Royale 5/29-5/31

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
Max 330 guys with decent skills.

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited May 2020
    I'd rather hit tourneys to box cap and throw away Hicks than cycle cap and throw away Pollock 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Being new to Diamond I am exited for Pollock. I don’t have enough tourney boxes yet to make it worth it. 
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited May 2020
    uwjnhaduihduiowa said:
    pity timer for cash box is broken. Bought 15, got no one.

I just noticed the same thing, any chance CS will do anything to remedy this? (I know, dumb question, but sometimes I like to ask stupid questions that I already know the answer to)
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    this morning I hit into a 3-6-3 double play on 1.2 for possibly the first time ever. followed that up with a triple play on 1.3. going to be a long weekend... 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Beat Woh for first time this year.  Second try at 6.10 with LaStella G10/4/4 + video boost vs Greinke.
    From my perspective WoH is back to "normal" difficulty.
    Never seen a 3-6-3 double play though,  but I did have the classic 6-3-4 triple play once yesterday.

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Yeah, to me this is set at the right level of difficulty. It’s beatable if you set your matchups and have your upgrades maxed. But it’s not such a cake walk that it’s no fun. And if you don’t have the right matchup, you could lose. The one thing I still don’t get. I lose more on 4.6 than any other level. Why is the difficulty on that level higher than at any other level?
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    edited May 2020
    sullipa8 said:
    Yeah, to me this is set at the right level of difficulty. It’s beatable if you set your matchups and have your upgrades maxed. But it’s not such a cake walk that it’s no fun. And if you don’t have the right matchup, you could lose. The one thing I still don’t get. I lose more on 4.6 than any other level. Why is the difficulty on that level higher than at any other level?
    Is that Tanaka at 4.6? PLANT
    And is Musgrove 4.7? GIMME

I do the old flip-flop, switcharooney here.

Create a better match up for yourself against Tanaka and consider using the lower match up against Musgrove.

Tanaka is a “plant.” A player that is a tough match up regardless of where he is in the level. I do my best to take the first pitch against guys like this. There is at least one of these “plants” in each level. Against Tanaka, I use a left handed batter that will have a higher probability of having 2 active skills against each pitch with the video boost for insurance. 

Musgrove is a “gimme.” A player that gives you hittable pitches (fastballs down the middle; this particular pitcher, Musgrove, does not have a Change Up in his arsenal). There is at least one of the “gimmes” in each level. 

In Walk Off Hero you want to create the more favorable match up. Not always because you are going to over power the pitcher in any given situation; but rather, you want to increase the likelihood, probability, RNG, that you will get a more hittable pitch in a wider variety of situations.

Take the first pitch. If it’s down the middle, fast ball or a change up, you got another one coming. Wait on the fastball. Foul off a couple if necessary. At the beginning of each version of TSB you go through a tutorial—best piece of advice is to wait on the fastball. If you are getting big hooking curve balls or pitches that bite the corners, it’s a trap. Take the pitch until you get walked or have a situation in which you must swing to avoid taking that third strike.

It seems so simple, and it is, but constant self reminders and patience are necessary for the big pay off. 

Good luck, have fun, and happy tapping!

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    This is the most fun weekend for me. Working in my 5th casual cycle pulled 345 Baez and my club is in top 25. 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Olsen with a 3 run two out Homer to win it !
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I have cycled four times and just got 27 and out from ZG on my fifth attempt. GLU know how to stop me, and that’s with blatant cheating 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Was about 175K XP and I was probably at 120K in gold, but keep in mind I hoard gold more than most. Get a weekday Field pass for the .3 team discount.

Best advice is to add it up with the charts. Make sure you have enough to cap keepers and your legend too, along with whatever other guys you want to cap. I would also cap 3 pitchers. My two keepers and legend are currently three of my top 6 or 7 guys.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I finally beat it for the first time this year at Silver. Cruz beat 6.10 with no outs. Not much of a reward, but I feel better. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Number 6 for the weekend. So much fun! I’ve spend more gold, but for the fun factor it was worth it. 

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Number 6 for the weekend. So much fun! I’ve spend more gold, but for the fun factor it was worth it. 

LUCKYYYYY!!!  I got to Greinke once... it was a blood bath.  I'm only silver right now though, so I wasn't expecting much.  Nicely done though.
    Just no.  
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Gold players who can cycle cap WOH, please give me some advice!!

soooo... this weekend, i dropped 42.5k gold and got everyone in the young guns boxes, and cycled WOH 3 times. put up 3 billion+ pts, but in the process also lost 50% of bonus games I played. finally, im sick and tired of that and just decided to go gold.

i was wondering if the same people could get it done at g10, if pennants are only 40 and upgrades are only 40

my finishers
    L: foil verdugo 8/8 g10 (1st pitch, HH), keeper gonzo 8/8 g10 (HH, RHP), 330 moran,frazier 8/8 (RISP, RHP), g10, ML 8/8 g5 (2x RHP)
    R: foil baez 8/8 g10 (HH, runners on), 345 baez 8/8 g10 (LHP, runners on), 335 pence 8/8 g10 (LHP, HH), 330 zimmerman 8/4 g10 (LHP, early innings, respectively).
    Yes. No question. If you beat it 3 times this weekend in silver you should have no issues in gold... assuming you get at least 3 righty bats and 1 lefty bat maxed.

You should be fine with pennants and upgrades at 40, but I’d start saving blue cash for the 4 hitting upgrades. For me that would mean manually playing WOH.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:
    Being new to Diamond I am exited for Pollock. I don’t have enough tourney boxes yet to make it worth it. 

22 cycles this weekend. First diamond cap. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Congrats @JTPASTOR. Also being new to Diamond, I know how important this is. I was able to cap Moran last Monday and got between 25-30 cycles in while also capping Pollock this weekend. Now the fun begins....or grind, whichever way you want to look at it. Field Pass here I come!
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    Gold players who can cycle cap WOH, please give me some advice!!

soooo... this weekend, i dropped 42.5k gold and got everyone in the young guns boxes, and cycled WOH 3 times. put up 3 billion+ pts, but in the process also lost 50% of bonus games I played. finally, im sick and tired of that and just decided to go gold.

i was wondering if the same people could get it done at g10, if pennants are only 40 and upgrades are only 40

my finishers
    L: foil verdugo 8/8 g10 (1st pitch, HH), keeper gonzo 8/8 g10 (HH, RHP), 330 moran,frazier 8/8 (RISP, RHP), g10, ML 8/8 g5 (2x RHP)
    R: foil baez 8/8 g10 (HH, runners on), 345 baez 8/8 g10 (LHP, runners on), 335 pence 8/8 g10 (LHP, HH), 330 zimmerman 8/4 g10 (LHP, early innings, respectively).
    Yes. No question. If you beat it 3 times this weekend in silver you should have no issues in gold... assuming you get at least 3 righty bats and 1 lefty bat maxed.

You should be fine with pennants and upgrades at 40, but I’d start saving blue cash for the 4 hitting upgrades. For me that would mean manually playing WOH.
    Oops, I meant 3 lefty bats and 1 righty bat. Just to clarify 😬
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    It was a very fun weekend with a very nice WoH reward! Cycled WoH 26 times spending a total of 160 gold, and also capped foiled Baez (cvc box), Morton, Scherzer and Pagan (cvc box) at P10 and still finished the weekend with more bxp than I started with.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Keep on posting how great it was last weekend, just to make sure glu reads it and screw it again.
    Keep on posting how great it was last weekend, just to make sure glu reads it and screw it again.

There are so many threads full of complaints, feels good to have a few positive ones
  • IamGamer48IamGamer48 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Dang! I'm about to have one of those I’m zero days old moment... what's a cycle of WoH? Like when someone says, “I CYCLED WoH 26 times this weekend” ... if it's what I'm thinking it is... which is 1 cycle equals going thru WoH all 6 levels and 10 rounds per... That's crazy!! I think I would rage quit and uninstall the game! LOL
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    No one would rage quit being successful at their objective 26 times in 1 event. Cycling is a good/great thing & the best way to build resources 
    Dang! I'm about to have one of those I’m zero days old moment... what's a cycle of WoH? Like when someone says, “I CYCLED WoH 26 times this weekend” ... if it's what I'm thinking it is... which is 1 cycle equals going thru WoH all 6 levels and 10 rounds per... That's crazy!! I think I would rage quit and uninstall the game! LOL

No reason to rage quit, with the 20% weekend stat boost accolade it went very smoothly. Keeper Jose Cruz lost maybe 3 times in 14 cycles at 6.10 (and beat it after video retry everytime he lost) and Matt Olson only lost once there in 12 cycles. And as I said it only cost me 160 gold as 24 of those 26 wins at 6.10 were with video boost. Very close to zero frustration with the game during the weekend

• iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    this morning I hit into a 3-6-3 double play on 1.2 for possibly the first time ever. followed that up with a triple play on 1.3. going to be a long weekend... 
    I don't think I've seen the 3-6-3 either
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17