The W(h)erewolf..

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
edited June 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Any guesses where Justin Turner will come from? $15-20 special? New woh reward? New SF reward with a 7x multiplier? Cash box? 
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
Prev1

Comments

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Cash box would be nice!
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Hes not the WOH reward. 

$15-$20 special is my guess.
    Cashbox would be sweet. It would make this release, even though late, 9/10 for me.

But I'm expecting him to cost money. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    SS really?  This is one of those preventable mistakes constantly being made.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    They got me... I spent some gold 😂 Don’t expect the weekend to be worth spending on and can make it up with double gold.  First skill set I’ve felt like chasing in awhile and the animation is cool🤷🏻‍♂️ Took around 15k to pull him.. pulled glasnow x3. Worth it I suppose and now I’m not bored sitting in solo club in 2nd. 😬
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Ok so he does exist huh? I opened 35 boxes and all I got was Glasgow, one time!! Geez my luck 🙃
    He does... I feel better about my luck 😕😳
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Ok so he does exist huh? I opened 35 boxes and all I got was Glasgow, one time!! Geez my luck 🙃
    Ditto.  $100 and 24k gold
    Really disappointed he is ss.. hoping they change him to 3b. Typical glu 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Had to stop after 68 boxes without getting him.   Grabbed Glasnow, Rendon and Simmons along the way so ill just level them instead
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Wow, some bad luck on these boxes! I've been much more fortunate, but it all comes around 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    This may be the first time all season I've seen someone ask for yet another 3B, especially when he's been released along side Rendon. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Wow, some bad luck on these boxes! I've been much more fortunate, but it all comes around 
    crossing my fingers it evens out tomorrow  :#
    fatDaddy said:
    This may be the first time all season I've seen someone ask for yet another 3B, especially when he's been released along side Rendon. 
    Ha true... tho I didn’t chase rendon 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Unfortunately, he's going to stay as a SS.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

My biggest issue was how manipulated the pulls from this box were

Glasnow and Turner have identical odds.  It's "5% to pull a 5 star player."

However, I pulled Glasnow (7) times before pulling Turner

Further proof Glu is far from transparent with Box Odds

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    He's actually more valuable to me as a SS, so I'm cool with this "intentional" Glu mix up.  But yes, he's super hard to pull.  I stopped at 35 boxes. One Glasnow and that was it.   
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Bark at the moon!!! Third box...

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    If he doesn’t fit your team as a SS don’t get him. I don’t see what the issue is. I have a bigger problem when they release a player at one position and then change him. In this case they released him there and is staying there, if that doesn’t work for you you don’t need to get him. 

Retarded justification for another error 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I need a 3b, which Justin Turner rightfully should be. However, Glu decides to make him a SS because he "is so BEAST" that "he has the whole left side covered".
    Wait 3 days there will be another 3B. Glu made him a shortstop. So don’t get him. Trying to force a change from SS to 3B would create a bigger problem for those who already got him. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Is that first pitch skill any good? Never had a player with it.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Always on for WOH. Never on for CVC. Only the first pitch for all other game modes. So it depends on what you personally value. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Elite skill for WOH
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    right now the best 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I can't quite make sense of this, but the cash box DJ LeMahieu from a few weeks ago has the lowest hit rating on my team (with double 1st pitch skills at 8/8) and somehow he has the highest batting average and OPS on my team.  It feels like this skill vastly outperforms what it should do (which is not much).  Does anyone have DJ and another player with two elite regular game mode skills (HH, BO, etc.) for comparison?  Based on my experience, I would expect today's Turner to be the best player in the game for every mode except for CvC.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I can't quite make sense of this, but the cash box DJ LeMahieu from a few weeks ago has the lowest hit rating on my team (with double 1st pitch skills at 8/8) and somehow he has the highest batting average and OPS on my team.  It feels like this skill vastly outperforms what it should do (which is not much).  Does anyone have DJ and another player with two elite regular game mode skills (HH, BO, etc.) for comparison?  Based on my experience, I would expect today's Turner to be the best player in the game for every mode except for CvC.
    I noticed this with Turner too. 1st pitch....a tad better than expected. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    FWIW, in 2019, my "double 1st pitch" Nick Ahmed did surprisingly well for me. I always got mad at myself for fouling off hittable first pitches to the opposite field. I do that a lot. I didn't realize the that skill stayed on beyond the first pitch in WOH.

I want to chase this Justin Turner so badly, but my ML is a SS and my best hitter is foil Alvarez, and he can only DH. I would have to sit my ML.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020

My biggest issue was how manipulated the pulls from this box were

Glasnow and Turner have identical odds.  It's "5% to pull a 5 star player."

However, I pulled Glasnow (7) times before pulling Turner

Further proof Glu is far from transparent with Box Odds

Yeah, no way they are equally likely to be pulled.

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    They were both equally escapable for me today. I was so pissed when my holder team pulled Turner from the free box.