Dinger Derby bugged

SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
Watched at least 10 of my attempts go straight down the middle of the yellow zone, but game says “missed”. Multiple club mates have seen the same thing. Might want to hold onto your tickets for now. Waiting on a CS response to my ticket.
Prev1

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Same.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Me, too.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah after I hit it once it no longer will register
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I looked at the prize and decided I wasn’t playing it this weekend. I’d rather wait until a weekday box instead of a 50/50 chance of the box I want 
    I didn’t even bother sending in a ticket they haven’t even compensated me for lost XP yet.,. So I figured already having an open ticket still waiting a day later... sending  them a message about Derby bug in an already opened a ticket about something else. Well...
    Yeah... I don’t have to explain. It’s a lost cause they can’t even fix my first issue 🙄
  • Hammernbr5Hammernbr5 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Missed being recorded on what should have been a jackpot prize!  What is going on???  I had at least 6 or 7 prizes for jackpot as well as other prizes.  Please fix and repay us the prizes!!
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I hit the target dead on twice and got nothing.  I hit just to the left of the yellow 3 times and got 3 jackpots.
  • DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    Same here. Slightly left of yellow gave jackpot, but right down the middle of yellow says “missed”. 
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    edited June 2020
    I heard back from CS. They said it’s working, but that it doesn’t matter if the ball passes over the zone - it’s where it lands. 

So if you hit a long home run that passes over the center of the zone, there’s a pretty Good chance that it curves out. Probably why you noticed one slightly to the left of the zone get counted. 

On the yellow zone, I think it should be set up so that the point at which it leaves the back of the zone is what matters. Many home runs, you’ll never see where they land. 
    RodFarva said:
    I heard back from CS. They said it’s working, but that it doesn’t matter if the ball passes over the zone - it’s where it lands. 

So if you hit a long home run that passes over the center of the zone, there’s a pretty Good chance that it curves out. Probably why you noticed one slightly to the left of the zone get counted. 

On the yellow zone, I think it should be set up so that the point at which it leaves the back of the zone is what matters. Many home runs, you’ll never see where they land. 
    Wow if that’s the case then dingers is garbage 🗑. I just played again and hit 5 right over the middle of target area but they go over the gold box. No way of controlling that 99% of home runs are deep anyway will never land in gold box. You are at the mercy of rng. Great concept... otherwise it’s trash 
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I haven't gotten the reward boxes since they rolled it out. Magically today I got the boxes for hitting in the same place I have been the entire time 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I haven’t even played yet. I kinda wanted to hear about the “issues” before I wasted anything. Thanks all for the feedback
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Haven't played dingers since the update came out. I noticed hitting the ball in the different zones doesn't yield a dang thing. Just only the jackpot zone. Oh and by the way....jackpot??? Are we playing virtual slots or baseball? Kind of odd that once you run out of tickets the only way to get more is to purchase with real world money and then roll that slot machine for that jackpot. One big difference though if you don't get the jackpot you still win differing amounts of chips. This seems like an all or nothing proposition. Yeah, awesome idea as always but dang it Glu you can never find a way to execute.
    Looks like I’ll just be accumulating tickets for now
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    The way I've been playing so far I'm just going to wait for a glitch where if you're nowhere near the yellow zone you hit the jackpot...
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    The way I've been playing so far I'm just going to wait for a glitch where if you're nowhere near the yellow zone you hit the jackpot...
    Same here!!! 😂 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Just happed to people in my club too. This is a joke.
    RodFarva said:

They said something similar to me. Said it was working despite the fact that many people in my club weren’t getting rewards. I’m starting to think that it is working as designed, which is to say that it was built to not give you the rewards you earn.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    I just got 2 “dingers”.  Game crashes after my last attempt.  And they dont give me the rewards upon restarting.... 
  • ROGERROCKETROGERROCKET Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    LOL yesterday was a bit rough for Dinger Derby. regrettably used all of my tickets only to have half of my jackpots read as missed. darn.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Have they fixed it yet, I don’t want to waste entries on it...they owe me like 10-15 boxes which I have no way of proving 
    edited June 2020
    Well that didnt last long... dingers top reward changed. 🙄
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Yeah, I’m just gonna keep stacking tickets unless there is a box I want as a jackpot reward. 
    I don’t know if anyone else experiences this but I get a glitch when the pitcher starts to release the ball. It happened all weekend and again today. It’s not every pitch as today it happened three pitches but it makes it nearly impossible because it throws your timing off. 
    I don’t know if anyone else experiences this but I get a glitch when the pitcher starts to release the ball. It happened all weekend and again today. It’s not every pitch as today it happened three pitches but it makes it nearly impossible because it throws your timing off. 
    Glad it’s not just me. Yes, usually the very first game in CvC, Clash, EB for me. I accidentally got a hit once. But I’m sure it’s our WiFi

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Derby only counts when you make contact with the ball. In this case, don’t swing at a glitched pitch...
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    What's the glitch do? Does it seem like the ball is invisible until it's almost at home plate?
    If so, I experience that one sometimes (don't remember which game modes). I'm never sure if it a glitch or if I happened to blink at exactly the wrong time.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Another glitch (in HR Battles) is the pitcher looks like a lefty then when he releases it, the ball comes from his right side. The first time it happened, I was laughing so hard I only hit like 4 out of 10 but I won, so it must have been happening to my opponent too.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    What's the glitch do? Does it seem like the ball is invisible until it's almost at home plate?
    If so, I experience that one sometimes (don't remember which game modes). I'm never sure if it a glitch or if I happened to blink at exactly the wrong time.
    No, it’s definitely a glitch for me. It happens on cvc, target  bash and daily dinger. The best way I can describe it is that as soon as the ball leaves the pitcher’s hand, it disappears and then leaves his hand again if that makes sense. Now this all happens in a split second but it’s enough to throw off your timing. This didn’t start happening until after the update. 
    I had the same thing happen in Slugfest. Thankfully I haven’t seen it in the daily dinger or Target bash. But there is definitely a bug in there with pitching where the ball comes out twice. For me, I noticed it started on one side, disappeared, then came out the other side of the pitcher with the glove. But the glove was on the first side. Like you, it’s hard to explain but there is a quick disappearing of the ball that throws off the timing.