My Love For WoH Is Quickly Fading. The Cheating Is Tiresome. There HAS To Be A Better Way..

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
Look, I get I can’t win 100% of the time. That’s fine. However, the manner in which this goes down is just tiresome now.
Yes, I cycled 5 times this weekend. I lost 4-5 times to ZG due to my mistakes. I can live with that, but Monday’s are a joke again with this inflated “pitch calling” which keeps you from getting consistent hits, especially on 6.10.

Im already 0-4 against Clevenger. Each loss had three cheat outs each round, leaving me with NO chance to win since you are down six. First game was straight up 9 and out. Happens often to me my first time through. Np prob. Video reboot. Cheat, cheat, hit, hit, hit, Grand Slam, then cheat out. FML

Get back again, get to within 2, runners on first and second, no outs, then 9 and out after that. No chance to win. Video reboot again. Same exact MFing sequence. Get to within 2, no outs, and as soon as the tying run is on base, the fuckery starts. 9 unhittable pitches.

I don’t need the player today, so now do I really want to burn a frickton of blue cash to get back to 5.10 so GLU can bend me over again? Right now that answer is an obvious NO. 

There HAS TO BE a way they can program this game to play fair or beat you in a fair manner. My crush on this game is wearing thin. I’m tired of farming gold and donating money to have an experience that involves no skill at all.

I fell in love with Slugfest and am doing great there, but those prizes really suck, minus the gloves. Bonus games are a joke and I lose prime games to teams I nearly double in strength. Tournaments are ok. I kill CvC but haven’t won a player worth a damn all year through CvC either.

Something has to give for those of us that don’t want to play this game 8-10 hours a day.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    I thought it faded 6 months ago ?
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Go to platinum and spend your gold and cycle  more!
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    WOH isn’t that crucial to building and improving your team like it used to be. For those that can beat WOH, they most likely don’t NEED the player. That is exactly your case, so why stress over trying to beat it?

As a fellow gold team who is capable of beating WOH, that’s exactly the approach I take. I manually play every single round, so if I end up not beating it at least I ended the day making a good chunk of blue cash, xp, and bonus games. Cycle capping at gold on Monday is impossible, so if I beat it once I’ll MAYBE cap that player, then manually play every round again. No rush, no stress.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I honestly haven't seen the "9 curves and out" scenarios since last year.  There's almost always one that you can foul off which breaks the cycle and is followed by fastballs.  If you miss that one, you're toast.  

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Are you using Keeper Brett?
    Yes, now he’s 0-5. Again, hit parade until the tying run was on base, then cheating. Didn’t even bother with the video reboot. 

What makes this more painful is the amount of blue cash they suck out of you, as well as the time. I’m two hours in and I should have cycled at least once, maybe twice, but NOPE. Game cheats and you can’t win. 

I’m going take a boomer nap. Not worth the frustration 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@KCTribe: agree. Royale was solid this weekend. I’m sitting on 200K BxP now. Maybe after my nap I’ll just take your approach. Need to get some money back. Lol

xracman said:
    I honestly haven't seen the "9 curves and out" scenarios since last year.  There's almost always one that you can foul off which breaks the cycle and is followed by fastballs.  If you miss that one, you're toast.  

That random straight one is still an auto out. Any time your at bat ends with the “pitch calling” info popping up in WOH, that means you were going to be out no matter what

Yep Keeper Brett on Clevenger,  40g if needed.  It'll  stop the whining? 
    @KCTribe: agree. Royale was solid this weekend. I’m sitting on 200K BxP now. Maybe after my nap I’ll just take your approach. Need to get some money back. Lol
    Just gotta take a step back and put things into perspective. Gold isn’t meant to be as easy as platinum and diamond, but we have the luxury of capping a player much, much easier. As long as you’re staying at or ahead of the player curve and keep an ample supply of resources, WOH isn’t a big deal. For gold players we should be making improvements through CVC boxes... or digging into your massive gold reserves. Lol

Don’t compare yourself to all these plat/diamond guys boasting about beating WOH 30 times. I honestly see that and it makes me sick. Lol... that is not the life for me. I wanna remind you Doc, last year seemed to start out difficult and through the year it got much easier. In several months you’ll realize you were dumb to stress so much over a 330 player. Hakuna matata, my friend.

Hope my little pep talk combined with your beauty rest has your blood pressure back to normal 🤙
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Even with b1 scrubs I don't get fricked like the doc with 9 cheat outs 🧐 I gotta say, man, move on from your woh expectations or try something different.. but telling us how you're banging your head against the wall the same way each time isnt productive. I feel like you've got some things stuck in your head that are serving as a mental roadblock. Yes, there are plenty of people that struggle with woh; but you're the only guy that consistently talks about these 9 straight cheat outs every woh event. Are you trying different batters, or losing with the same guy each time? What are the skills like? Pennants? Upgrades? Success/failure rate with your consistent loser? Success/failure rate with other guys - even if they seem like a weird matchup? Who are your keepers and how is your ML setup? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Perfect!
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited June 2020
    “Stop being a Debbie Downer, grow a sack and go Plat”

Edit..Since I went plat I have cycled this season more than I ever did..I never did it in gold for what its worth.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’d rather get 9 curve cheated all day long than read another one of these awful whiny rants...
    fahhq2 said:
    I’d rather get 9 curve cheated all day long than read another one of these awful whiny rants...
    Liar.

@retirepujols: I only had nine and out twice today. First time in a while I’ve had 9 and out, period. My frustration comes more with the predictable patterns that are popping up again to keep you from winning.

Like I said, the fact that the BS starts when I get the tying run on is predictable and stale now. I won this weekend against a more difficult pitching matchup. Don’t tell me my matchup favorability is doubled, only to get three curve outs at some point EVERY SINGLE ROUND. Beat me with tricky pitching like ZG does in Royale. Don’t beat me by not giving me a shot. Pisses me off. Lol

Let’s refer to the title of this post: “there has to be a better way.”

There is. And we’ve given you your options. Either accept WOH at gold for what it is, or go platinum 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    “Look kids...Big Ben and there’s Parliament”
  • bdogfootball7bdogfootball7 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I had no idea what cycling was until a few weeks ago... Was a great idea... Unfortunately I was informed on here and Glu found the solution to that by giving us a box instead of a player 😂🤣 touche Glu
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Retirepuhols makes a great point about trying different guys.  I tried lastella since he cleared 2 times for me last Monday .  He was bad.  I tried Blackmon.  He almost could. So I tried keeper Jose Cruz and he made it look easy.  Either that or they just turned easy button on.  Try Cruz doc.  I think you have him.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Cruz is a WoH beast.  With the latest keeper bump, his hit rating against righties is a tick higher than foil Didi.
    I finally cleared earlier with foil Verdugo, per the suggestion in the thread. Won’t play again. Not worth the effort.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    use that gold u got, go Platinum. The XP required in Plat isnt that bad.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    2020KC said:
    “Stop being a Debbie Downer, grow a sack and go Plat”

Edit..Since I went plat I have cycled this season more than I ever did..I never did it in gold for what its worth.
    Platinum really is a good spot this year. I was Platinum for maybe a week last year, it was nothing more than a Diamond gateway.

This year it has a lot of advantages. Easier cycling than Gold, better play in games, winnable season modes,  expensive for resources but not impossibly so. It's perfect for the player who likes to play competitively but doesn't have the time to dedicate their life to this game.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    RodFarva said:
    Cruz is a WoH beast.  With the latest keeper bump, his hit rating against righties is a tick higher than foil Didi.
    Cruz was my best guy until I got Didi. Even with the bump today, Didi is 5-7 against Clevenger and Cruz is 0-2. For fun, I tried Cruz on 4.6 twice today and he went 0-2 on that level. Double play and fly out both times. 
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    RodFarva said:
    Cruz was my best guy until I got Didi. Even with the bump today, Didi is 5-7 against Clevenger and Cruz is 0-2. For fun, I tried Cruz on 4.6 twice today and he went 0-2 on that level. Double play and fly out both times. 
    Didi is amazing. 

I only went thru it once today, and I used Cruz against Clevenger. My timing was off, and I blew it. After a video restart, Cruz hit 6 home runs to win it. He and Didi are both unbelievable. 

It’s probably either coincidence or selective memory, but Cruz is the only guy I have that seems to occasionally do something with a curve ball. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Can we see what these “cheat curves” look like??
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I went 2-7 yesterday which isn’t great, gold is silver in ‘19.  I could win in silver in ‘19 2-4 times per event but nothing like gold+.  Started the day with foil Moran and he went 0-4.  Switched to ML capped in gold and 8/8 skills and he fared much better at 2-3.  ML is set up as a switch hitting OPS leader with RHP/LI which isn’t great for CvC but the last few bumps have made him quite formidable.  I for this season at least for now am staying gold due to not playing quite as often (still quite a bit just not 10 hours a day, coupled with my phone aging and getting extremely hot after a few hours so wouldn’t be able to push the amount of BGs I feel it would take to stay competitive.)
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I went through 6 times yesterday and never pulled the foil..they messed up those boxes big time after last Monday, I only had to use gold boosts on Moran and never more than 40.  In a fit of rage I did use 320 gold on a restart as I knew Posey was better than the pitches thrown and got through to run Moran. I honestly am just happy Cycling once the rest is kind of a cool bonus, when it gets harder Ill probably bail..but am enjoying it whilst I can.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    i leave for 3 months and nothing has changed - doc still bitching about WoH. glad to know you can count on something at these forums
    Yep DrWinerpainintheaxx!!!