How far to upgrade a player?

NjredsNjreds Registered Users 5 Posts
When you pull a new pick, assuming it is just a player that will only contribute points for the week, how far do you level them up? I'm currently Gold 1 and have been taking them anywhere from G1 to G10, but if a few days they are never used. I'd assume I should only max Primes or better assuming I keep them long term. Thoughts?
Thank you

Comments

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I'm silver. If I pull a guy that normally wouldn't make my team but I want to use him for points I will cap him at bronze. That raises his attributes enough to be able to contribute decently without wasting too many resources. Then I can toss him after the 2 day period and not feel bad about it. If it's a POTW I will bring him all the way up as he will be boosted for at least a week, sometimes longer. For a gold team it's a different situation. I would probably bring him to silver 10, assuming you have a good supply of bxp, and you'd only be out 40 gold for the 1 level up to silver. Just my 2 cents.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I’m an gold and depending on the points they will put up I will either go S10 of G1
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I am gold.  If they are a decent bonus, I will take them to S10, if they are the low bonus, B10.  The only players I take past S10 are ones that actually make my normal roster, or can be switched in for a particular event like WOH, TB CVC, etc.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Obviously, it depends on your goals, but I'll assume you want someone that will put up a reasonable number of points while not serving as a black hole in your lineup.

In that case, I think it varies by event.  At gold, I expect a B10 player would do fine in prime games (though you might not want a lineup full of them).  For bonus games, I would guess that taking them to S10 would be a big help.
  • NjredsNjreds Registered Users 5 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to take regular players to S10 to contribute and only raise to gold if they will make my roster.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Njreds said:
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to take regular players to S10 to contribute and only raise to gold if they will make my roster.
    Are you guys making back at least what you are investing? It seems like that would be hard to do, leveling a player that high (S10) that will be just be traded in a couple days later. The increase in club rank rewards and progress rewards seldom are worth more than the 4000 BXP (assuming 30% discount) it takes to level a player from B10 to S10, right? 

I'm in a solo club, so my perspective may be off. It just seems that unless I have a fully levelled bonus player, I will always end up in that 101-500 club rank group. Getting top 500 is super easy. Getting top 100 is usually too difficult to attempt. That's with B10 bonus players. It depends on the event, but even factoring in progress rewards, I would expect to end up with the exact sames rewards with an S10 player most of the time.

Am I missing something? 
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    edited June 2020
    Also, if you're racking up wins on your record, there can be a cost to that too. I am referring to non-diamond teams not being able to win bonus games or tourney games once they reach a certain win threshhold.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to have a good reason to level bonus players higher than B10.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    edited June 2020

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to have a good reason to level bonus players higher than B10.
    If you’re going to open more than a couple of boxes, you’ll often come out ahead on xp if you level them to S10. The S10 -> G1 repull is worth around 5k. Add that to the fact that you get more xp when you trade him in, and it often nets you more xp to level someone to S10 right away. 

Even if you don’t pull him again, that 4K is more like 2-3k when you factor in the trade in value. 
    Yeah, I totally forgot about the repull aspect.