Slugfest 6/11

2Next

Comments

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    and glu wonders why everyone hates slugfest... 

open your f.ucking eyes glu
    That won’t happen, they’re all f_ucking idiots!!!
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Accidentally beat this 4.7 with B1 Galvis 🤣🤣🤣. When I am trying to lose I win 🤷🏻‍♂️.  Just wasn't paying attention and it cost me 6 million club points.  Stupid.
  • bigdaddy416bigdaddy416 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Do the devs even play their own game, or have a team test to see how reasonable it is before releasing an event?
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    and glu wonders why everyone hates slugfest... 

open your f.ucking eyes glu
    That won’t happen, they’re all f_ucking idiots!!!
    Slugfest can go back on the shelve.  Nice try Glu, but really. Just another day more customers do not play. Or Pay.. The rewards are not worth it.. Thanks for Thursdays off!!
  • BuckFutterBuckFutter Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    I just cycled for a second time and only used a 50 gold boost on 5.10, no restarts.  It appears at gold this is beatable, but you do have to be nearly perfect throughout level 5. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Is there a chart?
    Yes. It’s up your @$$ and to the left 
    This guy gets it.

https://youtu.be/gXAlELbvRjg
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Just cleared in gold without any gold. It's doable but way too difficult. Along the way, Glu decided to say "f.uck you" on the higher rounds and have the bot put up 6100+ points, and even 6200 a few times. 

The literal definition of "reward is not worth the effort." 
    This is a good example of what @cb11 mentioned. Cycling without gold simply isn't going to happen at diamond. I guess you can argue that's not such a bad thing, but that's a different topic altogether. Bottom line, today's event isn't about cycling SF; it's about your willingness to chase sets. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Just got to say thanks to GLU!  Useless events like this is why I haven’t bought a box in 3 weeks and my screen time went from 6+ hours to under 2.

CHEERS GLU! 🍻
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Better derby idea

scrap the towers. Just battles. 

Cash battles- 5,000 points for a win
    gold battles- 10,000 points for a win
    bonus players like they are today 

Glu wins on every battle and the tower sucks. Forget the difficulty. The end of level rewards are bad, you only get 100 cash and 25 gloves per win, and the tower honestly feels like a drag. At least on WOH I can get resources if I’m stuck. Manually play and can get 2,000 cash, pick, or BG. But 100 cash and 25 gloves isn’t worth repeatedly climbing to a spot where I am stuck and trying again 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Better derby idea

scrap the towers. Just battles. 

Cash battles- 5,000 points for a win
    gold battles- 10,000 points for a win
    bonus players like they are today 

Glu wins on every battle and the tower sucks. Forget the difficulty. The end of level rewards are bad, you only get 100 cash and 25 gloves per win, and the tower honestly feels like a drag. At least on WOH I can get resources if I’m stuck. Manually play and can get 2,000 cash, pick, or BG. But 100 cash and 25 gloves isn’t worth repeatedly climbing to a spot where I am stuck and trying again 
    This would be great! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    "But 100 cash and 25 gloves isn’t worth repeatedly climbing to a spot where I am stuck and trying again "

Yeah, at that point we might be better off playing HR Battles outside of the event.
    They should at least give us 50 gloves per successful round imo.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Is there a specifice area I should be aiming for or is it just simply about power..see if you can refrain from the innuendo...my club mates couldn't 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Is there a specifice area I should be aiming for or is it just simply about power..see if you can refrain from the innuendo...my club mates couldn't 
    Yeah it's the "Power Alley", think like 10 and 2 on a clock.  That's where you'll get the most power/distance.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    DFBB said:
    This would be great! 
    I can see it now - a brand new forum account is made just for some poor soul to complain about constantly being matched against some DFBB guy that scores 7k each round 🤣
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Accidentally beat this 4.7 with B1 Galvis 🤣🤣🤣. When I am trying to lose I win 🤷🏻‍♂️.  Just wasn't paying attention and it cost me 6 million club points.  Stupid.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I stopped playing when I scored 6261 in gold and lost by 35 feet.  Low on gold and not worth the frustration.
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Yeah it's the "Power Alley", think like 10 and 2 on a clock.  That's where you'll get the most power/distance.
    pulling it down the seems to always go above 600+ a lot more consistently than hitting RC and LC 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    anyone else beat my custom on their way to cycling sf yesterday? heard i made it into the game
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Oglethorpe was your custom? He was in Level 4 & 5. Think he missed each time I faced him in 5, needed that little help. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Oglethorpe was your custom? He was in Level 4 & 5. Think he missed each time I faced him in 5, needed that little help. 
    nope, that is Moose. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    That's @GordonBombay aka moose 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71