Certain Ads Not Working

RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
edited June 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Anyone else get ads for World War Rising and another video game (Final Fantasy, maybe?) that don't work right?  

I watch the ad, the "x" is hard to click, then I don't get the boost/continue for the ad.  Sometimes, I can then launch an ad again, sometimes not.  I watched the same ad 3 times trying to re-roll my club achievements box yesterday before finally getting a different ad that registered.

I'm not sure if it's a device compatibility issue, just poorly done, or if the ad-makers are crafty enough to develop an ad that gets watched but never registers, so that they don't have to pay glu.

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Final fantasy ads almost never work for me. They usually freeze mid ad multiple times making the video well over a minute long when it's all said and done. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I've been having a problem where I play the video, the play video screen greys out, my video count goes down -- but no video ever plays and I don't get the gold.  The play video light turns yellow again and the process repeats. 

Sucks because Glu absolutely never accepts responsibility for video issues.  In other words, there is no fix.

• iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Yep. World War Rising and also a Doordash ad that I have to exit the app to get rid of.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Metsicans said:

I've been having a problem where I play the video, the play video screen greys out, my video count goes down -- but no video ever plays and I don't get the gold.  The play video light turns yellow again and the process repeats. 

Sucks because Glu absolutely never accepts responsibility for video issues.  In other words, there is no fix.

Or worse, it screws up your WoH Replay or boost. I also run into a problem video boosting WoH where it still plays the round, but I can't see what's going on. So, I have to wait for three strike outs. I think it happens more when I get "Click Happy" and push the button before it's completely finished. Very frustrating. 
    edited June 2020
    It also can happen when you want to "WATCH A VIDEO FOR A FREE RE-ROLL" on a first round draft pick.
    You just lose the pick. 
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I watched the World War Rising ad 4 times in a row last night and every time I clicked the "x" after the video ended it didn't register as watched, so I had to watch it again (and again, and again....). Finally the 5th ad was for another company and that one worked.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    I watched the World War Rising ad 4 times in a row last night and every time I clicked the "x" after the video ended it didn't register as watched, so I had to watch it again (and again, and again....). Finally the 5th ad was for another company and that one worked.
    Exactly what happened to me.  I feel like glu should be pissed about that - I assume because the ad isn't registering, glu isn't getting paid for it.  The'll get paid for that 5th ad, I guess, but if I were them, I would be mad that my customers were watching ads and I wasn't getting paid. 
    Is there any way to close that postmates ad without closing the app altogether?
  • SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    The one I have trouble with is the National Consumer Service (or something like that). No matter what you click or don't click, it opens up the browser. That wastes time, and also memory, and then the game itself glitches and hangs.
    You CSR folks can tell us until you're blue in the face to reboot, and clear cache, and things like that, but then your ads work at cross purposes.
    Keep up the $%^&* work.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    This is getting out of hand. Two new ads this weekend that appeared and can’t be closed. One is about plastic or something. The other has a car unit. I noticed that sometimes they did close, but it was about 50% of the time you couldn’t close them. And if you clicked on the usual spots, it would pop up the ad privacy message. The only remedy is to close and reopen the app and lose your rewards or progress.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Ads today have been a nightmare.  I've had two rounds where I couldnt use my video restart, and two others where the video i used for a boost....doesnt actually provide a boost.
    The silver lining at least is that we know that GLU is taking this seriously and looking in to it
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Ads today have been a nightmare.  I've had two rounds where I couldnt use my video restart, and two others where the video i used for a boost....doesnt actually provide a boost.
    The silver lining at least is that we know that GLU is taking this seriously and looking in to it
    Same for me. I’m hitting about 1 video boost a round that plays but doesn’t give me credit. It’s ridiculous.
    Anyone having trouble with videos tonight? I can’t get one to play, not even the daily achievement videos. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I have been having issues since Sunday night, but I think my problem is substandard wifi.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I have to restart the game now anytime I want to use a video for anything. Then it’s pretty reliable unless I get one of the ads that just doesn’t work like the World War Rising, which I can close but it doesn’t provide the reward. Never had ad problems until TSB 18. They worked a little better last year. It’s really annoying to have to restart every time and I’ve rolled a lot fewer because of it. I assume Glu gets their ad revenue whether the player gets the intended reward or not.
    Even when I hard close the app I am not getting the video every time. Like 1 in 10 times does the video work. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Mine still load ok, but I have to wait a little longer in between.

But again, "check your WiFi" is probably good advice for my issue.
    This video issue is KILLING me.

I can’t boost at all for CVC.  

That’s going to suck HARD for tomorrow when WOH starts
    This video issue is KILLING me.

I can’t boost at all for CVC.  

That’s going to suck HARD for tomorrow when WOH starts
    Yeah, this is going to have a substantial impact on my ability to cycle cheaply. I really rely on replays for the last two rounds. 
  • BlackAngelBlackAngel Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Omg lol. I’m glad it wasn’t me. I’ve been traveling all day and thought it was crappy reception. I’m home on WiFi and like “What the hell am I paying $80 a month for if my service can’t even load a video?!”

just saved Mediacom a call haha.

That being said, I am glad that Glu is taking it seriously. Your videos are quite strategic. Especially when I’m trying to go for CVC high round. I pay 150 and if I still haven’t beaten it, watch the video for 200. When that lags out I get so annoyed. It’s such a waste. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

The board is aware of my farming prowess. This week I pretty much gave up Tuesday. If I got 100 in a day, it was a miracle.  I usually try to farm all day while working, but quit trying each day around 10AM. Many times I'd watch it, accept the 5 gold, it would crash, and I wouldn't get the gold.

Just tried a boost for Extra Bases this AM. Same thing. Video goes through, no boost, lose video.

I gave up trying to help CS on this weeks ago.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I don't believe FOR A MINUTE the GLU is "looking into it". When I complain, they tell me it's my phone. So they keep making a fatter memory hog of an app with every update, while my crashes grow more frequent. But it's my fault because I didn't reboot the phone every third inning.
    Video boosts are once again not working correctly.  Im only to level 4, but I've already had it happen three times where I watch the video for the boost, only to X out and NOT get the boost.