Options

wow..

JSEBJSEB Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
glu did great on this compensation imo

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    It's hard to read the reason behind the 20K...what was that for? 
  • Options
    JSEBJSEB Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    It's hard to read the reason behind the 20K...what was that for? 
    Marte wasn't in the box as advertised, and im assuming I spent that much on boxes before they fixed it so they refunded!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    anyone who spent between the start and about 2.5hrs in got refunded what they spent.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Maybe Glu learned a lesson from the f'd up boxes from last year when they didn't compensate everyone they screwed over?🤔 Let's just see if this is sustainable or if it's a temporary fluke....
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

I wonder how many times we've been screwed over. How many specials have been bought chasing a guy under false pretenses 🤔 this weekend was cool how they stepped up with reimbursements, and I expect more soon, but let's not pretend they're being nice. They were caught with fraudulent boxes during a vip event - where the spenders spend. There's a different between doing something nice for your wife because your love her and doing something for your wife after she caught you sleeping with her friends. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Who and how did it was discovered that Marte wasn’t in the box ?
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Some of the top spenders figured it out, I guess they know someone at glu and they admitted it.
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

I wonder how many times we've been screwed over. How many specials have been bought chasing a guy under false pretenses 🤔 this weekend was cool how they stepped up with reimbursements, and I expect more soon, but let's not pretend they're being nice. They were caught with fraudulent boxes during a vip event - where the spenders spend. There's a different between doing something nice for your wife because your love her and doing something for your wife after she caught you sleeping with her friends. 
    The different odds for the 5 stars was pretty common knowledge I thought. I’m not defending it and it is completely misleading but it’s been that way forever. That’s why you always pull 1 potw 20x over the other despite it being “50%” odds. It’s not different. Odds are skewed towards the lower 5 stars rather than the good one. 

In regards to weekend compensation. Some got full reimbursement while other didn’t. I was shorted about 5-10k gold on what I actually spent and got some gold for the cash purchases I made but to me it didn’t offset it enough. I’m not going to get more so I don’t really know what else to do. 

I do find it funny how they keep saying marte was “difficult” to obtain not impossible since he wasn’t in the box. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Things spread fast in the community. Once they did their research, they came to the same conclusion and that's why all the gifts were sent. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
     DFBB said:
    Things spread fast in the community. Once they did their research, they came to the same conclusion and that's why all the gifts were sent. 
    Somehow I have a feeling it might be a GG user who couldn’t find the said player in the box while cheating, which makes all this ironic.
  • Options
     DFBB said:
    Somehow I have a feeling it might be a GG user who couldn’t find the said player in the box while cheating, which makes all this ironic.
    It really came down to the top clubs spending hundreds of thousands of gold, and thousands of dollars in cash and no one pulling marte or tapia. The. Magically about 2.5 hours after event started, people started to pull him. Common sense tells you if none of those guys pulled marte or tapia, they weren’t in the box. I mean I pulled clev 3x and I know others pulled him 10x without marte. That just doesn’t happen. 
  • Options
     DFBB said:
    It really came down to the top clubs spending hundreds of thousands of gold, and thousands of dollars in cash and no one pulling marte or tapia. The. Magically about 2.5 hours after event started, people started to pull him. Common sense tells you if none of those guys pulled marte or tapia, they weren’t in the box. I mean I pulled clev 3x and I know others pulled him 10x without marte. That just doesn’t happen. 
    Gotcha, makes all sense. 
  • Options
    Looks like I got muted when I tried to discuss about manipulating box odds over the years 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Based on my experience I don’t know that those guys were ever in the box all weekend. But there seems to be a consensus here that were able to get Marte eventually.
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

We have had dozens upon dozens of threads in the last year on this very same topic.  It took the top clubs and a VIP event throwing a tantrum to get GLU to admit the mistake.  That's simply awful.  They could have simply checked their WIFI and fixed this themselves rather than flood these poor CS agents during their weekend.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Yeah, idk. I pulled turner three times and the SP once.. I figured I just heard the misery more @jalapenocubbies making it seem like a fact when it's just the loud angry ones 🤷🏻‍♂️ common knowledge frickery is frickery nonetheless. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @jalapenocubbies @retirepujols

here is an example of what I was talking about with these special boxes.  Both 5 stars, but odds of landing each clearly stated.  We’ve seen both this year.

had I see something like this, it would have completely changed my approach to chasing.

• Options
    Yeah, idk. I pulled turner three times and the SP once.. I figured I just heard the misery more @jalapenocubbies making it seem like a fact when it's just the loud angry ones 🤷🏻‍♂️ common knowledge frickery is frickery nonetheless. 
    I’m not disagreeing with you, I’ve suggested numerous times to Glu to post actual odds, and no hiding them behind chances at “5 star” when we know the 330 and 335 odds are higher than the 345 ones. It’s extremely misleading. I think amongst players who have played for years it was known, but I often forget about the New players. 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Wow....shocker... you mean the odds to pull each 5star is not the same??? 🤯