Options

Overall Rating versus Skills - What is your priority?

SynisterSynister Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
For determining what players make "your team", what is a higher priority?  Overall rating?  Desirable skills?  Switch hitters?  Lefty hitters?  Just seeing if there is a consensus out there?

I'm a FTP Silver team about ready to go gold.  When I go gold, I'll only have enough resources to cap 9 hitters and 1 pitcher initially (plus the 4 hitting Team Upgrades).  What would your choices be to form my core team to cap based on the above initial question?  I mainly try and compete in CVC and I am able to beat WoH at Silver currently (with some effort).

C:  Grandal (330, B, ROB/RISP), Vazquez (335, R, Late/LH), Chirinos (340, R, LH/Blowout), Ramos (345, R, ROB/Close)
1B: Bell (345, B, RH/Blowout), Santana (350, B, LHx2), Dixon (350, R, Close x2), Pujols (330, R, Blowout/HH), Olson (345, L, ROB/RISP)
2B: Marte (345, B, Leadoff/HH), Lemahieu (320, R, First x2), Hampson (340, R, LH/Close)
3B: Longoria (350, R, ROBx2), Diaz (335, R, LH/Late), Moran (330, L, RH/RISP), Bote (355, R, RISP/HH), Andjuar (350, R, Blowout/RISP), Gonzalez (340, B, LH/ROB), Arenado (345, R, HH/Close)
SS: Lindor (330, B, ROB/NOB), Bichette (335, R, LH/Late), Semien (350, R, RISPx2)
OF: Dickerson (340, L, RH/First)
OF: Bradley (340, L, RH/First)
OF: Kepler (350, L, RH/HH), Engel (355, R, LHx2), Blackmon (335, L, RH/ROB), Gurriel (345, R, LH/HH), McNeil (350, L, RH/Leadoff), Bellinger (320, L, Late/ROB)
DH: Judge (350, R, Blowout/ROB), Nunez (340, R, Close/Late)
P:  Brault (340, L), Scherzer (345, R), Roark (350, R)

Comments

• Options
    trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Ramos
    Santana
    Marte
    Longoria/Bote
    Semien
    Engel, Judge, and Kepler (I'd say Mcneil over Kepler, but you already have leadoff with Marte and no better 2B - if you get Garcia in the box this weekend that would be perfect for 2B, and then you can have Mcneil leadoff and Kepler as a sub)
    DH: Longoria/Bote
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Agree completely with @Hata.  I will add that I really like Bichette and Kepler as bench players, for WOH purposes.  Possibly Dixon, as well, but he would be last-man-up.
  • Options
    @uwjnhaduihduiowa, I think he said he has the 320 (bxp) Belli.  That changes things, as far as OF.
  • Options
    SynisterSynister Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Thanks everyone for the excellent input.  Based on the above, it looks like the consensus priority (all things being equal) is Overall Rating first then Skills. 

I do also have 2 Prime players that I didn't list as they are B1 at the moment:  C: Sanchez (380, R, First/ROB) and OF: Judge (380, R, ROB/RISP) and 44k Prime XP.  I wasn't planning on doing anything with them and was just going to save the Prime XP currently.

I have 2 other 2B's that I was just going to trade in: Hampson (340, R, LH/Close) and Hernandez (340, R, LH/RISP).  I could keep one of them and swap out Marte to get McNeil in the lineup...

I'm also working on my '19 team.  Once I can get a decent pitcher, I'll be bringing over Cruz and Bench as keepers.

I closed this last WOH at Silver with a combination of Bradley, Dickerson, Engel, and Santana (all skills at level 8 currently), so they may likely make my initial gold lineup to start.
  • Options
    I would still say Marte >>Hampson >>> Hernandez, but if you want to keep McNeil, Hampson would be useful for early lefties in WOH, so that is not a bad way to go.

I think all 4 of your stated WOH closers are clearly keeps.  

If you are still waiting on bringing over '19 keepers, try to get your hands on Ferrell for a keeper C.  He has been A++ for me.  I would take him over Bench, for sure, as the HH/HH skills are good for all modes.  Cruz is a good option.  My other keeper hitter choice came down to him, or Babe.  I took Babe, and have been happy with him.  If you can land Hoyt, he is clearly the best keeper SP, imo.