Ouch. Got him on 4
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Ouch. Got him on 4
    Lucky!  I went through the stages:
    1. Only gonna open 10.
    2. Okay, gotta get him by 15.
    3. 25 is the limit you dirtbag.
    4. If I don't get him by 30 I am deleting this stupid game!
    5. Ahhh, you're a piece of shit tap-junkie, sell your house and buy more gold if you don't get him by 40.

Boy the conversations I save my wife from....
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    64 boxes for me, havent had the best luck lately
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Took me 83 boxes to get him and I know someone who had it worse. Why create the pity timer if you aren’t going to use it? Even if it’s set at like 30 or something high. It’s still way worse than the odds list at 5% and doesn’t just piss everyone off.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    That someone else was me, about 32k to get him once. Good news is I got pxp in both FR boxes so not a total loss. Still sucks tho, lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I don't feel so bad now.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Box 2 here.. sorry fellas. I know the $hit luck though
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    4th box...sorry man
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    dkarski87 said:
    That someone else was me, about 32k to get him once. Good news is I got pxp in both FR boxes so not a total loss. Still sucks tho, lol
    bxp and pennants for me, so just an extra kick in the groin  :s
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited June 2020
    got him on the first box    :D
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Millecors said:
    JCAM80 said:
    Ouch. Got him on 4
    Lucky!  I went through the stages:
    1. Only gonna open 10.
    2. Okay, gotta get him by 15.
    3. 25 is the limit you dirtbag.
    4. If I don't get him by 30 I am deleting this stupid game!
    5. Ahhh, you're a piece of shit tap-junkie, sell your house and buy more gold if you don't get him by 40.

Boy the conversations I save my wife from....
    I gave up after stage 3...
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Why????? Oh why??
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Seems like you can either get him on the 3rd box or the 98th box, no in between lol
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    23rd box
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    We had a few guys get madbum within a few boxes, but it took 60 for me.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    JTANDME said:
    That’s the problem though. I get the bad luck, but th also built in the game already a chance to limit that for the players. Even if you got him guaranteed on box 30, that’s still bad luck, but atleast you know an end is in sight. They did it a couple weeks ago for Tomlin box so why not now? Just seems very shortsighted by glu. I’m the A-hole who kept opening them but it just boggles my mind the refusal to just help the customers out a little there. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    0/7 and realized I'm an idiot so stopped.
    JTANDME said:
    That’s the problem though. I get the bad luck, but th also built in the game already a chance to limit that for the players. Even if you got him guaranteed on box 30, that’s still bad luck, but atleast you know an end is in sight. They did it a couple weeks ago for Tomlin box so why not now? Just seems very shortsighted by glu. I’m the A-hole who kept opening them but it just boggles my mind the refusal to just help the customers out a little there. 

Serious response here but that Tomlin box was broken at first. Maybe they're afraid they will do it again?
    you are alot smarter then me.   As bad as it sounds, i wish he was just a purchase player so i could have ignored him.
    JTANDME said:

Serious response here but that Tomlin box was broken at first. Maybe they're afraid they will do it again?
    First time i got Tomlin It took me all 20 boxes. Guess what, I didn’t feel cheated or robbed. I spent a fair amount of gold to get a player I wanted. I spent another 5k on the box and pulled him 3 more times. I’m sure they could have fixed whatever the issue was, and even beyond that, why is it such a catastrophic event for players to actually pull a player in a reasonable fashion? It’s a rhetorical question for you just pointing it out. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JTANDME said:

serious question here...but which recent boxes HAVEN’T been broken @du@dustyhunks ?

it feels like we’ve already had many more issues this year than 19.  

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Be honest. You ran out of gold, huh??
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    you are alot smarter then me.   As bad as it sounds, i wish he was just a purchase player so i could have ignored him.

I think putting ONLY coins in there was what snapped me out of it. Nothing enrages me more than pulling those blasted things. There is absolutely zero upside to that box if you don't pull him first try.
    DFBB said:
    Be honest. You ran out of gold, huh??

edited June 2020
    JTANDME said:

serious question here...but which recent boxes HAVEN’T been broken @du@dustyhunks ?

it feels like we’ve already had many more issues this year than 19.  

Well this was the first one I benefited from I can recall. Pulled him 3 times in 20 without box resetting til the 20th. Was able to box cap from D2 or 3 and only went through 2 or 3 times.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    1/1 for me. Hardly ever happens. I only had gold for 2 boxes anyways at that particular moment. 

Back to tourneys and BGs (yes...two Prime days is RIDICULOUS). 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    whynot said:
    Why????? Oh why??
    Whynot?