Options

Crazy Target Bash Scores

Pellywelly23Pellywelly23 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
What has happened with the new update? These scores that players are putting up in target bash are insane.

Comments

• Options
    MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    What has happened with the new update? These scores that players are putting up in target bash are insane.
    This is the 1st time "Bonus Players" have been used.
  • Options
    Pellywelly23Pellywelly23 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    oh wow, not sure how I missed that. thanks
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Yeah, they completely ruined target bash with this new update. It’s no longer about the skill you have and all about the players you have. It was the one mode that required actual skill and they just killed it.
  • Options
    DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    Yeah, they completely ruined target bash with this new update. It’s no longer about the skill you have and all about the players you have. It was the one mode that required actual skill and they just killed it.
    Agree completely. They ruined the part of the game I enjoyed the most. And spending $14.99 doesn't even guarantee you the player...it guarantees you a 5% chance. I won't bother playing it anymore. If my club wants to play it, that's up to them. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I don't believe it was intended to be this way. Big scores are fun, but when you factor in the scoring caps...it's a hot mess. There's been a considerable amount of backlash at the new Bash bonus system and I'd be absolutely shocked if it doesn't get adjusted. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    I don't believe it was intended to be this way. Big scores are fun, but when you factor in the scoring caps...it's a hot mess. There's been a considerable amount of backlash at the new Bash bonus system and I'd be absolutely shocked if it doesn't get adjusted. 
    I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, anything for money, right? But this is a little crazy. You want to make me use resources to open 100 boxes to get somebody, that's one thing. You want me to pay $14.99 for a 5% chance at being able to compete? That's insane.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, anything for money, right? But this is a little crazy. You want to make me use resources to open 100 boxes to get somebody, that's one thing. You want me to pay $14.99 for a 5% chance at being able to compete? That's insane.
    I don't understand the $15 thing. Theres more than one bonus player for tb 👀
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Yup. They need to take BPs out. It ruins it. Have one event where there aren’t BPs in it. This is the one. 
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    What’s the scoring cap?
     Only one bonus player is from the $14.99 special, all the others are from multiple boxes.  
  • Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited June 2020
    A small bonus is one thing, but when these players are getting millions of points per HR it's basically impossible to compete without a bonus player.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm going to guess that's a reference to Shaw

xracman said:
    What’s the scoring cap?
     Only one bonus player is from the $14.99 special, all the others are from multiple boxes.  
    Scoring cap is a tad complicated where 'losing' is 'winning.' Community guys helped me relay the message and I'm hopeful that they'll adjust accordingly. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    They could chop a zero off and it would be better. I’d still go for no bonus points, but 50x instead of 500x would put more skill back into it. Most people can’t get to a 500 bonus in Target bash, so off the bat you are giving them insane points they could never earn, for a mode that is a guarantee hit. CVC, the is at least the chance you don’t get a hit. This one is not like that. The ball is going over the fence.
  • Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    Scoring cap is a tad complicated where 'losing' is 'winning.' 
    Can you elaborate a little more on this please? I'm curious about what this means.
  • Options
    A small bonus is one thing, but when these players are getting millions of points per HR it's basically impossible to compete without a bonus player.
    Good thing about bash is even b1 bonus players crush. You dont need to level them, just have them. Unfortunately for me - I'm completely booty hole in bash 🥴
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    ROGERROCKETROGERROCKET Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Target bash definitely seems bugged. thats through two rounds. And he never puts up numbers like these. Whats going on?
  • Options
    Target bash definitely seems bugged. thats through two rounds. And he never puts up numbers like these. Whats going on?
    Ask @TyroneEastwood what his high round is so far 😳
  • Options
    I was putting up 12-20M per target bash. I had other teams recruiting me. Why? Because I was manually playing it. There is some level of skill involved. The pitchers change speeds, you need to adjust to hit to all fields, etc. And players could do it with their normal lineup. But now they take the one, very limited module (what, twice a week?) and make it some ridiculous pay for play. Even if they said 14.99 to buy the player- that's insane. 14.99 for a 5% chance to get him? That's just ridiculous. If you don't get him, you spent $15 on a bunch of franchise coins. There isn't even a decent consulation prize if you don't get the player. 

I don't see a scenario where I go back to target bash if they keep it like this. They've pretty much ruined it. 
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited June 2020
    It does suck that people are autoplaying to these ridiculous totals, that's not right. 
    I manually played a round, no Shaw (Marte & Turner) over 324 million. Not sure where that ranks among the elite, but it was fun to see that total rising & rising. 
  • Options
    With less than a 1% chance of getting one....
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    xracman said:
    What’s the scoring cap?
    https://youtu.be/QZGDx2YmHGA 
  • Options
    459dagosteeler459dagosteeler Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Once again GLU has managed to ruin a good thing.  Target bash strictly relied on skill and they had to throw in the bonus players.  Complete BS. Don't have the want to play it anymore.  It once again caters to the players that spend boat loads of money for gold so that they can get a bonus player and jack up their scores. 
  • Options
    Once again GLU has managed to ruin a good thing.  Target bash strictly relied on skill and they had to throw in the bonus players.  Complete BS. Don't have the want to play it anymore.  It once again caters to the players that spend boat loads of money for gold so that they can get a bonus player and jack up their scores. 
    They got it right by putting it into the game to begin with. Gave everyone a decent shot (at least, as decent as your club is). Now? It's just punch buttons and hope for the best. 

Not interesting anymore.