Update is LIVE!

13Next

Comments

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited June 2020
    I would've been stoked on this update in early may. Now? I can't help but look at an update that's "been ready" for over a month - and came with bugs/features that don't even work. Bugs should always be expected, but it stings a bit extra when the project had EXTRA time to be combed over. 

The dev's seem to be fine in the idea department - not quite the execution department. 
    We have around 10 people that regularly participate in playtests using a range of devices new and old.  Some people are more meticulous than others.  We have people that playtest as if they're playing the game for real (this is how I test), and we have people that playtest trying to do all sorts of weird things to break it.

The advent of the pandemic has forced us to work from home, and most of our gameplay has been relegated to using our dev console over our usual collection of devices.  Throw in the fact that not everybody in our QA team has the same fast internet speed, and you have even more hardship.

Again, not making excuses, just providing some transparency to give players like you a greater understanding of how things work at our studio... or rather... at home.  I would love nothing else than to run a test server for veterans to do some of that heavy lifting for us, but that's not the way our company (and most others in the mobile landscape) handles it.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    There are some things we can't play around with until baseball comes back.  That's one of them.
    Wow, THAT'S interesting! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Maybe... boosted regular xp players like in 18 to keep us engaged until primes can be released 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Don't worry. 

Once Primes are ready I'm more than prepared for the onslaught of messages I'll see asking what these orange tokens are, why they cost so much, why people are getting so many orange tokens despite being unable to use them... and then I'll be prepared for the same thing to happen all over again with the gold ones. ;)

Alright time to cook dinner.  Maybe I'll use some balsamic vinegar...
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I would've been stoked on this update in early may. Now? I can't help but look at an update that's "been ready" for over a month - and came with bugs/features that don't even work. Bugs should always be expected, but it stings a bit extra when the project had EXTRA time to be combed over. 

The dev's seem to be fine in the idea department - not quite the execution department. 
    We have around 10 people that regularly participate in playtests using a range of devices new and old.  Some people are more meticulous than others.  We have people that playtest as if they're playing the game for real (this is how I test), and we have people that playtest trying to do all sorts of weird things to break it.

The advent of the pandemic has forced us to work from home, and most of our gameplay has been relegated to using our dev console over our usual collection of devices.  Throw in the fact that not everybody in our QA team has the same fast internet speed, and you have even more hardship.

Again, not making excuses, just providing some transparency to give players like you a greater understanding of how things work at our studio... or rather... at home.  I would love nothing else than to run a test server for veterans to do some of that heavy lifting for us, but that's not the way our company (and most others in the mobile landscape) handles it.
    Being an old vet who’s played forever I am very happy with the limited bugs in the recent updates.  I remember the old days when an update would come out and might shut the game down for a day or 2.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard

Understood. Feel free to send me a h2h next time you're testing something 🤪 I challenged one of your guys' test teams a few times last year and never got any sort of response 😭
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Maybe... boosted regular xp players like in 18 to keep us engaged until primes can be released 
    Oh, I love that idea.... Make it happen blue, make it happen. If those comeback I take back every scathing remark I have made and what...do I dare...maybe even open up my wallet again....
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    First 4 season games I played seemed more difficult in the update. Just an FYI, confused a bit because Tampa Bay has never been a threat but easily could have gone 1-3 instead of 3-1. Seemed like difficulty pumped up a bit. 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    There are some things we can't play around with until baseball comes back.  That's one of them.
    Honestly, I’m cool with just skipping straight to legends in the fall. Really sad there’s no baseball, but I can live with no primes. 
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Ok, now I’m curious. What dependency do primes have on actual baseball being played?  
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    In Slugfest, the First pitcher threw with his glove hand and also on the wrong side. It started on the left but moved over to the right and came out of the glove. Crazy animation. Also during Slugfest, the left field fans and popping in and out. It’s almost enough to give you a seizure.
    edited June 2020
    sullipa8 said:
    In Slugfest, the First pitcher threw with his glove hand and also on the wrong side. It started on the left but moved over to the right and came out of the glove. Crazy animation. Also during Slugfest, the left field fans and popping in and out. It’s almost enough to give you a seizure.
    Yeah, the light show fans aren't pleasant. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Did the HR Battle quitting bug get fixed? 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I do like that the game is running smooth on my device now, so that's a plus.  The ball doesn't skip across the screen as if I'm only getting three frames per second in WoH and playoff games.  Kinda nice!
    Just no.  
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    @blueleopard and the team tried to fix my issue with the HR Field Pass and I give them credit for being responsive. The leveling discount went live for me late in the day but the milestones are still a no go. I did get some good gifts from them. 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Love the update. Just not a fan of adding bonus players to TB. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    The delayed swing glitch appears to still not be fixed.  That’s really disappointing