Prime Players

RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
In past years, when prime players have been released, what has the progression been like?  The current max is around 350 - will the first prime player be a significant improvement over that?  And have they typically followed the same general path of other players (constant new releases, with the max increasing a little bit at a time)?

Anything in particular to plan for ahead of their release?

Thanks.

Comments

• PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I'd guess that the first prime this year will be about a max 370. They should follow the same max overall path as other players and stay around 20 max overall higher than the top BXP players.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Thanks - that's great to know.  Not nearly the gap between bxp and prime players that I was expecting.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    RodFarva said:
    Thanks - that's great to know.  Not nearly the gap between bxp and prime players that I was expecting.

In 19 bxp players got stuck at 350 overall for 4 or 5 months though, while primes and legends overalls kept increasing steadily, so the gap widened a lot over the summer/fall
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Gotcha.  I've currently got a roster full of 335-350 players.

So if it plays out like last year, it sounds like I've nearly reached the end of the line in terms of adding bxp players as roster upgrades?  Roster improvement would come from prime/legend players and the bxp would mostly be to add bonus players for events?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Fwiw, in '19, primes debuted in the DTI(don't try it) tower at 370 on May 13, 2019. At the time, the max bxp guys were 340s. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    I strongly believe legends will be released before primes at the rate this year is going 
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    How about that update they hinted at over a month ago? Any day now, right? :D
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I honestly believe it will be this week.  Releasing Primes to go along with VIP rewards.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    We've been trying to get this update out since the beginning of May.  It's been ready, but we've been at standstill with our partners, and it's out of our control.

Just wanted to shed some light on that.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    We've been trying to get this update out since the beginning of May.  It's been ready, but we've been at standstill with our partners, and it's out of our control.

Short answer... not this week. 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I'd love to confirm or deny that for Glu, but we've been getting jinxed for weeks.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I'd love to confirm or deny that for Glu, but we've been getting jinxed for weeks.
    Gotcha... appreciate for the update tho really 👍🏻
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Thank you blue for your transparency!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Reading that helps A LOT @[Glu Sports] blueleopard 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited June 2020

Seriously though, transparency like that is what we need more of, appreciate it @[Glu Sports] blueleopard   

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts

So you’re saying this is being held up by MLB  and the MLBPA?
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts

I just wish tapjoy would get their shit together bought something in the offer wall and still haven't gotten my gold reward and I already broke what I bought
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    thanks man..its nice to know someone there is alive.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit