The return of the cash boxes....

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

I got him on the pity timer. Also got Pedroia four times and much needed bxp and a lot of useless franchise coins. I guess I can waste them on extra bases.

Comments

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts

I got him on the pity timer. Also got Pedroia four times and much needed bxp and a lot of useless franchise coins. I guess I can waste them on extra bases.
    Um, there's no way you got him on the pity timer if you hit Pedroia 4 times. The counter resets when Pedroia is hit and the box disappears after 15 opened.
    I hit Pedroia on box 10 and it reset the timer. I opened 5 more boxes and it left the store

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited May 2020

Um, there's no way you got him on the pity timer if you hit Pedroia 4 times. The counter resets when Pedroia is hit and the box disappears after 15 opened.
    I hit Pedroia on box 10 and it reset the timer. I opened 5 more boxes and it left the store

That's if I opened up more than 15 boxes.... Good try gadget....
    Possible to hit Pedroia twice in a row as well....
    edited May 2020
    Either way, you didn't get him "FROM PITY". The timer resets to 0 everytime you hit a Pedroia. You're FoS

If you hit ANY Pedroia, You literally cannot REACH Pity timer. Period.
    Either way, you didn't get him "FROM PITY". The timer resets to 0 everytime you hit a Pedroia. You're FoS
    We have a super sleuth here. Congratulations buddy. Now get a life!!!!
    Hey super sleuth, you are missing an important clue how many boxes did I purchase.... don't ask because idk...I just kept hitting the button till I got him...
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Let’s say you hit Pedroia in each of the first 4 boxes. That leaves you with 11 left to purchase and the timer at zero. You need 15 to hit the pity timer. That’s impossible. But, not calling you liar. I’m assuming the pity timer issue that we all experienced helped you out.
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I was pulling out of the bad box and the pity time wasn't working.  They replaced it with the new box.  You could definitely get more than 15 boxes this time.  I am screwed and working with support because I purchased during the bad box time and the pity times didn't work, so I am out the cash for all the boxes purchased and the pity timer is at 0.  I am hoping support will fix it.
    KCTribe said:
    Let’s say you hit Pedroia in each of the first 4 boxes. That leaves you with 11 left to purchase and the timer at zero. You need 15 to hit the pity timer. That’s impossible. But, not calling you liar. I’m assuming the pity timer issue that we all experienced helped you out.
    I may have misspoken because I just assumed I got him on the pity timer because I kept hitting the button over and over again. Even so @Scioscia_Fan saying I'm FoS was crossing a line. I mean come on with everything going on in the world today is this really that big of a deal 🤷‍♂️. Thank you @KCTribe for the correction and for not being inflammatory.
    KCTribe said:
    I may have misspoken because I just assumed I got him on the pity timer because I kept hitting the button over and over again. Even so @Scioscia_Fan saying I'm FoS was crossing a line. I mean come on with everything going on in the world today is this really that big of a deal 🤷‍♂️. Thank you @KCTribe for the correction and for not being inflammatory.

My first post had nothing inflammatory about it. Your snide remark calling me Gadget, like I was wrong but nice try, is what triggered a more blunt response. I was just stating the facts of the box. You claimed in two threads you got him from the pity timer. This was false. I really don't care but you decided to prove yourself right and keep it going. Enjoy your virtual player, regardless.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Hoping this box re-ups. Hit Pedroia on the timer and he's nowhere near top tier like that Scherzer is. 
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    All I know is i couldn't be more pumped for not having to spend gold on an ace this weekend.
    edited May 2020
    KCTribe said:

My first post had nothing inflammatory about it. Your snide remark calling me Gadget, like I was wrong but nice try, is what triggered a more blunt response. I was just stating the facts of the box. You claimed in two threads you got him from the pity timer. This was false. I really don't care but you decided to prove yourself right and keep it going. Enjoy your virtual player, regardless.
    I apologize for the snide remark but was there any real point to try to prove that I was wrong now that we now know the pity timer wasn't working properly. I mean I read stuff on this forum if someone misspeaks, or is wrong, someone is just waiting to prove that person is wrong and the person proving the other person is wrong is all knowing and makes that person out to be an idiot all for a LoL. I mean seriously and we call this a community.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    I was pulling out of the bad box and the pity time wasn't working.  They replaced it with the new box.  You could definitely get more than 15 boxes this time.  I am screwed and working with support because I purchased during the bad box time and the pity times didn't work, so I am out the cash for all the boxes purchased and the pity timer is at 0.  I am hoping support will fix it.
    I am in your exact position. I burned through half a million in cash with no player to show for it. Now that the timer reset I’d potentially have to spend even more cash to get a player.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Y’all can have this garbage. Since the 1st box with Bellinger, all Glu has done is screw us over. From 40 box limit to 15, From an excellent chance to get a quality player to crap players mixed in with crap rewards and a slight chance at a useful player. If this box was anything like their 1st box, I’d be all over it. 15 box limit with mainly crap? No thank you
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    shea510 said:
    Y’all can have this garbage. Since the 1st box with Bellinger, all Glu has done is screw us over. From 40 box limit to 15, From an excellent chance to get a quality player to crap players mixed in with crap rewards and a slight chance at a useful player. If this box was anything like their 1st box, I’d be all over it. 15 box limit with mainly crap? No thank you
    I also purchased.....

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I planned to buy 15, hoping lightning would strike.  Got Pedrioa on #5, and gave up.  Max is great, but my box luck has been garbage, so I decided not to throw away any more cash...
    Yup I’d love to get Max, just don’t see this as a viable option. Personally, I think Glu is getting quite better at shooting themselves in the foot
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I did not and will not buy one of these.   The first weekend box was good.    
  • cubz2029cubz2029 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts

• cubz2029cubz2029 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Got Almora and scherzer today. Couldn’t pull anything last weekend
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I only bought this box for Scherzer. I got Pedroia twice and now it’s gone. Does anyone know if it returns the next day? Or was it just 15 for the whole event?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I only bought this box for Scherzer. I got Pedroia twice and now it’s gone. Does anyone know if it returns the next day? Or was it just 15 for the whole event?
    15 and done unfortunately. I’d buy it if it were only max in the box guaranteed at 15. To risky I would more than likely walk away empty handed like you... need my blue cash for upgrades anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
    sullipa8 said:
    This is one of the most blatant “SCREW YOU CUSTOMERS”, from Glu this season. This game is going downhill at a rather alarming rate. Thankfully, my money is not going down with it. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Got him 5th box.  First 3 did not register on pity timer, so CS said they would refund my cash and deduct my XP.  Haven't done either yet, which is good, because i needed to XP to level him.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    15 and done unfortunately. I’d buy it if it were only max in the box guaranteed at 15. To risky I would more than likely walk away empty handed like you... need my blue cash for upgrades anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yeah, I got screwed on this one. I’m building up more cash as I go along, but would like more cracks at this box.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jrichmanesqjrichmanesq Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    HAHAHAHAHA DIE IN A FIRE GLU