Options

Quit or not...

yanoljayanolja Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I think this game is addictable and I think I am addicted. However, I am not addicted on playing this game but pulling damn mistery boxes. I know GLU adjusted box odds and hard to get good players but I could not stop trying to pull boxes. Since yesterday, I spent about 100 bucks to buy bundles and field pass but pulled only 4 star and 4.5 star players. I was getting frustrated and decided not play this game anymore. Guess what I have done after I decided that... I spent some money again but wasted that money....
I do not know why I spent so much money on this garbage. Earning this money is not easy and it would be better to use this for better purposes. I think I cannot control myself and now it is the time to quit on it. 
I want to ask you guys why you are using your important values on this unbenefitable garbage. Few years ago, this game was not like this and it was some fun to play this. The current version, however, is just picking money from our pocket. Can you guys control yourself? If you enjoy this, which part do you?
This game is a total garbage. 

Comments

• Options
    IamGamer48IamGamer48 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I fully agree with you!

I cam back to this game this past January and just about everyday ask myself the same questions. I found that I can't seem to find a better mobile baseball game out there with these dynamics. It's not a great game, but it keeps the likes of us from boredom and in a decent club with active players some good conversations do happen. The only things that keep me from quitting and uninstalling is that it's really the only game I play on mobile and I have invested a lot time on it. And I have history with this game... I used to play it back in 2016-2018, where I did spend tons money on it unintelligently.

The way I saw it then was "Bah, I could spend a little here and there as if I went to a Dave & Buster's and spent money on arcades there." When I came back to TSB in January, I said the only rule I have for myself is no spending! I've been able to keep that rule unbroken, but not without the regrets and desires that come with seeing how far you can get in the game if you 'pay to play.'

You are right the game is not what it used to be. Just know this.. this game is someone else's income ;) (TS Developers) Is the entertainment you get from it worth the monetary trade off? For many, it seems, it is. For me, not anymore. For you, you'll need to determine that for yourself.
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    The hope of pulling someone is the only addictive part of the game. Same way as a kid opening packs of sport cards. I usually don't spend much but spent $50 this weekend since I couldn't buy beer all week being on call for work. No foil players but still not terrible pulls.
    Once you don't enjoy most aspects of the game I'd say walk away and put your money to a different activity/hobby. Fishing, hunting, sports equipment, remote control cars/planes...its honestly endless. Can't take money with you when you when you die so use what you can for enjoyment.
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    lpoheron said:
    “Can't take money with you when you when you die so use what you can for enjoyment.”
    Obviously single without the financial advisor
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    lpoheron said:
    “Can't take money with you when you when you die so use what you can for enjoyment.”
    Obviously single without the financial advisor
    Actually married. So I guess its safe to assume your financial advisor is showing you how to spend your money after you are gone? Or are you not able to teach your wife/family proper money management?
  • Options
    toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    I would argue woh is addictive.   Just ask drsmartassphd.  
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I would argue woh is addictive.   Just ask drsmartassphd.  
    It is. Very.

For the OP: either farm the hell out of gold to save money, or quit.

I had a plan coming onto the year and I’ve stuck to it. Front loaded spending to get to gold and have adequate XP to keep rolling. With the new XP building system, I decided to designate two weekends to team building until the Primes and Legends come out. I picked three weeks ago and this weekend. Spent about 60K in gold combined those two weekend, got all my main players to G10 with capped skills, and have a solid enough team to win WoH.

I now have close to 1M in blue cash, almost 200K BXP, and I’m sitting on 180K gold. For the next three or four weeks I will just build up again, and not chase anyone until a must have guy is released.

But my cost is the time spent farming, which is easy for me.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    @yanolja, I commend you for reaching out for advice, it takes a strong person to recognize when they have a problem and an even stronger one to ask for help. Even though this is just a mobile phone game, the "gambling" aspects of opening boxes can be very addictive. Since spending money to buy more boxes has become something you struggle to control and because it's having a negative affect on your finances, I think you're making the right decision to stop playing. But whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best in the future.