Slugfest 6/11

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
edited June 2020 in General TSB Discussion
This isn’t bad at all as long as the difficulty level isn’t too high.
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    horrible
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited June 2020
    this is assuming the difficulty isn't jacked as fk
    Based on the prizes, I expect it to be a little tougher than Royale SF. The Casty foil isn't exactly a game changer, but he's helpful so I'll definitely try to chase him down.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Based on the prizes, I expect it to be a little tougher than Royale SF. The Casty foil isn't exactly a game changer, but he's helpful so I'll definitely try to chase him down.
    Well, consider most of us screwed then. IMO the Royale Slugfest is much more difficult than Monday’s Top WOH tower, so they shouldn’t feel the need to increase the difficulty. The prize is better than the Royale prize but the same as Monday’s WOH prize. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes today, but since I have Senzel and Dietrich, I may be slow playing for points just in case I can’t get through it.
    edited June 2020
    More was added. Why another Suarez when he’s in the regular bonus box? The extra XP is nice, but it looks like @DFBB was right about the difficulty going to be higher.
    DFBB said:
    Well, consider most of us screwed then. IMO the Royale Slugfest is much more difficult than Monday’s Top WOH tower, so they shouldn’t feel the need to increase the difficulty. The prize is better than the Royale prize but the same as Monday’s WOH prize. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes today, but since I have Senzel and Dietrich, I may be slow playing for points just in case I can’t get through it.
    Yeah, I think their attempt at balance is definitely a work in progress. As is, royale SF is cake in bronze/silver, reasonable in gold, and difficult in diamond. We'll see how today plays out, but I'm optimistic. Shocking, I know. LOL
    Here's hoping there isn't a kraken 2 in the 'specials.'
    today is 6/11
    My 12 year old lied to me. She’s grounded for making me look like a fool.
    I don’t think this will be reasonable for most people, especially at diamond. I had to use 3 gold restarts. He happened to miss this round. The other three times, he was over 7k. 

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    🤬 this
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited June 2020
    If the foil was the prize, I'd be okay with the difficulty. However, 10% isn't worth the effort. 
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If the foil was the prize, I'd be okay with the difficulty. However, 10% isn't worth the effort. 
    I honestly feel like the true prize today doesn’t come from derby at all, it’s the .30. I haven’t played yet, and will probably just slow play for points later when i have time. 

Thanks Glu for bringing back my day off!
    How can they justify having to go against someone with power 100 points higher than anyone they have released thus far. It’s just ridiculous.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    The first 4 levels were perfectly reasonable. 

Level 5 is so jacked up it isn't even worth trying. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Nope.  I have Senzel and 3 bonus active sets.  Senzel is putting up 6 million a whack.  Just gonna super slow play just him and hope for 4th.  I'm sure people are cycling it, but I am not in that 1%.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I honestly feel like the true prize today doesn’t come from derby at all, it’s the .30. I haven’t played yet, and will probably just slow play for points later when i have time. 

Thanks Glu for bringing back my day off!
    Come help me and you can use my club this weekend for the discount.
  • BuckFutterBuckFutter Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    🤬 this
    Yep, I’m out.  Glu is made up of a bunch of sadists, I’m convinced. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited June 2020
    this was 5-3. I hit every ball square out in the power alley. Should I beat my head into a wall trying to pass this? Pay 100 gold every single round for a boost every time that may or may not even be enough difference to pass a single round?

Or call it a day and spend the rest of it farming videos?

Easy choice, GLU. Do better than this. 
    FWIW, these are my sluggers and I had to 100g boost at 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, and 5.10.....I felt like I was lucky. Smh! 

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Lol. Expect Royale to suck this weekend too. Remember, the ethical folks at GLU have to screw us (again) for their screwup last weekend that cost them lots of money on refunds. This happened last year at least three times that I can recall.

Farm gold and wait for them to recoup.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    DFBB said:
    FWIW, these are my sluggers and I had to 100g boost at 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, and 5.10.....I felt like I was lucky. Smh! 

that team literally has the best sluggers in the game capped at diamond...the fact that you needed to spend gold to beat it is ridiculous 
    It's not even having to spend gold. That is reasonable at 5.10. But the fact that the best sluggers in the game, capped at D10+ max gold boost + perfect rounds, still had a 0% chance to win in 4 of the 5 matchups is unfathomable.
  • BuckFutterBuckFutter Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Did they tone things down here or did I hit the RNG jackpot?  I used one 100 gold boost only on 5.10 and no restarts at all. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Man its a shame that they just cant seem to get slugfest right in terms of making it popular and where difficulty/matches reward.    
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I think the biggest problem is the inverse relationship between better team = harder to impossible to compete. In every other game mode, higher tiers do better. In slugfest, once you move past bronze, it becomes harder and harder. 
    I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. 

Multiple towers needed for slugfest 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Is there a chart?
    Is there a chart?
    Yes. It’s up your @$$ and to the left 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Had to 100gold boost the last 5 and 50g the 2 before....got regular cast...one and done
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    cb11 said:
    I think the biggest problem is the inverse relationship between better team = harder to impossible to compete. In every other game mode, higher tiers do better. In slugfest, once you move past bronze, it becomes harder and harder. 
    This so much.

Unless you are fully capped at Diamond, with gold to spend. You're not beating this.

I can cycle WOH with 1 batter at D10 without spending gold. Not a ton of times. but 4/6 times on monday.
    Slugfest with the same lineup and I cannot get past 5.4 without spending gold. Slugfest is so tilted at the higher tiers its crazy unfair.

It needs to be at least remotely possible to beat this without spending a ton of gold or being capped.
    I want to see 1 single diamond tier player beat this (even fully capped), and I'll be generous, by only buying a gold boost for the final two players.
    If this is not possible, Slugfest is unfairly tilted and completely broken.

It NEEDS to be possible without spending thousands in gold.
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    There is a level of skill in WOH. Having righty v lefty matchups etc. You CAN beat it without spending gold.

Slugfest is straight up "If you want to beat this, you're spending gold." 
    It is literally IMPOSSIBLE without it. Which is incredibly rigged.

Side note....Live Boost doesn't do anything for slugfest either. Not sure if that's they way it's always been. But that needs to be addressed.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Reused him for the last 3 mainly because I didnt have the depth to get past 5.4/5.5 without using better guys.   Got the 330 and bxp so definately not worth it.   Gotta hope for Senzel in cvc so i can slow play later.  Otherwise Bgs/tourneys the rest of the day.