Starting Pitchers

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
It seems like the only way to get a good pitcher over the past month is to spend money. Do you think that will be the trend besides POTW, which was a SR this week? Since there are no POTM, I’m not sure how anyone is going to survive as a F2P if they don’t start putting SPs in the boxes again. I would actually love to see a minimum 335 Max SP as the WOH reward this weekend, but I doubt that will happen.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This trend has bothered me too. Gold has been devalued this year so I’ve adjusted my approach a bit. They have thrown us the occasional bone(Jansen last week, Foil Maeda prior), but the theme seems rather clear. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Agree.  GLU is a bunch of stupid doody heads
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I got lucky early with 320 Flaherty and 310 Alcantara early on with free boxes or gold spent and along with my keeper am doing ok. I did bite the bullet against my better judgement and spent $20 on a closer as I seemed to need that. That being said, I’d spend $15 for a chance at the 350 SP, but don’t want to end up with $15 worth of worthless franchise coins. Stupid marketing move imo. But yeah, would love to see more boxes with SP that is worth chasing
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm pretty sure this special is for glu to convince more people to chip in and buy boxes. If 5 people in a club buy it, the 5 who buy are guaranteed the pitcher. By the logic, the moment one buys it there will be some sort of a chain reaction inducing the others to also chip in.
    And it works, which is why we continue to see it. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I'm pretty sure this special is for glu to convince more people to chip in and buy boxes. If 5 people in a club buy it, the 5 who buy are guaranteed the pitcher. By the logic, the moment one buys it there will be some sort of a chain reaction inducing the others to also chip in.
    When my “financial advisor” saw the ill fated temptation in my eyes, she took away my credit privileges and said “No way, these fools are crooks! Not going to be allowed”! I think she was talking about Glu, not you guys... 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    There's a nice SP in the cash player box today. I'm happy to see it's return especially with a Sherzer in it.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    First box! Maybe Glu is reading these posts. Sorry he’s not capped @retirepujols
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    First box! Maybe Glu is reading these posts. Sorry he’s not capped @retirepujols
    I got him on the pity timer but none the less I got him.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Sorry he’s not capped @retirepujols
    So am I 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71