Growing A Sack: Potential Plat Bump Assistance Needed

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
Ok I may try to do this this weekend. Sitting on 180K gold with about 300K XP.
I am thinking about using the boxes today to get repulls/Xp. Already spent 10K and got Freeman and a few other guys. Bumped them all to silver range for repulls.

Plan is to join a club this weekend that has the .3 and buy a FP on top of it.

With that, should I only max out a few bats? Should I cap keepers? Also, how many pitchers.

Lastly, how much XP would you recommend I build up before I make this move? TY

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2020
    If you do keepers, do them during the week if you buy fieldpass for 30% rather than the weekend 20%. If you dont buy field pass and are only looking to buy it once, then obviously a 20% discount is better than none.

I love moving tiers during a royale weekend. You get the 50% discount, can cycle cap a woh guy and tournament box guy! Even if they aren't the best, they'll essentially be free p10 bats!

Edit: plus you earn the gold from moving through platinum for playing bgs/tournaments while earning club points for it. 👍
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    That’s my plan, @retirepujols. I don’t think I’m cut out for diamond, but I’ll try Plat. Going to see if a .3 club will let me in this weekend with a FP on top.

Big question: how much should I spent in gold today getting XP, and what should be my target?

Once I do this, how hard is it to get resources for Primes and Legends?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited June 2020
    how hard is it to get resources for Primes and Legends?
    This is when platinum could very well go back to "no man's land" and guys like me will hit a wall in diamond (at least for a while). Bxp guys are so much easier to level, making the game fun for the most part. Once it's all about primes and legends it's just a job and I'll quit 13 times because of it. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’d wait till the weekend, there’s usually multiple good players in the box, you’ll probably get lucky and pull a foil buying a ton of boxes..if your gonna focus on pulling for xp, the boxes are cheaper and you can do allot of leveling with the 50% and get the players levels up higher for repulls...I usually concentrate on the 500gold box...then if I still need xp on Sunday buy the 24 boxes for $20 special.
    @retirepujols: what do you mean by no mans land? I should just stay gold? Lol

Last year it was seen as no man's land (just a buffer between gold and diamond), and this year it's seen as the new gold. All I'm saying is if/when primes and/or legends come along it could be seen as just a buffer again as it's a bit more expensive than gold (extremely cheap compared to diamond) without the ability to cycle for gold like in diamond. Everything's easier with bxp guys as bxp is easier to acquire, they require way less xp to level than their prime/legend counterparts, they get more for repulls and trade in, etc. Primes and legends are way harder - so the current state of platinum may be a mirage.

You might love it, though. Only one way to find out 🙃
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    Last year it was seen as no man's land (just a buffer between gold and diamond), and this year it's seen as the new gold. All I'm saying is if/when primes and/or legends come along it could be seen as just a buffer again as it's a bit more expensive than gold (extremely cheap compared to diamond) without the ability to cycle for gold like in diamond. Everything's easier with bxp guys as bxp is easier to acquire, they require way less xp to level than their prime/legend counterparts, they get more for repulls and trade in, etc. Primes and legends are way harder - so the current state of platinum may be a mirage.

You might love it, though. Only one way to find out 🙃

This year if you stay Gold you won't be able to cycle HoF 10+ times each monday like last year to stockpile PXP/LXP when we get primes/legends as the tower reward. I may be wrong but this leads me to believe that the gap in pxp/lxp you'll have to get from boxes/specials to cap a prime/legend at P10 vs G10 will be lessened quite a bit this year.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Anyone have a rough estimate on how many wins it takes to get all the way through platinum, to the P6 playoffs?
    1994EXPOS said:

This year if you stay Gold you won't be able to cycle HoF 10+ times each monday like last year to stockpile PXP/LXP when we get primes/legends as the tower reward. I may be wrong but this leads me to believe that the gap in pxp/lxp you'll have to get from boxes/specials to cap a prime/legend at P10 vs G10 will be lessened quite a bit this year.
    Perhaps. It seemed to get easier as the year went on for gold guys, this year could be the same. I have no idea 🤷‍♂️ I just know it'll become more difficult to level guys 🤤
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Anyone have a rough estimate on how many wins it takes to get all the way through platinum, to the P6 playoffs?
    1500? I'm at P4 and its 225. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    It should be 1300 games.
    Imo, the #1 reason why a weekend royale is ideal for a jump is because of the stat boost accolade. It is amazing! It will boost all your ratings from 10-20%, depending on how the club did on the previous Monday and can be used by anyone that plays in the club. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    I might be compelled to go platinum soon.
    My record is today's BG event is 64 wins 97 losses. 
    Overall record 6060-1689.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    What would happen if I went plat (by winning that last playoff series), but then I didn't level anybody?
    Would my BG, season mode, CVC etc matchups get harder?
    Would WOH get harder?
    Or would things only get harder once I increased my TS?
    I wouldn't do that but I just want to understand what changes at the point I move up.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    What would happen if I went plat (by winning that last playoff series), but then I didn't level anybody?
    Would my BG, season mode, CVC etc matchups get harder?
    Would WOH get harder?
    Or would things only get harder once I increased my TS?
    I wouldn't do that but I just want to understand what changes at the point I move up.

You would be facing Platinum pitchers in WOH and Season mode. CVC scores would drop drastically not only because you wouldn’t have Platinum batters, but also because of your upgrades and pennants. If you don’t have enough resources to at least cap a couple of guys and work on those other areas, you won’t compete right away.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Went platinum today, capped my entire lineup using fieldpass discount - crushed the world series in season mode in both games by 25 runs. Still need to do all the coaching upgrades though. Only downside is leveling up new players moving forward, not sure there is enough rewards from events to really cover it (hopefully will continue to be able to be F2P and the 60k in gold will carry me through to next double gold and provide enough in repulls).
    @drsmartassphd how much xp u sitting on rn
    390K now. I changed my mind with the PxP resource squeeze.

You would be facing Platinum pitchers in WOH and Season mode. CVC scores would drop drastically not only because you wouldn’t have Platinum batters, but also because of your upgrades and pennants. If you don’t have enough resources to at least cap a couple of guys and work on those other areas, you won’t compete right away.
    That answers a few things I've wondered about for a long time. Thanks.
    Last year, I only discovered the app in August and, not knowing any better, I was diamond before I ever tried WOH, clubs, season mode, etc. I just played MATCH ME games and then BGs for the first several weeks. So I didn't get to experience the game in the "normal" way. Thanks again.