Ramirez or Bote?

RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
Ugh, I always do this...

My starting 3B has been 330 max Colin Moran for a while now.  I've had "better" righties in that time, but I wanted to start a lefty, and I was on the lookout for a switch hitter to replace him.
Got lucky with Bote yesterday and decided to just go ahead and level him up and make the switch from Moran.  Now comes Ramirez, and of course, I pulled him.

Bote - RH, 396 Hit, 359 Power.  RISP & Hot Hitter skills.
Ramirez - Switch, 390 Hit, 310 Power. Blowout & Bases Empty skills.

Niether is perfect, obviously, but one of them will be my primary 3B.  I've already got Bote leveled.

Who ya got?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    If you have built a strong team, then at this point you should only upgrade a player that will really help you. Since you upgraded Bote, I’d stick with him. There will always be a better player coming, but is it worth all the resources to upgrade each one? My opinion is no. You get who you need and then wait for a better player to fall to you when you have the resources to upgrade. At least that’s always been my philosophy. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    bote no contest
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Thanks - I guess just needed someone to talk me out of Ramirez.  I'd been hoping for a switch hitting 3B for so long that I was feeling tempted, even though I know what the smart thing to do is.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Bote.  No question.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    BOTE! Ramirez has minimal power and even worse skills
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Speaking of switch hitters, has the TB glitch been fixed?  I haven't had a useful switch hitter all year, but I am curious.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Nope. They still hit soft little flares over shortstop when batting from the right side. 
  • pueblodevils68pueblodevils68 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    If youve got plenty of resources,  ramirez has been crushing it for me. I have alot of fun hitting with switch hitters. But theyre right,  better players will always come along.  
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Ramirez is good for trade in value. Empty bases is a useless skill IMO