Facebook Ads

crisis1290crisis1290 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
Is this something new. The ads are popping up at the top of the screen which is hindering the ability to see the pitcher release the ball. 
I don’t even have a Facebook ! I’m sure this is a ploy to get people to pay to stop the ads but my question is : is this something new ?

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Yes.  This is definitely new, and definitely another push for F2P players to spend something.  
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    spend the .99 holy crap ppl.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    But I don't wanna...
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    spend the .99 holy crap ppl.
    Because of how impressed I am with this update and the quick response and fix to the gold video box this might be the first weekend I may purchase something for the first time since the 2016 version 🙊
    To be continued.....
  • SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Yep, that's a FEATURE, not a bug. I had been secretly hoping I could see more ads without having to give up all the glitching, freezing, hanging and rebooting.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Because of how impressed I am with this update and the quick response and fix to the gold video box this might be the first weekend I may purchase something for the first time since the 2016 version 🙊
    To be continued.....
    😳
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    This is awesome. Completely impossible to see the pitch. Maybe it's time to take some time off and see if it get resolved. (Hint: It won't be.) But the important thing is GLU made.001 cents from Starbucks for ruining the game. Totally worth it.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Pay the .99 and you wont have ads. You guys really cant be bitching about having ADS on your game when you wont be the god dam .99 to disable the ads. Unreal.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Pay the .99 and you wont have ads. You guys really cant be bitching about having ADS on your game when you wont be the god dam .99 to disable the ads. Unreal.
    You are 100% right. For me it's the principal of the matter. It's been all about the greed with Glu. Everyone wants to talk and threaten to stop spending money put your all's money where your mouth is and do it. If not, stop complaining. I haven't spent since 2016 because I have got sick of the increasing greed back then and it has just got worse each year. Sorry, some people may not agree with me but that's fine. I respect how everyone plays the game. If people have fun spending money on this game more power to them, it's just not for me and not the way I want to play. We all view success with this game through different lenses.
    You are 100% right. For me it's the principal of the matter. It's been all about the greed with Glu. Everyone wants to talk and threaten to stop spending money put your all's money where your mouth is and do it. If not, stop complaining. I haven't spent since 2016 because I have got sick of the increasing greed back then and it has just got worse each year. Sorry, some people may not agree with me but that's fine. I respect how everyone plays the game. If people have fun spending money on this game more power to them, it's just not for me and not the way I want to play. We all view success with this game through different lenses.
    I just can't understand this. Don't want to spend? Awesome! Truly awesome! But one purchase to improve your experience for the year doesn't count. If you've played since 2016, then you're going to play all year and $1 is more than worth it to get rid of the intrusive ads. You're probably earning Glu MORE money than that $1 purchase with a years worth of pop up ads 😭
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I just can't understand this. Don't want to spend? Awesome! Truly awesome! But one purchase to improve your experience for the year doesn't count. If you've played since 2016, then you're going to play all year and $1 is more than worth it to get rid of the intrusive ads. You're probably earning Glu MORE money than that $1 purchase with a years worth of pop up ads 😭
    Actually I've played since 2015, stopped spending after 2016 but that's here nor there. No, you are correct that Glu is probably earning more money that way but one difference not out my pocket, I'm playing with house money.... This game is like liquid crack and I start spending $1 and I hit then I'm hooked... again. I kicked that habit of spending. See, the problem is I said the same things 2015 and 2016... what's $1 to stop what I thought was intrusive ads at the time. Then I was pumping in $50, $100 for the mountains of gold, a lot of times left in disappointment. Then I found the videos for gold, playing with house money now. Sure it's time but I tap videos while doing work. Got pretty proficient at it.
    Sure, but once they have my credit card, what about all those package deals that pop up when you're trying to click on something else? Do they instantly charge your card?
    And you can bet THOSE ads won't be going away, and they're the worst.
    Plus the ads you intentionally watch to gain 5% or whatever. Not going away. In fact, you end up watching almost as many ads as people who don't pay. Congratulations.
    Slashline said:
    Sure, but once they have my credit card, what about all those package deals that pop up when you're trying to click on something else? Do they instantly charge your card?
    And you can bet THOSE ads won't be going away, and they're the worst.
    Plus the ads you intentionally watch to gain 5% or whatever. Not going away. In fact, you end up watching almost as many ads as people who don't pay. Congratulations.
    We're talking about the pop up ads that show their face at random (like switching from viewing batters and pitchers, but get slapped with a 30 second video in between), not videos for gold or boosts. You choose to watch those.
    No, the pop up deals don't instantly charge you as you have to go through a few more steps to complete the purchase (and you can remove your card info). I'm not in any way trying to help glu steal your money, I'm just saying I see it as a worthwhile purchase for someone that has played multiple years and will continue playing. 
    Those pop-up specials can be easily avoided, if your phone has the handy dandy "back" button.  I have managed to make exactly 0 purchases, accidental or otherwise, and I am pretty happy with the status of my gold team.