Balsamic Vinegar - cont'd

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Bearmeat said:
    2020KC said:
    doesnt appear the cheese is in the right spot tho cc?
    Cheese goes at the bottom. A Reuben is the only exception 
    On the bottom?  What are you?  Canadian or something????
    The cheese goes on the bottom to prevent moisture from the meat leaking into the bottom bread. It’s basically like a barrier.  This is all under the assumption you are making this the night before eating. If it’s a “live sandwich”, then feel free to place at any stage in the Constuction 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    We are neglecting this thread too much.  Had to scroll to page 4 to find it.

I know it's not a sammich or anything cool, but here's some cheeseburger casserole to tide us over for a bit.

Mmmmm.  Pig.

Now to sauce this bad boy...
    Tdub71 said:
    Mmmmm.  Pig.

Now to sauce this bad boy...
    You gonna twist that up in a bun?
    edited July 2020
    Yup.  Done, and done.  2 sloppy sammiches later, and I might need a nap before bed...

Edit: The pic is deceptive.  This was a 5lb Boston butt.  Still plenty of leftovers.
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Yup.  Done, and done.  2 sloppy sammiches later, and I might need a nap before bed...

Edit: The pic is deceptive.  This was a 5lb Boston butt.  Still plenty of leftovers.
    Sweet Hot pickles on the side?
    Unfortunately not.  Just salt and vinegar kettle chips, and some good 'ole A&W root beer.  Simple, yet effective.
    Tony Packo’s Sweet Hots.
    Look them up some time.

Tony Packo’s Sweet Hots.
    Look them up some time.

Will do.  Thanks for the tip.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    BTW....Utz chips have been around forever but they pretty much just arrived in KC photo coming of the Crabby Chips coming...so damn good
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Being somewhat of a potato chip aficionado, I concur in the Utz crab chips. 👍🏻

I offer for your consideration these bad boys.  Supposedly “The Whole Shebang” chips were only served in prisons (!).  After reading about them I had to order a case online.

FWIW, we need way more of this thread and the Double Gold eye candy thread and way less of the cyclical, repetitive “Glu sucks” threads.  “It’s Monday! Time to post how the WoH awards blow and how silly hard it is unless you spend a lot of money!”
    Snyders of Hanover used to have many a flavored chip and I one time had in my vending machine at work, Steak, ketchup, and Pickle Flavored, I am not ashamed to admit, one night working all night on a system outage I had a glorious steak covered in ketchup with a side of pickles. (thats when I was fat matt..)

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Those snyders chips were so awesome, just like this thread.  Best thing about TSB these days.
    Just no.  
    I'm waiting for someone to come out with "Montreal Steak" flavored chips.  I put that magic dust on my popcorn all the time.   Was that what the Snyders Steak flovered chips were?
    I think so I just know they tasted just like a steak...as a chip and I couldn't have been more thrilled.  Now that Lays is doing those new favor competitions that's as close as I can get now.
    2020KC said:
    I think so I just know they tasted just like a steak...as a chip and I couldn't have been more thrilled.  Now that Lays is doing those new favor competitions that's as close as I can get now.
    I tried to suggest "Montreal Steak" as a Lay's flavor during their new flavor contest a couple years back, but they only allowed me to select "steak" so I guess you're welcome!
    Tdub71 said:

A picture would’ve been nice.  🙂
    Bearmeat said:
    Tdub71 said:

I will post a leftover sammich later tonight.  I still have some "work" to do.  Something my "job" requires.  So I can continue to be "gainfully (ha!) employed".  

Adult life is such bullshit...
    Tdub71 said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Tdub71 said:

I will post a leftover sammich later tonight.  I still have some "work" to do.  Something my "job" requires.  So I can continue to be "gainfully (ha!) employed".  

Adult life is such bullshit...
    There needs to be a “thank you” button. And yes, adult life blows. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

You are a king amongst men sir
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

I've had those, and they're pretty damn good!  Are they roasted turkey pringles good??  Well, that's something I'll never know.
    Just no.  
    You haven’t truly lived then
    @Bearmeat, here ya go...

This meal earned me, what my dad would have called, a "stern talkin' to".

Apparently, I am "overweight", because I make "poor choices", and I am risk for "heart disease"...

For size reference, that is a 2-liter A&W.
    Love the watermelon chunks on the side. Resets your pallet and allows you to go in for more. 
    edited July 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    Love the watermelon chunks on the side. Resets your pallet and allows you to go in for more. 
    Absolutely.  Plus, it is important to hydrate.

Edit: In hindsight, maybe the wife has a point about my "poor choices"...

Bit my mama didn't raise no quitter!
    Damn....you took that meal out like a boss. 2 Liters of Rootbeer too. 😳
    Bearmeat said:
    Not a full 2-liter.  It was just under half-full.  Leftover from last night.
    Tdub71 said:
    Bearmeat said:
    No time to bother using a glass, or better yet a FROSTY MUG?
    Tdub71 said:
    Bearmeat said:
    No time to bother using a glass, or better yet a FROSTY MUG?
    I considered the frosted mug, but I didn't have one ready, and patience ran thin.  Plus I knew I had to wash my own dishes, so a plain glass was not a big enough upgrade, at that point...