Kdogs 10 things that Glu needs to change video.

OfficerTripOfficerTrip Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
I hope this video makes the rounds and eventually to Glu. His 10 points are so spot on, and this game needs to be fixed! 
https://youtu.be/wsGk_Vh6ppQ

Comments

• gocubbiez4417gocubbiez4417 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Agreed. Hopefully Glu will see this, doubt they’ll care if they do.
    Do or do not, there is no try.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    The only way to see any real change is to hit em in the pockets.  Meaning if ALL the top spenders just stopped logging in and demanded changes then we'd see something. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Millecors said:
    The only way to see any real change is to hit em in the pockets.  Meaning if ALL the top spenders just stopped logging in and demanded changes then we'd see something. 
    Big dogs: we need to boycott! 
    Glu: drops a gauntlet.
    Big dogs: black out and spend thousands competing in gauntlet. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited June 2020
    👆, exactly this.

Edit: I am doing my part.  Still 100% F2P, so far this year.  After spending to AS 16 by Labor Day last year, I had to cut it off.

Apparently, I don't moderate well...

I am pretty proud of my 100k TS gold team, given the circumstances.
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    The only one I don’t really agree with is number 4. If the stadium truly carried over and had more tiers, then boxes would just cost more. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited June 2020
    I think kdog nailed everything wrong with this game. Unfortunately it’s everything that’s NOT going to change. $$$$
    Tho I would add one thing.. a real pity timer not the bs one they are trying to sell us now. Increase the amount of boxes to open whatever but how bout a real pity timer that guarantees more than a 3rd rate bs player. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I think kdog nailed everything wrong with this game. Unfortunately it’s everything that’s NOT going to change. $$$$
    Tho I would add one thing.. a real pity timer not the bs one they are trying to sell us now. Increase the amount of boxes to open whatever but how bout a real pity timer that guarantees more than a 3rd rate bs player. 

I remember a time in which the guarantee was said to be the "coolest thing" in the box. I guess 4 star scrub faces are the coolest thing around these parts 😰
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts

I remember a time in which the guarantee was said to be the "coolest thing" in the box. I guess 4 star scrub faces are the coolest thing around these parts 😰
    10th box right now for the 4.5 star. 12 boxes at 8.6% would be 103. 12 box timer on these 600 gold boxes for a guaranteed 5-star player seems much more like the coolest thing in the box 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited June 2020
    The matchmaking stuff is the one that pusses me off the most.  (That’s not actually true, I hate most everything about this company, but it’s the easiest to write about in my current state)

the reward for spending the maximum amount of time and cash I’m willing to part with to build an elite gold team is playing 4 of my 5 bonus games against Diamond teams.

this makes ZERO business sense.  Yes, your hope is that people continue to chase the dragon and level up, and spend even more.  But the simple fact of the matter is that far more will quit and greatly reduce their spending as it no longer “moves the needle.”

so as a result, we no longer have “the crumbs that make the cake.”  Thus, we must bleed our 300-400 real hardcore addicts dry.  (See the 17 bonus sets for every damn event). But at this point, you’re now relying on a vastly smaller player pool to generate revenue.  Meaning, every player lost is a significantly larger percentage of profits.  That’s really an exponential number.  One KDogs lost equals 100 of me.

I get that Glu is deeply entrenched in the SV/VC world.  But history tells us this isn’t a sustainable business model.  Not long term.  Hundreds of better companies have been disabused of this notion, and hundreds more will follow.  

Glu has really become a fascinating case study in the law of unintended consequences 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited June 2020

Well..... they do have a skill now. 🙄
    I wonder what old Kdogs will have to say about this weekend's boxes/event.  Could be entertaining.  If he's really as disenfranchised as he seems from this video, he may be livid now.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I watched his video in full last night.  Wow. Just Wow.

I remember saying last year that GLU would go for the Whales as they continued to dismiss players like me.  Good Lord, KDogs Video opened up my eyes to a whole new level of greed.

Guys like KDogs put everything they have into this game daily, and are now getting treated like GLUs ATM. I hope KDogs realizes he is just feeding the beast. Nothing will change as long as they are making money and people are buying up the boxes and extra players to hit the bonus marks.  It is beyond absurd.

I have no desire to play at that level and never will. Spending that much time and money on players that I will trash the next day so I can get a few thousand gold in a club win is not my cup of tea. I'm not bashing anyone who plays this way. If that's how you enjoy the game, so be it, but damn.

I just thought I had problems with WoH being rigged.  You guys trying to score club points, etc, are being bent over and abused like a pedophile that just got to prison.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• basicipadbasicipad Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I find it slightly ironic that Kdogs has Prime Belli at D10 (featured players on his profile). This is why things won’t change much.
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    #8!  Community/club promotion by Glu right?  But last week, I got stupid luck. Pulled Both primes multiple times and all the bonus guys. CVC was cake but my club needed the boxes.  So do I dominate for the club win and get unneeded boxes?  Awkward position for all the top few guys in every club.  ALL club members should get box rewards!  
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Also, the pick-em shows complete laziness of staff dedicated to this game. How hard is it to throw a Korean game pick-em together?  They completely missed the draft.  They could do better for sure. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    basicipad said:
    I find it slightly ironic that Kdogs has Prime Belli at D10 (featured players on his profile). This is why things won’t change much.
    Exactly.  He'll never stop spending, so why would glu change anything they do?  Those dudes would chase a foil player who has double "automatic out" skills.  That's a skill where you never get a hit because it always an out.
    Just no.  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    basicipad said:
    Seriously, how much must that have cost? $20 for field pass. Maybe he got lucky and pulled Belli in his first few boxes, and then repulled him a few times. He’s presumably in a .3 discount club.  Even with those favorable assumptions the PXP would have cost him a few hundred dollars, easily. I’d say he spent at least $500 on one player. To cap Belli, he probably spent more than I’ve spent in the past two seasons of TSB. Hence, Glu doesn’t care at all about me, and will keep doing what they do as long as Kdogs and his boys are out there spending $500 every event.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I pulled Belli last night and can't level him. I won't level him unless they do the right thing and release actual resource boxes.  This is insane. 

You are correct. Guys like Kdogs, while great guys/players, kill guys like us that don't want to spend thousands on this game.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    basicipad said:
    no comment :#
    basicipad said:
    Exactly.  He'll never stop spending, so why would glu change anything they do?  Those dudes would chase a foil player who has double "automatic out" skills.  That's a skill where you never get a hit because it always an out.
    This is why I will patiently wait out the first wave of primes or maybe dump pxp into my keepers skills.   Basically the initial pxp squeeze is due to the whales of the game paying to get ahead.   I am not a whale so I will wait until it loosens up.   Ill still have my fun either way.
    @Mattattack, 100% on board with you there.  I have not pulled a prime yet, but I have no interest in them, until I have enough pxp stashed to get them to at least mid-gold without buying any of those pxp boxes.

If they were to release a WOH monster like Monster May Bell (top ratings, switch hitter, double Late-Inning skills), I would change my tune quickly though.  He was in my WOH lineup for 3 full months last year...
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    @Mattattack, 100% on board with you there.  I have not pulled a prime yet, but I have no interest in them, until I have enough pxp stashed to get them to at least mid-gold without buying any of those pxp boxes.

If they were to release a WOH monster like Monster May Bell (top ratings, switch hitter, double Late-Inning skills), I would change my tune quickly though.  He was in my WOH lineup for 3 full months last year...
    I dread landing a Prime right now.  With zero self control I will most definitely drop the $$$ to level him.
    edited June 2020
    Tdub71 said:

Its actually funny you bring up that Bell from last year.   He is the exact reason I am being more patient this year.  I pulled him last year, and being diamond it was a pain to level him.   Got him to D6 intially and it took a couple weeks to finish and by then he wasnt near as good.   Granted I was diamond and pre field pass but still learned my lesson regardless.   I have actually pulled all 3 primes so far and they have nicely added to my PXP total.
    I bet they have, especially since GLU adjusted the repull xp rates on them.  What are the 380s getting for trade-in, 3k at b1?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Are the current 380 primes good enough to be automatic in WOH at 8/8?  Or do they need skills above that to be markedly better than the 350 guys?
    I pulled that Bell on the first box I opened that day, and immediately capped him, and his skills (not bad since I was gold at the time).  He was in my WOH top-10 until I uninstalled and quit on Labor Day.  That guy, and the 340 BXP Buxton were my favorite players in '19.  

It was heartbreaking to trade them both in to level ATG skills when I came back in January...
    True.