Royale July 1st

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

Prev1

Comments

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    1st "decent" Slugfest reward....  for those that need that sort of thing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Sisco's speed is devilish but his skills make him pretty good for most modes.. shouldn't be too bad
    Yes. And that’s the worst hit rating for any Max 350 that I’ve seen. The 350 Contreras from the last 2 days had a hit rating of 107 at B1. That’s 373 compared to 396 at D10. That’s a big difference. At least he’s fast though. 😐 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Millecors said:
    “Decent” is open to interpretation. Any dual skilled player with a 2 out skill really only has only one skill imo. This guy raises TS and that’s about it. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    Millecors said:
    “Decent” is open to interpretation. Any dual skilled player with a 2 out skill really only has only one skill imo. This guy raises TS and that’s about it.

The point is that it's a 5 star 2 skill player. Which I believe is a 1st so far this year.  
  • itsagoneritsagoner Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Might be they are trying to get some guys playing slugfest
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    itsagoner said:
    Might be they are trying to get some guys playing slugfest

I would play it more if the prizes were better. I usually just go through level 4 and quit bc of the resources.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Same lineup as last Royale. 
    Exactly 365 days ago we had 380 overall prime votto as the woh reward and 5k pxp alongside it. Today? A lousy 350 with 200 pxp 🙄🙄🙄🙄
    We are all in this together! Santana still so smooth for Ryaole. Took extras but got it done

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

WOH 5.7 advice needed.

Alright, so currently I have four lefties that I could use for 5.7, but I was wondering which one would (theoretically) have the best winrate.
    I can choose between:
    345 Freeman  (294,283) and skills at 8/8(RHPx2)
    350 Schwarber (291,289) and skills at 8/8 (RHPx2)
    350 Verdugo (297,260) and skills at 8/8 (HH, 1st pitcher)
    350 Kepler (303,252) and skills at 8/8 (HH,RHP)
    I’d go with Freeman. I’m having to use Prime Belli against ZG. He’s hard as hell. Fun challenge for sure. ZG, IMO, is a great example of how GLU can keep WoH fun and honest without mandatory outs. I lose to ZG at least twice each cycling attempt all on my own. He never curves out Prime Belli. He just abuses me with the change of pace.

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I would say Freeman, too.  Kepler's 303-294 hit advantage is not that big, given Freeman's skills are both always on.  Kepler is the clear 2nd choice though, imo.
    Scwarber isn't a bad choice either, obviously. I would go with Freeman due to the higher hit rating.

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    On the flip side, once you get that first hit, Kepler becomes the clear best of that list.

And if you don't get that first hit on your first at-bat, you might be in trouble, anyway.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    Doesn't Kepler's lower PWR mean that he (on average) needs more hits to win than Freeman/Schwarber?
    He'll get more hits (great) but he'll need more too.
    Or will he? Kepler's SPD is significantly higher than Freeman/Schwarber. Does that mean he will take the extra base more often than Freeman/Schwarber in WOH?
    Freeman/Schwarber skills are always on. 
    Damn, it's close. You might just have to experiment.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Isn't the pitcher we pay real money for always a bonus guy on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?  I'm never going to pay for another pitcher if we're only going to be able to use him for one event.  That's nuts -- spent $20 on Wainwright and he was only good for yesterday. Tagging @DFBB and @dustyhunksbecause you guys usually are on top of the trends.  Maybe I'm wrong. 
  • cbidgejbagscbidgejbags Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
     I hope that is not the case with Engel but you might be right.
     I hope that is not the case with Engel but you might be right.
    Baez is now 6-6.
    Who are you using at 5.10?
  • ajsteamofwinnersajsteamofwinners Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Is there a chart for today’s WOH? Or at least a list of level 5?
    I haven't even seen 5.10 today. 
    I cycled 11 times last weekend. 
    I have since added Wong and Engel.
    I'm 100% up through 5.6.
    I'm about 3-for-6 at 5.7.
    About 2-for-4 at 5.8 (Bote 0-2, Engel 2-0)
    And 0-for-4 at 5.9 with Wong and Schwarber
    I 80g boosted Wong and Schwarber on their video reboots.
    Wong even lost at 5.7. He's demoted to 5.6 now.
    Back to the drawing board.
    Is there a chart for today’s WOH? Or at least a list of level 5

Level 5 is LRRRL RRLRL

Finally beat 5.8 with Bote but lost on 5.9.  Didn't get a chance to try Engel at 5.10.  I'm assuming Royale hasn't changed??

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited July 2020

Sample size  is still very small, but I'm finding that Adam Engel is trash, especially on 5.8 Price. With skills at 8/8 and him at p10, he is 4-8 on Price, getting a lot of "weak groundouts" on fastballs. Much smaller sample size for this, but Foil Baez (HH, rob) is 2-2 and is not experiencing the "weak groundouts". The only explanation I can think of is the power difference.
    hmmmmm must be user error, Engel has crushed it for WOH for me since I got him - he is my closing RHB for WOH, between him and Schwarber as my closing LHB I can't remember the last time I have had to restart a round or use gold/video boosts (Mondays and Royales), I must of cycled 8 times on Monday and 5 times today already. Schwarber is definitely better than Engel though, even with the lower hit, his power rating is so stacked he hits back-to-back-to-back homeruns - basically all day. I place major value on power in my lineup, will take guys with slightly lower hit ratings if they have a large power advantage. Schwarber should have a long shelf life on my WOH lineup. It's funny because I don't use either of them for my regular or CVC team, Foil Yelich and Rookie Judge have better skills for CVC/games when you don't know what handed pitcher you are up against (both still have solid power/low speed, which seems to be the trade-off).
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited July 2020

Sample size  is still very small, but I'm finding that Adam Engel is trash, especially on 5.8 Price. With skills at 8/8 and him at p10, he is 4-8 on Price, getting a lot of "weak groundouts" on fastballs. Much smaller sample size for this, but Foil Baez (HH, rob) is 2-2 and is not experiencing the "weak groundouts". The only explanation I can think of is the power difference.
    hmmmmm must be user error, Engel has crushed it for WOH for me since I got him - he is my closing RHB for WOH, between him and Schwarber as my closing LHB I can't remember the last time I have had to restart a round or use gold/video boosts (Mondays and Royales), I must of cycled 8 times on Monday and 5 times today already. Schwarber is definitely better than Engel though, even with the lower hit, his power rating is so stacked he hits back-to-back-to-back homeruns - basically all day. I place major value on power in my lineup, will take guys with slightly lower hit ratings if they have a large power advantage. Schwarber should have a long shelf life on my WOH lineup. It's funny because I don't use either of them for my regular or CVC team, Foil Yelich and Rookie Judge have better skills for CVC/games when you don't know what handed pitcher you are up against.
    Geez I’ll trade you Schwarbers. I’m Platinum with his skills at 8/8 and he’s right around fifty percent getting by Scherzer with a video boost. It seems much more difficult today than the weekend. 
    edited July 2020
    "hmmmmm must be user error"

There's also pennants, upgrades, etc to consider. I need to work on my upgrades.
    And I also commit too many user errors.

I finally won. I finished with Wong, Ruth, Engel, Schwarber and Bote. I almost spent the 80 gold to reuse Engel on 5.10 but Bote won easily despite beginning with both skills turned off (HOT/RISP). God, I need to work on my upgrades.

I then pulled Chance Sisco. I hope he will be a bonus player for the BG event tomorrow.
    Yeah, that would be me.  Still have a few minutes before the timer resets....but now this?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Isn't the pitcher we pay real money for always a bonus guy on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?  I'm never going to pay for another pitcher if we're only going to be able to use him for one event.  That's nuts -- spent $20 on Wainwright and he was only good for yesterday. Tagging @DFBB and @dustyhunksbecause you guys usually are on top of the trends.  Maybe I'm wrong. 
    That has been the pattern this year, but as I've learned the hard way, there isn't a pattern with Glu. Sorry man.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    What warning?
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    "hmmmmm must be user error"

There's also pennants, upgrades, etc to consider. I need to work on my upgrades.
    And I also commit too many user errors.

I do have pennants at 45 for both and upgrades at 80 for platinum, maybe that makes a bigger difference than we figured

So much for trying Engel at 5.10.  I’m so pissed.