Royale 6/12-6/14

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
Finally getting 340 Max guys. Don’t love the skills combination, but it’ll get better over time.

Comments

• RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    The lesser tourney box player is also 5*!
    That'll be really nice for any diamond team that's opening a bunch of tourney boxes this weekend.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Does anyone have anything good to say about Goodwin’s bases empty skill? I guess he would have both skills active at the beginning of each WOH extra inning. LOL. It’s a shame. He would be a starter for me, but I might be better off to stick with my 320 max Bellinger and hold out for something better. 
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Does anyone have anything good to say about Goodwin’s bases empty skill? I guess he would have both skills active at the beginning of each WOH extra inning. LOL. It’s a shame. He would be a starter for me, but I might be better off to stick with my 320 max Bellinger and hold out for something better. 
    It's actually bases loaded, not bases empty, which is even worse. 

Still a great improvement for a WOH reward but yeah the bases loaded skill is one of the worst in the game. I wouldn't invest in it at all beyond maybe the cash upgrade to it. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I wonder if Keepers are getting a bump today.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Yep.  Agree.  One of the worst skills right now.  Only really useful in the early rounds of WOH.  Even bases empty would be better, imo...
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    More importantly, I hope the difficulty is returned to normal. Even if the player gets discarded after, the XP is what is most valuable. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    This was just in the store then they took it down.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    if anyone has beaten WoH - are 12/12 skills required, or is it still doable at 8/8?
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    edited June 2020
    It’s the same pitchers as last weekend (or I should say 6.10, the one that counts, is still the same)
    edited June 2020
    5.9 is a righty
    Melancon
    haven’t played level 6 yet. 
    6.8 is a now a lefty Corbin, but Freddie no-skills whipped him in 10 innings. 
    edited June 2020
    6.9 is different too
    now rightly Luis Castillo

6.10 is still righty Glasnow

My G10 8/8 Foil Alvarez beat Glasnow easily (knock on wood)

Just like last royale I had trouble on level 3 then ended up beating 6.10. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I 80g boosted Alvarez. 
    edited June 2020
    It's actually bases loaded, not bases empty, which is even worse. 
    Yeah, this is deal breaker for me. I’ll just level him to B10 and try to win him again at least once, then throw him out on Monday. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’ve mentioned this before and while I was a fan of the pity timer this is the part that sucks. Here is the confirmation that the odds just don’t change at all for the top players in the box. Glad they fixed it, but to see no changes in the top prizes it’s pretty ridiculous. So we get a 5-star player more likely than not no one will level anymore. 

Now 6.6 is a righty (Stripling).
    Has it been that way all day?
    edited June 2020
    My G10 8/8 80g boost Foil Alvarez is 3 for 3 at 6.10, but I have failed about 25 times at various other levels and rounds. 

I leveled Goodwin to S5 right before the second win and S10 right before the third win. Now I’ve committed myself to winning him a few more times this weekend. 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts

Base loaded skill should be banned. 🤦🏻‍♂️ That is all. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I cleared my first time through last night, but will likely not try again this weekend unless I'm done farming gold.  Double gold is more valuable than this reward, simply due to the bases loaded skill.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Nope. No plat for me. Seeing what they are doing with PXP now and I'm not taking that dive. I'll just stay gold. I didn't play much this week and likely won't play any more this weekend.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    how many cycles... holy crap
    12 cycles at that point. I’m probably around 20 now. 
    I have a few unopened Cali Kings and East Coast Bias boxes. I’ve already pulled Dickerson, and I want to level him tomorrow after buying field pass (if I don’t change my mind). 

I can wait, right? There’s nothing bad that will happen from not opening them during the event, right?  Thanks. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I cleared my first time through last night, but will likely not try again this weekend unless I'm done farming gold.  Double gold is more valuable than this reward, simply due to the bases loaded skill.
    if youre still thinking about platinum you should try to cycle like a maniac to build xp
    You are exactly right, but some people don’t see the big picture. They only look at the one thing and don’t realize the other value they could be gaining. Plus I guess it’s more fun for some to say they are being cheated instead putting in the work to improve. I would add to your advice even if you are not going to Platinum you should cycle to get resources. We all always need the cash and bxp. And then eventually, you have a team that can win when they start giving out PXP and LXP. And you can repeat the same process to get the resources you need. Unfortunately your advice and my advice and the advice of many others just falls on deaf ears.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I just went platinum over the weekend, don’t do it the way I did (no exp).  However even from the big hole I started out in, I’ve capped two guys and have two more in high plat and have won WoH 5 times today (didn’t start WoH till late last night when I had Dickerson capped).  The difference between gold and plat is enormous (Dickerson and Freeman are blasting 6.9-6.10 with only one loss between them in 5 trips.)  I’ll stop for a while tonight to take advantage of the last bit of double gold but will try to get Rendon capped too so I have a capped closer from both sides.  

What really slowed me down was around midway through Plat 2 the diamond 10 pitchers showed up causing massive losses (I went from winning 75% ish of my games to around 35-40% so the 1,000 BGs I thought would easily put me at P6 ran all the way down to 4 games).  Yes it will take a lot more to cap primes but I don’t really want these primes anyway as they’ll tail off fast I can squirrel away enough to set up cycle cap opportunities down the road.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited June 2020
    @uwjnhaduihduiowa I did it last weekend with about that much. If you have the right bats and use WOH to gain resources, you can take 5 non keeper bats to P10. I took 4 and a pitcher. I had 3 lefties and 1 righty mostly with good skills. 1 player was guaranteed always on. The others would have 1 on and the 1 that was usually active to start the round. Things like runners on and scoring position. So unless I hit a bomb that didn’t win the round, they were almost always active. This weekend, I cycle capped Goodwin so I have another. I didn’t level his skills past 4 though since he will at best be at best a middle round WOH guy. I then got enough BXP to level my keeper Cruz to P10. So now I have 6 bats and 2 pitchers (1 starter and 1 reliever) at P10. 

The bottom line is you are going to be waiting at Gold or going to Platinum and waiting there to earn more BXP. My preference was to do it at Platinum. Hopefully in a couple of weeks time, I’ll have 10 bats and both keepers at P10.