TSB 20 Forum

Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
edited May 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Anybody thinks tips given in this forum/chats within the app are counter productive? I feel the technical team who scour these discussions get a clue and tweak the game app accordingly. On number of occasions I have given tips to my club members only to find that the strategy no longer works. Response appreciated from anybody except those on GLU payroll.
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yes.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    Thank you for your confirmation.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Unfortunately this forum used to be great place to discuss strategies and bullshit about the game, but now it’s just intel gathering for glu to find new ways to ruin the game. 
  • Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    I hear you.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Unfortunately this forum used to be great place to discuss strategies and bullshit about the game, but now it’s just intel gathering for glu to find new ways to ruin the game. 
    and sandwiches...don't you dare forget the sammiches.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Ak472019 said:
    Anybody thinks tips given in this forum/chats within the app are counter productive? I feel the technical team who scour these discussions get a clue and tweak the game app accordingly. On number of occasions I have given tips to my club members only to find that the strategy no longer works. Response appreciated from anybody except those on GLU payroll.
    Can you give an example of something that no longer works? Glitches are rarely talked about on these forums. Beyond that, not much has changed in the last few years.  
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    How about resource mining in woh, they definitely squeezed the life out of that After people were posting what they raked in. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    How about resource mining in woh, they definitely squeezed the life out of that After people were posting what they raked in. 
    The cash squeeze is tough for sure on Mondays, but the weekend Royale is absolute cake and imo, the best way to improve your team. It dwarfs anything we've had in '19. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited June 2020
    whammo911 said:

They don't need the forums to see how much resources are gained from WoH, I'm sure they have all the data they need on their end to figure this out.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    whammo911 said:

They don't need the forums to see how much resources are gained from WoH, I'm sure they have all the data they need on their end to figure this out.
    I would normally agree with you, but then I remember it’s the same company who messes with players positions when a quick search on Wikipedia would have give them the right one.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    false, when they see people posting how easy it is etc... they adjust the difficulty.  Thats why I dont see the need to post my gloating on here for all too see. Your killing woh? Awesome, keep doing it and stack resources. I for one dont care if you did 50 cycles over the week or 2. Certain things dont need to be shared for all to see. This is where the adjustments come in. They already squeeze the resources enough over the last 2 years. Dont give them reasons to squeeze more.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    whammo911 said:

I would normally agree with you, but then I remember it’s the same company who messes with players positions when a quick search on Wikipedia would have give them the right one.
    Both are correct.
    dkarski87 said:
    false, when they see people posting how easy it is etc... they adjust the difficulty.  Thats why I dont see the need to post my gloating on here for all too see. Your killing woh? Awesome, keep doing it and stack resources. I for one dont care if you did 50 cycles over the week or 2. Certain things dont need to be shared for all to see. This is where the adjustments come in. They already squeeze the resources enough over the last 2 years. Dont give them reasons to squeeze more.

So why did it take them until November in 19 to ramp up WoH difficulty ? I remember seeing a lot of posts on here about how much resources you could gain and how easy it was all summer long, people going Diamond in May since it was so easy to cycle a ton of times, etc
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    This is also a company that rarely, if ever, just reacts.  It seems to be gross overreaction, or no action. 
    I agree with @dkarski87, fwiw.  It is nice to compare notes with others, and brag a little when things are going your way, just don't flood the forums with "this is super easy", because that's when they put the screws to us.
    edited June 2020
    Tdub71 said:
    This is also a company that rarely, if ever, just reacts.  It seems to be gross overreaction, or no action. 
    I agree with @dkarski87, fwiw.  It is nice to compare notes with others, and brag a little when things are going your way, just don't flood the forums with "this is super easy", because that's when they put the screws to us.

There's a bunch of things I agree should not be talked about here, I just don't think that having a thread with a positive vibe where people talk about how much fun they had over the weekend will change anything at all. Forums members that post here are only a drop in the bucket of TSB players, I'm pretty Glu won't change WoH difficulty based on a thread they saw in here. They'll change it based on the data they gathered on their end. Also it's nice to have a few positive threads like that in here, amidst all the negativity, but that's just my opinion!
    On the positive sides of things, I still didn’t install or play 20. Now talk about positive threads !!!!

but I do love to come here and read the swearing and troll guys a bit...just to remind me the good old days of TSB...or the bad old days lol
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I agree there needs to be some positivity on here.  We tend to be a grumpy, whiny, bunch.  Lol.  I just mean the "woh is super-easy" needs to be tempered, just like our normal bitchiness.  If they see several guys consistently bragging about how much success they are having, the adjustments will come quicker 
    edited June 2020
    Tdub71 said:
    I agree there needs to be some positivity on here.  We tend to be a grumpy, whiny, bunch.  Lol.  I just mean the "woh is super-easy" needs to be tempered, just like our normal bitchiness.  If they see several guys consistently bragging about how much success they are having, the adjustments will come quicker 

You see it as bragging but I don't, I just see it as people sharing how much fun they had and it's also important information for other players. Take myself as example, WoH is my favorite game mode, and in 19 I enjoyed WoH a lot at Gold until I moved to Diamond late in the year. So this year, since I decided I wouldn't go Diamond, I figured I'd stay Gold all year. Problem was I didn't enjoy WoH at all after moving to Gold. Only option left was moving to Platinum, but it was seen as no man's land last year so I didn't think it'd be a nice option for me either. That is until I saw people sharing how many times they were able to cycle WoH at platinum and that it was basically last year's Gold for WoH. Threads like this and the ensuing discussions I had with a few guys who played at Platinum were crucial for me to decide to make the move and be able to enjoy the game again
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    “Cycle CAAAPPPPPPPP!!!”-a forgotten term by THE king of braggers (also a huge douche)...
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    “Cycle CAAAPPPPPPPP!!!”-a forgotten term by THE king of braggers (also a huge douche)...
    @MoenPDC
    he gone, sold his team to a friend of mine for 80$. lol
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    he gone, sold his team to a friend of mine for 80$. lol
    Seriously ? What made him quit lIke that ?
    what didn't make him want to quit is the real question.
    – The Great Houmy
    edited June 2020
    fahhq2 said:
    I'll have to bring this back..

Edit: moen wasn't a douche, just a rubbed 98% of people raw 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited June 2020
    Test
    Disregard
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Test
    Disregard
    Drunk post are the best
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Drunk post are the best
    I guess? I should probably be drunk for it to be a drunk post 🥴
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited June 2020
    retirepujols said:
    fahhq2 said:

This is probably the first time I disagree with you, but that guy was ABSOLUTELY a douche, especially for a grown man.  I will say that at least he recognized he was a douche and owned it.  Some people just enjoy being the villain (douche) and he was one of them.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    retirepujols said:
    fahhq2 said:

This is probably the first time I disagree with you, but that guy was ABSOLUTELY a douche, especially for a grown man.  I will say that at least he recognized he was a douche and owned it.  Some people just enjoy being the villain (douche) and he was one of them.
    Tool, maybe but not a douche
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    retirepujols said:
    fahhq2 said:

Vic was the douche...full summers eve straight up
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit