Typical glu fasion

itsagoneritsagoner Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
well in typical glu fasion they screwed up the super bonuses. You have to purchase Wainright get really lucky and get Fowler before spending 60k gold. Plus 3 franchise coins for a 330 Heyward. Think I will set this one out

Comments

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Yeah the pathetic typical money hungry move that glu is so famous for! 🖕🏼
  • itsagoneritsagoner Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Wouldn’t mind having Wainright but ain’t spending a dime on him
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I don't necessarily disagree with you guys, but the outrage is a bit much. I don't like it, but truth be told, this will effect very few people. These super bonuses cater to the top clubs, but how many of you guys are are actually competing against them? 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Mine is.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    My club seems to compete with them daily. I’m not really outraged. Wainright would be a no brained if he started at my level but not at bronze and having to go through the resources to level him up. A 330 Heyward should be the normal one coin guy. 
    I do thank you for your response to my post it’s good to know some is at least looking at it
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited June 2020
    DFBB said:
    I don't necessarily disagree with you guys, but the outrage is a bit much. I don't like it, but truth be told, this will effect very few people. These super bonuses cater to the top clubs, but how many of you guys are are actually competing against them? 
    That is their point, no one can compete with the top clubs because glu makes it impossible without spending a ridiculous amount of money. There is no competition anymore beyond the top couple clubs because 99% of players are not idiotic enough to spend thousands of dollars a week on a mobile game for players that don't last more than a few days. We need less bonus players in general, which will last more than 1-2 days, and bonus sets that are realistically achievable for a larger percentage of the player population, and better rewards for placing in the top brackets to make purchases actually worth it by having some kind of return in game (or at least better trade in value on players). This is the only mobile game I have ever seen that does not offer good rewards for placing at the top, when considering how much it costs to get there.
    Good post Trojan. If these super bonuses are catering to the top clubs why not bracket them together instead of spreading them out.
    DFBB said:
    The “outrage is a bit much” really? I appreciate your input, you have always been very helpful on this forum, you even responded the only time that I reached out to you for help, however I respectfully disagree. This game has gotten to the point where all you can do is cringe in disgust every time glu comes up with one of these greedy money grabbing resource exhausting gimmicks. You get all of the players in the boxes (which is not an easy task that begin with) spending thousands in gold, thinking that you’re set for the next day only to have glu pull the old “but wait you need more” crap. So no the outrage is not too much it’s actually tepid considering all the garbage has been throwing at us the entire season. 
  • Gdog2020Gdog2020 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    DFBB said:

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’m glad they continue to have ridiculous bonus sets...makes it easier for me to not care about anything other than Monday WoH, Royale events, CvC, and TB - while being very selective with who I level going forward - now that I jumped to Platinum and am about to go Diamond.  Last year I tried to get top 10 or better in every event because I could, but it’s basically never worth it because the event rewards suck anyway.  I suppose once I’m at Diamond, I’ll care about the BG events as well, but only because I’ll be doing 1k cycles anyway, lol.
  • Gdog2020Gdog2020 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Outrage is justified!! Every two days we are required to purchase new players and buy more players to compete. I don’t mind spending as I’m a vip but this is quite ridiculous!! I agree with goner and itsouttahere on their comments! I believe you have to spend at 300.00 every two days to compete and get a top ten in an event!! Why doesn’t glu make brackets for the big spending clubs and let the rest of us have a chance at the top spots in events! I have played this game since 17 and it’s all about money and how much can we suck of people. Getting sick and tired of always having to buy players to compete for 2 days when they should be for the week!! And I get it some guys will say don’t play if you don’t like it but in actuality it’s there fault we’re in this situation to begin with!! Why not let them play each other and make fun for the rest of us!! And glu knows which clubs are the spenders. 
    I’m guessing the club I’m in could be called a top club Ii don’t think we have finished outside of top ten not counting the home run thing that was done a few weeks back. I don’t think we have been catered to if we were I guess I was absent that day. I agree with other posts there should never be an oh wait now you need this guy. it also should never be you have to spend 60k gold to get a player that is used in a super bonus.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    F2P Guys Matter
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    F2P Guys Matter
    I wish🙄
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

This is why I am just selfish with my own club and don't play these big events. First off, they are boring as hell. Who wants to simulate prime games all day, then drop gold to keep a streak?!? I don't.

Second, the bonus expansion last year told me this type of crap would only get worse. While I could afford to do something like this, I choose to spend my money elsewhere. No disrespect to those that do.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Probably a wise move
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    itsagoner said:
    I’m guessing the club I’m in could be called a top club Ii don’t think we have finished outside of top ten not counting the home run thing that was done a few weeks back. I don’t think we have been catered to if we were I guess I was absent that day. I agree with other posts there should never be an oh wait now you need this guy. it also should never be you have to spend 60k gold to get a player that is used in a super bonus.
    I’m not trying to cause problem but finishing top 10 isn’t what is referred to as a top club. I’m not going to name them but there are 7-10 clubs in which they have multiple members spending 10s if thousands of dollars a year on the game. Some way more than that. These are the clubs he is referring to. I’m sure glu appreciates any club that spends but these are the clubs the game is designed for. Those who can get the 60k fan rewards players every event and just keep going. While your club sounds good constantly being top ten, that’s not what he meant. 
    While you probably right we are a very good club not too club. My point is there are very few of them while there are a lot of us. Wouldn’t it make sense to make the game fair and fun for all.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    itsagoner said:
    While you probably right we are a very good club not too club. My point is there are very few of them while there are a lot of us. Wouldn’t it make sense to make the game fair and fun for all.
    They are a company who is there to make money. The current setup let’s the guys who have and are willing to use the most disposable income to always be at the top. Those top few clubs are what runs the game. Whether we like it or not, that’s who it’s designed for. Non spenders and middle tier spenders are more replaceable than those top level guys. Same group has been in here week after week complaining about it saying they will quit and they are still here. Just the reality of the game. 
    On behalf of your referenced “same group” thank you for your fascinating explanation of Glu’s business model. 🙄
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    itsagoner said:
    They are a company who is there to make money. The current setup let’s the guys who have and are willing to use the most disposable income to always be at the top. Those top few clubs are what runs the game. Whether we like it or not, that’s who it’s designed for. Non spenders and middle tier spenders are more replaceable than those top level guys. Same group has been in here week after week complaining about it saying they will quit and they are still here. Just the reality of the game. 
    This is why at their peak they only get 30k downloads per month vs maddens 200k a month. Poor business model imo and quite possibly just a niche market/app. Time will tell..
    Instead of catering to everyone they cater to big spenders because they are scared to take the risk and build a game that caters to everyone.They have found their cash cow and aren’t about to change now. So instead they go after big spenders and squeeze the life out of them $$. Facts 

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited July 2020
    If that really is Glu's business model for this game, they won't last long - never place your eggs in one basket, especially such a small basket of essentially addicts. If Glu had truly intelligent people running the show for this game (my guess is they don't because this is not one of their top games for revenue, its in the middle to low tier of all the company's games - tap makes a hundred thousand dollars or so a week in revenue last time I saw the numbers), they would increase their ad revenue and find ways of making it more affordable for a greater percentage of the population to compete (i.e. make bonus players/sets that last longer than 1 day and are attainable with $10), then they would see more dollars coming in from 99% of the players instead of just 1%, and growth in overall revenue. They should be thinking Mcdonalds for addicts, not private jets.
    I am just glad I am not giving them anymore of my money until changes are made, been months since I purchased anything on this app.