Saved by the Belli WOH 6/15

2Next

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Welp, GLU is back to rigging this beyond belief again. Can’t cycle again bc of the stupid cheating. As soon as I get the tying run on second, Gray will just curve me out. Nobody out yet? Welp, nine and out.

After the video reboot, almost the same pattern. One cheat out mixed in. Got the game to 6-5, man on second, one out....
    Then six straight in the other batters box. 

Frick you, GLU. You suck in the worst way. Keeping sucking the life out of the game by rigging it.

I only cycled twice this weekend and likely won’t try again today for this garbage prize with garbage cheating. I have no desire to go plat with the resource squeeze now either. Good part is I’m playing less and less! Yay!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

And again. Same. Exact. Patterns. 
    This time each round started with the auto out, then did whatever it had to do as soon as it was 6-5, man on second. It’s laughable at this point. I don’t want the XP or foil this bad. Good luck everyone 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Its pretty bad today, even in diamond. Hitting upgrades capped at 100, with the best players available (aside from primes) with boosts and getting curved out. Not sure what else you can do but laugh at this point. And not once or twice, its curve outs all day with "level 1 pitchers". Nope, they tweaked the settings.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I got real lucky with RPGs. Beat it first attempt. Used video on 5-8 but had no problem with Chapman or Gray. Won't press my luck and try again as reward isn't worth the effort.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I’m just here to see that doc had unexpected free time so he gave it another shot 😂
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Its pretty bad today, even in diamond. Hitting upgrades capped at 100, with the best players available (aside from primes) with boosts and getting curved out. Not sure what else you can do but laugh at this point. And not once or twice, its curve outs all day with "level 1 pitchers". Nope, they tweaked the settings.
    Damn thought it was just me, rewards left me unmotivated but was gonna work on my keepers... pulled the foil 2nd cycle and was disgusted, took a break saw that Pujols finally retired...lucky bastard! Then I got stuck on 4-10 and level 5 is being a cold hearted B! I know theirs a whopping 250pxp and a player that doesn’t make my team but come on...this is ridiculous.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited June 2020
    if if this so called “development team” keeps their jobs, I would short the stock, buy puts, and make a killing. But then again, their other crap games bring more of a profit point
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Truly ridiculous.... do they not want people to play the game??? 🤔
     Answer: I think all they care about is people buying boxes and specials.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I finally got My Legend to diamond 10...doubt he will be much help in WOH today.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve been able to clear it 3 times, though I’m having to reuse Rendon for 5.8-5.9 due to the fact my next best righty is a P1 Grandal and that won’t work against P1 pitchers.  Should be pounding it hard for exp but the difficulty kinda makes me not want to play all that much (I did the 3 for the club challenge).
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Yeah, I beat it once at plat, but had no desire to try again. Did some casual work on the pro tower but even that has been less than 50% success with video boost. Never been like that before with the "same" pitcher on pro and much stronger hitters. 
  • 10feettall10feettall Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    They really know how to suck the joy out of this game little by little. What a crappy event. WOH has always been my favorite, until today. Literally considering deleting from mu phone and just playing ‘19.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I cycled twice at gold. 5.10 was no problem but Chapman cost me about 1500 gold today, 4.10 was a bear, and the general difficulty increase made me toy with the idea of deleting the app. WOH has been my favorite mode for years and they are really killing it now. The costs of auto plays, the replay costs, the difficulty increases, the increasingly poor reward players, the pathetic amount of PXP they offer in the tower...it all adds up to a very blah event. 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    They ruined WoH when they went away from the bonus players box as the reward. It was exciting to see who you'd get out of several players. It was the big thing to see who was in the box, and the players in the box would always improve your team. 

Now you waste gold trying to acquire a player that is already irrelevant 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

They ruined WoH when they went away from the bonus players box as the reward. It was exciting to see who you'd get out of several players. It was the big thing to see who was in the box, and the players in the box would always improve your team. 

This to an extent.   I dont really understand why people think WOH just recently changed.   Its been this way since the beginning of 19 with a player that isnt going to make most teams.   WOH is a tool to gain resources or just another event that requires bonus players to be able to win where you can just slow play for points.   With cash the way it is on sims, the difficulty ramped up and couple of box players who I had no interest in, the decision was easy for me as a diamond team.  Especially since I was playing solo yesterday.   Got in a couple D6 cycles, which never happens on mondays and it was nice.    But yeah I dont have much interest in woh until a prime is in there
    What are people's success rates against Chapman today?? I'm 3-20 while swapping out Keeper Bench and Foil Baez.. just about done with this shit.

The last two Mondays, my challenges have been on 5.10, and that's it. Getting to that point isn't a struggle for me at this time with my current team.  Yesterday I used keeper Brett on 5.7, My Legend on 5.8, Werewolf on 5.9, then Freeman on 5.10.  All are at 8/8 skills.

The "problem" with Chapman is there is no margin for error. Every round I faced him, the first at bat was ALWAYS a curve out. Never failed. So you have two outs to score five.  Another curve out always came after I got within a run, then I would clear. Once he did curve me out and we went to extras, but I took him out in three at bats: Cheat out, double, HR.

5.10 is just stupid. No way in heck is there a double "matchup advantage" when you are getting curved out like that. Just like Chapman, EVERY round (except for the one I won) started with a cheat out. It is infuriating to put that much time and effort into the game only to "lose" that way. Not to mention the blue cash they suck out of you. And the patterns are BEYOND predictable now, which makes it worse.

I’m just here to see that doc had unexpected free time so he gave it another shot 😂

Yeah I'm a sucker, for sure.  However, my attempts and screen time have decreased drastically.  Last year up to a month ago, I would have tried all damn day. Yesterday, I gave it six more shots after my first cycle on 5.10 with all six ending the same, predictable way. No thanks. 

The last few weeks, IF I cycle twice, that's amazing. Just don't enjoy it as much with this set up.  Like any other game, I am reaching my peak in terms of obsession. The fact that they rig it so blatantly is making it easier to put down.

Quit rigging it and I'll be addicted again, no doubt.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

This to an extent.   I dont really understand why people think WOH just recently changed.   Its been this way since the beginning of 19 with a player that isnt going to make most teams.   WOH is a tool to gain resources or just another event that requires bonus players to be able to win where you can just slow play for points.   With cash the way it is on sims, the difficulty ramped up and couple of box players who I had no interest in, the decision was easy for me as a diamond team.  Especially since I was playing solo yesterday.   Got in a couple D6 cycles, which never happens on mondays and it was nice.    But yeah I dont have much interest in woh until a prime is in there
    The defense is that a good WOH day is the fun that keeps you slogging through boring events the rest of the week.  Chasing a player, landing and leveling.

It just sort of sucks the fun out when there isn't anything worth leveling for weeks at a time.