Experience points and the best strategy for leveling up

bdogfootball7bdogfootball7 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
I play the game every day and hard most days. I'm just curious on the best way to get experience points...I mean when u keep getting new players every day that you have to put in your roster to get points and keep having to trade in a player to only get about half of what u have put into him. I'm wondering how people are getting the new players and maxing them out instantly and there abilities as well. I'm struggling to do this on a weekly basis even with purchasing the field pass every weekend.

Comments

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited June 2020
    repulling players from boxes (make sure they are leveled up after the first time you pull each player), but also they are probably spending money
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I take each box player to Silver 1 if I am buying lots of boxes (for me at least). I’m sure some probably do gold 1 for all those players if they are buying lots of boxes, but I just stick with S1. Takes only 800 XP and the repull values get much better for those 4.5 and 5-star players. 
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    If you are short on experience points (XP) I would suggest to only level players that will improve your lineup. It can be tempting to want to level every bonus player you pull from a box, but I would recommend saving your XP by not leveling bonus players who a) are not an upgrade to your lineup and b) you don't plan to use after the bonus event is over.
    What tier are you currently in (bronze, silver, etc) and what is your team strength?
    edited June 2020
    I also have 74 players locked on my inactives. All 74 of those are 3.5 star players. I level them to B10, then repulls start at around 950 when you get them. Playing a lot of WOH and BGs will get you a ton of 2nd round picks, which gets me those repulls. 

Edit:  it’s just so beautiful to get from 2nd round picks. 

• sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    .how and when do we get a 50% discount the most a seen is 30%
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    20% weekend field pass + 30% club discount
    sorry for dumb question i m still new and how do we get a 30%club discount 
  • Evanbgas2Evanbgas2 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    By getting 1st in the week club events you get leveling discounts and more to help your club. If you look under rank rewards it will tell you
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Win the club event on Thursday.  You get the 30% discount to use in weekend box players.
    Tdub71 said:
    Win the club event on Thursday.  You get the 30% discount to use in weekend box players.
    gotcha thank you 
    Tdub71 said:
    Yeah if you win other club events during the week you get more stuff to help your club for the weekend
    ok last question im the club leader if i leave my club would i be able to return back 
    You have to make someone else leader. You do that by promoting someone until it says do you want to swap leadership. After that you can leave
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    You better trust the person you hand the club to 😳
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    You better trust the person you hand the club to 😳
    why?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Because they have to send you an invite for u to get back in the club
    Because they have to send you an invite for u to get back in the club
    And you might not get that leadership back 
    I also have 74 players locked on my inactives. All 74 of those are 3.5 star players. I level them to B10, then repulls start at around 950 when you get them. Playing a lot of WOH and BGs will get you a ton of 2nd round picks, which gets me those repulls.

I really like this idea, thanks for sharing.  I'm going to start doing this and I'm wondering if I should include 3 stars as well since the odds of pulling them is higher and I currently have more of them in my inactives.  Do you think I should just wait and build up enough 3.5 stars or maybe include some of the lower stared players as well?

I really like this idea, thanks for sharing.  I'm going to start doing this and I'm wondering if I should include 3 stars as well since the odds of pulling them is higher and I currently have more of them in my inactives.  Do you think I should just wait and build up enough 3.5 stars or maybe include some of the lower stared players as well?
    3-star players have a much lower repull value. Not worth it to me. 
    so its safe to say 3.5 and 4 star keep at least 60?
    I stuck with 3.5 stars. You can do 4-stars as well, but I find I pull a lot more 3.5 stars so I didn’t do 4-stars. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I specifically keep 3.5 star pitchers - there are 51 of them.  Keeping batters is just annoying because they cog up your roster and I toggle batters in and out all the time.  At one point I was XP rich and decided to take them all to S10, so now I get 1,700+ XP with every repull.  By cycling D6 the second round picks stack up, so I figure this strategy is earning me roughly an extra 50K XP per week.  I'm also a miser with my 1st round picks and only open them when I know I have a video repull available.  If they aren't a 3.5 star or better, I repull.   
  • sweetness1133sweetness1133 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Sandlot I have followed your strategy of locking in 3.5 star pitchers and it has been brilliant. My question is I have also been holding on to a good amount of Bonus Players from events. I keep hoping they will reuse them but the only one I have seen that happen to is with Voit State of Mind a few weeks back and Trout. Do you hang on to Bonus players or toss most of them back after the event is over and chance for repull is gone?
    Sandlot I have followed your strategy of locking in 3.5 star pitchers and it has been brilliant. My question is I have also been holding on to a good amount of Bonus Players from events. I keep hoping they will reuse them but the only one I have seen that happen to is with Voit State of Mind a few weeks back and Trout. Do you hang on to Bonus players or toss most of them back after the event is over and chance for repull is gone?
    i also follow his strategy and is great...well i been trade them after the event is over i hope is not a mistake lol
    I personally toss after the box is gone and I know I’m not getting anymore soon 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    My preference is to trade in bonus players as soon as an event is over.  Last year there seemed to be about a two month lag before a box re-appeared with a discounted price and elevated pull %s, but the players are so far behind the curve at that point that even if you pull the top guy from the box, he won't be of any use to you aside from scoring a few points.  If I were to keep anyone, it would only be the top dog from each box, otherwise I'd recommend liquidating them for XP.    
    This as been a really helpful thread, thanks for all of the great advice!
  • sweetness1133sweetness1133 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    AirAssault, I agree. I appreciate the insight from everyone!
    Crap, we were helpful on the 2020 forums?