are currently at zeros and I win almost all of my games. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Every point into starting batters and starting pitchers will increase your TS by 180 and 150 respectively. It also goes up quite a bit with your bench and bullpen, but not quite as much(closer should still be +150 per skill point). As @SandlotGuru mentioned, it's also my opinion that pitcher skills are basically, all show and no go. For example, all my pitcher skills are currently at zeros and I win almost all of my games. 
    In all fairness, would you less games if your hitters skills were at zero? My guess is you wouldn’t. We only know hitters skills work because of WOH and CVC. Until we have pitching events where skills are tested and actually utilized (which we won’t) then we’ll never really know.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    KCTribe said:
     (which we won’t) 
    I wouldn't say that..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    KCTribe said:
     (which we won’t) 
    I wouldn't say that..
    🤯🤯🤯

do you know something we don’t? Is this coming in the next update in February 2021?
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I recently started play MLB 9innings (basically on the days of TSB prime events, which I have zero interest in) and I really like the pitching aspect of that game.  Would anyone else like to see GLU develop something similar for TSB?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    they already are, Stay Tunned
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    DFBB said:
    In all fairness, would you less games if your hitters skills were at zero? My guess is you wouldn’t. We only know hitters skills work because of WOH and CVC. Until we have pitching events where skills are tested and actually utilized (which we won’t) then we’ll never really know.