How far off TSB19 we really are

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
I get that things change year to year, and you can't expect anything.  But we are sooooo far behind '19 it's ridiculous.  Pictured is a Fan Rewards tower from July of last year.  Also pictured is the July '19 VIP gift.  Let's see how tomorrow stacks up.

Comments

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I actually miss the POTM, way more useful than POTW.  
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I actually think we are almost on par in terms of overalls.  The big difference in the xp squeeze. Hopefully once baseball starts it turns around.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I actually think we are almost on par in terms of overalls.  The big difference in the xp squeeze. Hopefully once baseball starts it turns around.
    Yeah, the overalls are even.  The Xp is a killer though.  35k gold last year was a guaranteed 40k pxp. This year on fan rewards 35k only guarantees 1/2 that.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    It's the resource squeeze that is pissing everyone off.  Getting 500 PXP for beating HOF is absurd
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I wonder if the reason for that squeeze is the difference in repull exp.  Primes use the same system for repull exp as bxp now.  I'm in plat so I haven't really cared about primes to this point because the bxp guys still do quite well for me.
    I'd like to see what the Field Pass milestones looked like a year ago.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Field Pass didn’t come around until late July/August if I remember correctly.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    The XP squeeze is just insane. That's the pure definition of greed. Why do that to your customers?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Look at that, an actual player for the 5k gold fan rewards. To be honest they screwed me little by little to the point where I didnt know how good I used to have it. Bravo gluchebags
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The XP squeeze is just insane. That's the pure definition of greed. Why do that to your customers?
    Is this a serious question? It’s to make money. They decided last year that giving bonus players more easily but then squeeze you on resources was the best way to make money. 

I would go diamond if I thought I could do it without spending a fortune. The resource squeeze makes that impossible for me. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    It really depends on how you look at it.   For most, primes arent necessarily essential to how you play the game.

And also in terms of pace, the bxp guys which are obviously easier are much more usable now then they were at this time last year.   
    The pic above shows an overall 340 in FR and it topped out 350 till towards the end of the year.    They've already hit 360 which is an improvement.

Yea pxp isnt as avaiable but also it is in cvc which didnt happen last year.    I think in terms of WOH (which is what most seem to care about)then yea the pace is alto further behind.   Ill admit, its stale for me in its current form and annoying that you are not even guaranteed a player anymore.

I think what we need to remember is every year is vastly different then the year before and its often useless to compare the two.
    Metsicans said:
    Is this a serious question? It’s to make money. They decided last year that giving bonus players more easily but then squeeze you on resources was the best way to make money. 

I would go diamond if I thought I could do it without spending a fortune. The resource squeeze makes that impossible for me. 
    No idea when primes will come to walk off, hopefully soon.   But you can argue that with the duplicate prime XP and the ability to cycle WOH easier at diamond, that it might actually be easier to obtain and level guys at diamond.    However I will have to wait till thats available so a true comparison can be done.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:

If you value club points, you will need a heavy investment in time and/or money. If you don't value club points or 'need' the newest prime/legend, then it's not bad at all.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Millecors said:
    I get that things change year to year, and you can't expect anything.  But we are sooooo far behind '19 it's ridiculous.  Pictured is a Fan Rewards tower from July of last year.  Also pictured is the July '19 VIP gift.  Let's see how tomorrow stacks up.
    I think you could argue that the current fan reward setup is as good or better. Although this picture makes it look more appealing, for 60k you’re guranteed 40k pxp, 1 prime player(assuming lower tier prime 380 vs 400) and a lower tier bxp player 2x. Whereas now for 60k you are guaranteed 43k pxp(with a chance for more in the 15k and 20k box), a 2nd tier bxp player and multiple boxes etc. it definitely feels like they could offer more, but truthfully I don’t think it’s much different, if they made the gurantee now a prime maybe it’s better but I don’t see many people capping fan reward primes and stuff because they are often less than the top primes. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Millecors said:
    I think you could argue that the current fan reward setup is as good or better. Although this picture makes it look more appealing, for 60k you’re guranteed 40k pxp, 1 prime player(assuming lower tier prime 380 vs 400) and a lower tier bxp player 2x. Whereas now for 60k you are guaranteed 43k pxp(with a chance for more in the 15k and 20k box), a 2nd tier bxp player and multiple boxes etc. it definitely feels like they could offer more, but truthfully I don’t think it’s much different, if they made the gurantee now a prime maybe it’s better but I don’t see many people capping fan reward primes and stuff because they are often less than the top primes. 
    I agree with this.  I think the 20 Fan Rewards system is vastly improved
    @jalapenocubbies I am more concerned with the pxp than the player.  Last year for 35k gold you were guaranteed 40k pxp.  This year, like you said, 60k gold guarantees you 43k.  Nevermind the "chance for more", because the chance odds are you'll get pennants or bxp.  Last year you got far more guaranteed than you have a "chance for" this year.  By a lot.
    I definitely prefer fan rewards this year.   When it used to reset at 10k that was huge when I first went diamond because of the all the "free" boxes I was able to get.
    You guys are crazy if you think this year is better.  I'd much rather get 40k pxp AND 45k bxp for 35k gold, not to mention the tier 1-5 rewards.  Come on, this is simple math.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Millecors said:
    You guys are crazy if you think this year is better.  I'd much rather get 40k pxp AND 45k bxp for 35k gold, not to mention the tier 1-5 rewards.  Come on, this is simple math.
    Agree 100%.  Just silly to think otherwise imo 🙃 
    Everyone always trying twist or justify changes made say they are comparably the same etc.
    You can polish a turd 💩 but at the end of the day it’s still a turd 💩  
    Millecors said:

The math was already explained.   I am not really sure what to tell you.  

Millecors said:
    Where do you see 40k and 45k pxp got 35k. For me right now with my allstart tickets I would be guranteed around 35k pxp for 40k gold, not including if I pulled the 7.5k 2x or the additional 10.5k from 20k. So there is a chance to get more. Not to mention the first few tiers up to 2500 right now are better than they were at this time last year with the extra boxes. My point is it’s not that much different, and could be better if you hit pxp in the other boxes, and actually has more value the more you spend. 
    Millecors said:
    Where do you see 40k and 45k pxp got 35k. For me right now with my allstart tickets I would be guranteed around 35k pxp for 40k gold, not including if I pulled the 7.5k 2x or the additional 10.5k from 20k. So there is a chance to get more. Not to mention the first few tiers up to 2500 right now are better than they were at this time last year with the extra boxes. My point is it’s not that much different, and could be better if you hit pxp in the other boxes, and actually has more value the more you spend. 
    What I said was guaranteed 40k Pxp and 45k Bxp for 35k gold.  It's right there.  We can agree to disagree.  To me last year you got a lot more bang for your buck at this point in the season.
    Millecors said:

You don't need to tell me anything.   The math is apparently too difficult for some.  I don't know what to tell you.
    Millecors said:
    Millecors said:

You don't need to tell me anything.   The math is apparently too difficult for some.  I don't know what to tell you.
    If Fan rewards end at 35k spent then yes you are right. But after that the new setup has more value. If you don’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you. 
    🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️