TSB '20 Batting Mechanics

IamGamer48IamGamer48 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
Are there specific spots on the screen or you should tap or tap-hold and drag to pull the ball in a certain direction? Are there different ways to do this per event, when in manual (WOH, Prime Games, CVC, EB, etc.)??

Comments

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Timing & predetermined results only
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    It's predetermined whether you have the possibility of getting a hit or not. If pitches on the edge of the plate are called strikes, then the at bat is 100% an out. However, if the only strikes the pitcher is throwing are balls down the middle of the plate, you can use timing to help you angle the ball where you want it to go. Typically, if you swing early, you are more likely to pull the ball for power, but also more likely to hit a pop fly. If you swing late, you are more likely to get a hit to the opposite field, but it will typically be only a single or a double.
  • XXUNITYXXXXUNITYXX Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I have heard that if you wait a split second longer and go opposite field your success rate will be higher in events like WoH.  Tried it out a bit with mixed results, so I am not certain enough to fully endorse it. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I try to notice what the infield position is in for WOH. If it is at double play depth or shifted to the left, I always try to hit to right field and vice versa. If it’s at double play depth, do not try to hit it up the middle or it’s almost certainly going to be a double play. This is just how I do it, and I’m sure different folks have different strokes. I am a firm believer that the outcome is predetermined to a certain extent. When you buy a box, you know what you’re gonna get before you even click to open it, hence it doesn’t matter how many shakes or twists or turns you let the box take. I apologize if I offend any of you box shaker theorists. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    XXUNITYXX said:
    I have heard that if you wait a split second longer and go opposite field your success rate will be higher in events like WoH.  Tried it out a bit with mixed results, so I am not certain enough to fully endorse it. 
    The 'optimal' timing is a split second just before you go oppo. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    One issue I have with '20 that didn't happen in '19 is with my right handed hitters.
    I'm using the same phone.
    Occasionally on a pitch down the middle, I'll tap but the swing doesn't register. I can't remember if it happens in WOH but it definitely happens in CVC, EB. Only with my righties.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • IamGamer48IamGamer48 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    So, if I understand what you are all saying is that it's not about a particular way of tapping the screen or tap-dragging in a certain direction, but all to do with timing and nothing else that determines how the ball gets hit with the variances of whether it's a righty or lefty batter and the random predetermination set by the game's algorithms.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Correct
  • IamGamer48IamGamer48 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Thank you! It's the kind of thing that can make someone rage quit and uninstall the game! LOL