A**holes

trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
edited June 2020 in General TSB Discussion
F you Glu, if you are going to have a WOH HOF box with a terrible player in it, at least have a counter so I know after I beat WOH HOF 4 times I will get the good player instead of this horseshit 335 who wouldn't of made my team a month ago, let alone now. Instead, I have received this guy over and over and over again, and each time I want to quit your stupid game even more.
Prev13

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    U Mad GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

On the Dr.Smartass whining scale, I give this one 4 out of 5 stars.

Good title, redundant complaint, and a threat to quit, knowing full well that won't happen. At least not now.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited June 2020

Good title, redundant complaint, and a threat to quit, knowing full well that won't happen. At least not now.

I follow through, I quit spending money on this game a while ago - figured if Glu was going to be so greedy they don't deserve my money. Haven't spent a nickel for 2 months now. They have continued to push and push so much, I am close to quitting, they are ruining the game.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

I follow through, I quit spending money on this game a while ago - figured if Glu was going to be so greedy they don't deserve my money. Haven't spent a nickel for 2 months now. They have continued to push and push so much, I am close to quitting, they are ruining the game.
    We've all said that once or twice... okay, a few million times. You're hooked like a meth head. Just own it and move on.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I read and report complaints all the time.  It's part of the job.  This one included.

But for the sake of healthy discussion -- put yourself in my position, or literally everybody above or beneath me in the company for that matter.  Do you think leading your point with an expletive and rudely threatening anybody will help get your point across?

*thinks about all the times I've never pulled a holographic Charizard from all the Pokémon boosters I spent my money on as a kid* Hmmm... never mind.
    edited June 2020
    I read and report complaints all the time.  It's part of the job.  This one included.

But for the sake of healthy discussion -- put yourself in my position, or literally everybody above or beneath me in the company for that matter.  Do you think leading your point with an expletive and rudely threatening anybody will help get your point across?

*thinks about all the times I've never pulled a holographic Charizard from all the Pokémon boosters I spent my money on as a kid* Hmmm... never mind.
    No but this isn't a complaint being submitted to Glu, its a post on a community forum for the players. Surprised Glu actually has people reading these forums and continues to operate the way it does though. To put my previous comment in your pokemon terms so you understand, that would be like Ash winning the tournament with his pickachu, and then getting a ratata as a prize.
    edited June 2020

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    @TheFullMonte this is one on those instances where being able to chose multiple reactions would be valid.  Because I Agree, Like, say it's Awesome, and really LOL'd.
    edited June 2020
    NM

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

*thinks about all the times I've never pulled a holographic Charizard from all the Pokémon boosters I spent my money on as a kid* 
    🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Do it 👍🏻 you won't regret it.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FRAU5TYFRAU5TY Registered Users, Member 12 Posts

Lmao this coming from the company that has screwed up boxes 2 out of 3 past weekends. Honestly he does have a point though. At least with the charizard card it wasn’t worthless two weeks later. At least take the high road while you take everyone’s money. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Im about to show my age...what the hell is a charizard?

This sentence made me want to quit the forums all together.
    "Ash winning the tournament with his pickachu, and then getting a ratata as a prize"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit

Dude, I can relate to this guy's frustrations. When you spend what we spend to play this game in terms of time, money, and effort, you hope to get a little more in return than what we have been getting lately. WoH is your signature event that has brought players to your game and in the year I've played, its value has been greatly diminished in terms of reward and difficulty.

I almost went on an epic rant yesterday after being curved out nearly 20 times in succession on Level five, keeping me from my first cycle yesterday. This after dropping a couple hundred buck and 40K in gold this weekend improving my team. That was my Father's Day present. For that, I got screwed for hours yesterday. I finally started recording it and will start to post them once someone helps me figure out how to do it. If that is our reward for spending money, getting the best players, spending gobs on resources that aren't available to cap them, then you can expect more of this. People don't enjoy feeling robbed, and that's how I still feel today.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

as a person who is frequently banned from the forums for the use of creative language...you can word things differently and pound home a point...what's the old saying? you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar?

for those of you that aren't my age

You can win people to your side more easily by gentle persuasion and flattery than by hostile confrontation.
    I sound like a hypocrite but truth of the matter is..Glu is Glu..understaffed or not. they are what they are..not much can be done about it.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    335 GUYS MATTER 😂

I'm fine with the understaffed part and occasional mess up.

I'm not fine with bait and switch tactics combined with programming a game to cheat over and over so you can't win. That's a horrible experience.

So in that situation...you get a receipt on any purchase from apple. if you experience an issue, report it to apple and they more often than not will fully refund if you support your case well. not to mention if they get enough complaints they will contact glu, does it work? sometimes...other times apple will just pull the buyer beware card.

the Definition of madness is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
    @2020KC: agreed. After what I did this weekend, I realize I was played. Again. No one to blame but myself here.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Why would glu need to change it if you're still throwing money at them?
    Just no.  
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Amazes me how so many people consistantly complain about money grabs, box odds, slow videos, cheating and what not, yet somehow always have enough gold to open 50+ boxes multiple times per week, and even though they never pull players, their rosters are full of all the latest shiny toys, and they have maxed out platinum and diamond teams. 

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Why would glu need to change it if you're still throwing money at them?
    Bingo!
    This is exactly why I stopped spending money on this game a few months ago, and funny enough, my team is still able to be competitive (excluding primes of course) in every game type. Until things become more player friendly, I won't spend money on this game. Kdogs hit most of the issues right on the head.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @2020KC: agreed. After what I did this weekend, I realize I was played. Again. No one to blame but myself here.

Last time I'm saying this cause I feel like we're all being trolled here. You can interpret it however you want but why would you continue to do the same thing week in and week out and expect a different result? @dkarski87 eluded to it a while ago in some thread that deteriorated into the age old pedantic argument about vids vs bg's that went on far too long...if you're gonna grind over 200k gold worth of videos you have the chops for those other tiers you're so afraid to dip your toes in. Just get over it and f.ucking do it, Shai!

Ps: Tired of seeing and hearing about your 200k gold so s.hit or get off the pot.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’d also add, woh is way easier at diamond than any other tier. If you want to build via woh go diamond. It takes time but with the stash of gold you have already plus putting in time for woh it will be very easy for you to build a decent roster pretty quick. If you don’t care about world rankings and winning every event I’d go diamond for woh and royale alone. Not even mentioning BG day. Just a thought but they won’t make woh any easier at gold as the game progresses to rely on prime and legends. @drsmartassphd

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I’d also add, woh is way easier at diamond than any other tier. If you want to build via woh go diamond. It takes time but with the stash of gold you have already plus putting in time for woh it will be very easy for you to build a decent roster pretty quick. If you don’t care about world rankings and winning every event I’d go diamond for woh and royale alone. Not even mentioning BG day. Just a thought but they won’t make woh any easier at gold as the game progresses to rely on prime and legends. @drsmartassphd

But cheating!!!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    On top of all of this discussion, the increase in PXP from prime player repulls is a game changer at Diamond as well once Primes are WOH rewards. I hope they do the same with legends. Last year I think a prime repull at D10 was only 7K or something like that, but now it’s over 20K. This will be huge.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2020

Today is the day, @drsmartassphd. Drop 20k on today's box and take everyone you get to g10 and then go plat taking a couple guys from box that are worth it to p8 or p9 plus anyone you already have that would have WoH value so you have 5-6 bats capped out of the gate. FORGET ABOUT PRIMES AND KEEPERS (for now).

Another 20k to go through fan rewards again and watch that xp stack as you box cap those players. Grind, grind grind through plat tiers, kick ass in your bracket and use loyalty boxes to generate cash as you need it. Between bg day today and CvC tomorrow you will have a nice stack of xp that you could probably have a completely capped lineup and then some. If not, go through fan rewards again. 3x leaves you with still 160k gold and primed for the weekend.

Find a dot 30 club to level regardless of purchasing fp and a stat boost club for WoH crushing Friday and go diamond. If you're feeling extra spicy you can spend time accumulating diamond tourney boxes which should have 2 330+ players in them, taking them to p10 and open boxes for more repulls. Xp rolling in, cycle cap WoH for even more. You may even be able to bring a keeper to d10 this weekend if you're so inclined and can do it all still with over 100k gold left over.

*This is predicated on you having both the cash and bg's to both start and maintain the push.
    I may go plat at some point. I can't do diamond.

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    The 17 player box for $20 is also a good way to cap players. I think it comes out on the last day of those particular bonus players in the late afternoon. I capped Bote and kept pulling him, so I was able to cap MadBum. 

You can go diamond. I stayed at gold in all previous versions of the game. I went diamond in this version and absolutely love it. So much fun.