dear glu,

uwjnhaduihduiowauwjnhaduihduiowa Registered Users, Member 680 Posts
before reading this, be warned: this is going to be a very long rant. however, i personally believe glu needs to step the f.uck up because they are gradually ruining what once was a good game.

to whoever, or whatever works at glu, you guys need to f.uck off. every single move you take is yet another disgustingly obvious, relentless, f.ucked up is meant solely for you to make money. what you guys do is shameful, and you might need to rethink your whole lives and sit the f.uck down.

i'm only gonna rant about one issue in this, because i seriously don't have the energy to write a 300 page book highlighting every single shameful, d¡ck move you guys have done. this issue is matchmaking. 

ever since the start of the year, we have been experiencing matches with higher ranked teams once we win a certain win threshold when trying to sandbag at lower levels, matches you are programmed to lose. everyone complained, and you guys had the AUDACITY, to say that you improved/fixed it. i have absolutely no idea what prompted you people to feed us such blatant lies, but it's f.ucking bullshit. i'm going to recount my experience from this past week, but i'm just saying, its one of many where you guys have blatant screwed us over with matchups. Last weekend, i was in platinum two (storied), with around 3400 wins. I could win 9 of every 10 tournaments easily and 19/20 bonus games. i could easily fly through a league.
 fast forward a few days, I am pushing through platinum during bg day. I'm now at platinum 4. what's different, you ask? i'm now winning 1 of every 5 bonus games, and it took me over an hour just to accumulate 100 wins. justifiable, right? FU.CK NO. as if that wasn't enough, I wanted to play a tournament to get one more tournament box (putting me at 20). well, guess what? it took me TWENTY THREE tournaments and 460K blue cash to win ONCE. in EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT, I FACED AT LEAST ONE DIAMOND TEAM WITH A D10 350 PITCHER, and some with over 130k ts. I even faced one with last weekend's masahiro tanaka capped at d10. If you blind rats at glu can't see the problem with this, go to amazon, buy a toy dildo for some money, shove it up your asses, and maybe it'll shock you back into reality and into not being a shithead. 
Prev1

Comments

• uwjnhaduihduiowauwjnhaduihduiowa Registered Users, Member 680 Posts
    probably gonna get banned but i could care less
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 426 Posts
    I’m winning ONE out of every 25 BG. 
    I have yet to win a tournament. 
    Here are a couple of my matchups. 
    TS is obviously a bullshit number.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,488 Posts

• itsagoneritsagoner Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    just just making you move along this year. I don’t agree with it at all. But hey it’s Glus ball and you have to play by their rules even if they change them mid game. In my opinion the game should be enjoyable and playable for all players. It’s no fun at all to get your head handed to you. I just decided to play the natural progression. It’s kind of expensive but more fun Than constantly losing
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 864 Posts
    The only thing I don’t understand is the 3400 wins thing in your rant. I had way more than that and was still winning at gold until I crossed 5000 wins. 

But otherwise, I agree. It’s fine to say “go diamond” but some have budgets or lives that prevent that. Too bad the game can’t let you enjoy the lower levels anymore. Glu allowed it as recently as last year. 
  • iluddyiluddy Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    What I don’t understand is how/why your in platinum 4 with 3500 wins and your top pitcher Is only a 150.  I am platinum 2 with 2300 wins and all my pitchers are 200+.  Maybe invest in pitching to win those games.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    The correct phrase is "couldn't care less," but dictionaries and language experts say the Americanism "could care less" is gaining ground and even acceptable in some situations. So potato, potahto...also my mother in law is on my amazon so I choose to get my adult toys at a more private web sites, last thing that anyone wants is your mother in law bringing that up while eating a hot dog at the 4th of July family get together.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,114 Posts
    Wait...why are you still silver????
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 1,977 Posts

On the Doc Whining Scale, this one gets a firm 4.5 out of 5 stars. You would have gotten 5 of 5 had your grammar been better.

Also, it's "I couldn't care less".

“Stop being a Debbie Downer, grow a sack and go Plat”, MoenPDC

• bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    2020KC said:
    The correct phrase is "couldn't care less," but dictionaries and language experts say the Americanism "could care less" is gaining ground and even acceptable in some situations. So potato, potahto...also my mother in law is on my amazon so I choose to get my adult toys at a more private web sites, last thing that anyone wants is your mother in law bringing that up while eating a hot dog at the 4th of July family get together.
    I could care less, but I don’t care enough to
    iluddy said:
    What I don’t understand is how/why your in platinum 4 with 3500 wins and your top pitcher Is only a 150.  I am platinum 2 with 2300 wins and all my pitchers are 200+.  Maybe invest in pitching to win those games.
    i'm confused lol. did i say that
    My pitchers are Castillo, Morton, Roark, Scherzer, and Keeper Paige. They're not capped at platinum like my batters, but pitching isn't my problem. Whenever i face a d10 pitcher i score 2, maybe 3 runs. It's programmed to make you lose.

That, alongside the fact that I go from a 90% tourney win rate to 5% is just outrageous.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 283 Posts
    iluddy said:
    i'm confused lol. did i say that
    He's refferring to @likenight post above with the picture of his pitching matchups.  Which I agree with, my F2P team is Platinum 6 with 4200 wins and only 1 pitcher below 200, who never gets used in tourneys.  
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    edited June 25
    This guy is right about the matchmaking, I just went platinum last week (still Platinum 1 with wins required for getting to the playoffs) and my entire batting and pitching lineup are fully capped at P10 (TS 130k). It's impossible to win a tournament, by the time I get to the 2nd or 3rd game, I am always matched against a D10 team with 350 max overall pitcher. Half of my BG's are the same scenario. Seems to me like they made the algo even worse, hoping to push as many people to diamond as quickly as possible - who cares if they ruin the game more right? As long as Glu gets a few more diamond players spending a little bit more money. I stopped spending money and will not spend again until we see changes.
  • MattattackMattattack New Member Registered Users 1,490 Posts
    If you care about winning games on bonus games, plan for diamond.
    If you dont then dont worry about it.
    Cant have it both ways this year unfortunately 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 487 Posts
    If you care about winning games on bonus games, plan for diamond.
    If you dont then dont worry about it.
    Cant have it both ways this year unfortunately 
    See i disagree with that.  I am P6, WAYYYY beyond the so called threshold.  I still win 85-95% of my bonus games and around 80% of tournaments.  I believe it's mostly user error..... pennant placements,  upgrades, lineups and pitching staff.  I am proof it can be done. , just gotta figure out the right formula. 
    edited June 25
    23 tournaments just to win one is utterly ridiculous.

Its not about whether or not I can adapt to it, its f.ucking bullshit!
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 589 Posts
    And I’ll get shot down again, but if you don’t push the threshold on number of games, you’re fine. I‘m still Silver, 94% win clip, I win most Primes, BG, Season games because I fly under the radar and don’t play 1000 games a week. I win where I want to play and don’t push any harder. Solo club, get my rewards when I can and don’t feel any need to grind or advance until I hit a wall. So I’m quite happy winning my games in Silver and can cap whoever I want immediately, until I get Primes. Low on PXP. Only reason I see for me grinding out a ton of BG is to advance Club tier higher. And for me and my preferences, not a priority. Many ways to play and enjoy this game, I’m just different and it works very well for me
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 487 Posts

I agree with @Millecors my F2P team has increased it's win% since I took it too platinum by mistake.  Now at P6, only 90K TS, over 5K games played. I've got 5 340-350 hitters and 2 340 pithcers capped at P10, I selectiely take a hitter at a time up the Platinum scale, dump bonus players unless they offer a significant upgrade (I took Prime Arreaz to upgrade a 320 2B, he's at Silver 9 now, going to be slow roll to get him to P10). 
    I know this team is severly limited in terms of ceiling, I would have preferred to stay at Gold and accumulate resources, but this team is winning more tourneys and BGs than my 98K TS Gold team with all G10 8/8 hitters.

On the Doc Whining Scale, this one gets a firm 4.5 out of 5 stars. You would have gotten 5 of 5 had your grammar been better.

Also, it's "I couldn't care less".

OP didnt even get creative with the swearing.  2.5 tops
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    edited June 25
    "I took Prime Arreaz to upgrade a 320 2B, he's at Silver 9 now, going to be slow roll to get him to P10"

Unless you can get him there pretty quickly, aren't you afraid he will be semi-obsolete before he's even useful? Then if you pull someone better (which you will), you won't have the resources to level the better player. You'll be committed to Arreaz. I made this mistake with both PXP and LXP last year. Not knowing any better, I committed myself to 470 max Jon Kruk. Long before I ever capped him, there were way better legends sitting in my inactives at B1. I ended TSB 2019 with Gehrig, Ruth, Schmidt, Williams, etc and none of them ever saw a lick of playing time.

This year I plan to leave all primes and legends at B1 unless I can fully level them, skills and all. I might only get to use 1-2 primes and 1-2 legends all year, but at least they will be top players from the very beginning of when their shelf-life clock starts ticking. And none of them will be relievers. My relievers will only be BXP guys all year. Maybe starting pitchers too. Last year I used a lot of LXP on SP Kevin Brown and reliever Goose Gossage. Brown never even became my SP1. The PXP and LXP I used on pitchers was not a good use of those resources.

Maybe my strategy is flawed. But that's my current plan to avoid a repeat of last year's debacle.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    edited June 25
    I also plan to use every bit of PXP and LXP that I obtain into capping my ML's and offensive keepers' skills before leveling any Prime or Legend above B1. So I might be rolling with nothing but BXP players for a couple more months. Maybe it's dumb.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,859 Posts
    edited June 25
    @iratepirate, I am with you on that strategy, for sure.  I pulled Prime Sanchez in a TB box yesterday, and promptly traded him in at event's end.  With only 34k PXP in gold, he would be obsolete before I could cap him.

I will make the exception on 1 RP, once the Prime/Legend maxes hit 450, or so.  He could close for me for the rest of the season, by that point.

I would probably do the same for 1 or 2 SP, since I had such a hard time pulling the big boys at that position late in '19.

Edit: I am still rolling with 304-max, no skill Hader at closer (G10), and these guys for the rest of my bullpen.

I would say a solid 90% of my losses are because my starter got hammered in the first 3 innings...
    @iratepirate Yes, in hind site, keeping Arreaz was probably not a good idea, I'd take it back if I could, but I'm making it up as I go with that team.  For my VIP team, I have pulled Sanchez and Tanaka and haven't done anything with them.
    edited June 25
    xracman said:
    @iratepirate Yes, in hind site, keeping Arreaz was probably not a good idea, I'd take it back if I could, but I'm making it up as I go with that team.  For my VIP team, I have pulled Sanchez and Tanaka and haven't done anything with them.
    I should add that I don't think Arreaz will be obsolete any time soon. He's a beast and will be awesome for you for a good while. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 4,890 Posts
    xracman said:
    I should add that I don't think Arreaz will be obsolete any time soon. He's a beast and will be awesome for you for a good while. 
    For context, keeper Cruz needs a 5% keeper boost to be similar to Arreaz and thus far, their highest single boost this year has been 4%. 
    Mi casa es su casa...except during cvc. 
    DFBB said:
    xracman said:
    For context, keeper Cruz needs a 5% keeper boost to be similar to Arreaz and thus far, their highest single boost this year has been 4%. 
    One of the reasons I decided to keep him was the great feedback about what a beast he was.  Alas, PXP is pretty hard to get at the moment, so it will be a while to get him to P1 territory.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    edited June 25
    DFBB said:
    Love Cruz so much. Used up all of my pxp, but I don’t regret it at all:

How much PXP was that?