Throttling scores !!!

Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
edited July 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I put this query to the forum to share their experiences and opinions about this feature in TSB20. I have experienced it on multiple occasions that despite having a superior team strength with 2 Bonus players I have lower scores in CVC/Target Bash, both in manual & autoplay mode. I have discussed this with my mate who has a lower team strength and no bonus players, yet who outscores me. I believe TSB app developers purposely throttle scores for some players to give an illusion to other players that it's their game-play that is enabling them the high scores and wins, while in fact it's the app that is controlling all the scoring. Opinions welcome except for those on GLU payroll.

Comments

• Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I beg to differ because on certain days I am able to consistently post 600k scores while on other days 50k is a luxury. Manual skills wouldn't change so drastically on a day to day basis.

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Bash is definitely skill based - no question. AND Yes, manual skills can change on a day to day basis, also the pitches can be slower/faster and change pace more/less often on different days. Regarding CVC, I actually believe it depends on the club matchup and who from the club is playing in that matchup and how many pennants they have (the algo will give precedent to players with greater pennants over players with less pennants). Also, remember that they recently raised the overalls of the pitchers in CVC, making it much more difficult for everyone who is not platinum/diamond (heck, even at platinum, I am not able to go as long as I used too).
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    edited July 2020
    If your bash score stink it’s almost 100% user error, that’s the reality whether you want to believe it or not. In regards to cvc, just because you have bonus players doesn’t mean you will do better. For example, replacing a 360 player who may have better skills for a lesser player with worse skills despite being a bonus player, will actually hurt you more than it will help you in cvc. Upgrades will helps and while there is no proof of it I think pennants help as wel although that could just be an opinion. Cvc is just weird in general. I’ll go from having a round of 10k to 10-15 million on another. Doesn’t make much sense. 
    edited July 2020
    So basically today being one of those downturn events where no matter what I can't score to save my life I should just shutdown the app and engage in some fruitful activities.No problemo. Good advise for anybody having the same problem. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Bash is all based on manually playing like he said. Those same guys that can score 200m round entries also autoplay 100k entries with all the same players. CvC varies with many different factors to consider.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Ak472019 said:
    So basically today being one of those downturn events where no matter what I can't score to save my life I should just shutdown the app and engage in some fruitful activities.No problemo. Good advise for anybody having the same problem. 
    If that’s what you feel you need to do sure. But bash is 100% manual scoring. If you auto your scores will suck plain and simple. CvC is a mystery but assuming just because you have a bonus player will make a difference isn’t always true. Overall player, skills, pennants, righty vs lefty all matters regardless if someone gives a multiplier or not, 
    edited July 2020
    80% of the time I score manually and score 600k+ each round in Bash events without bonus players. So its not a question of skill.  I have been playing this app for a couple of years. Pennant/ Upgrade wise my team is nearly maxed out. So I don't believe it has anything to do with how well I play or not the result is predetermined for certain days/events and that is a fact like it or not.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    600k bash round isnt much to be honest. Not trying to be a di.k or anything. Are you silver by any chance?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    I will say that they have nerfed players a bit in bash even with the 40 edge boost capped players are struggling to barely get over 600 even higher power guys but it’s just something I’ve noticed the past few weeks, just my opinion 🤷🏽‍♂️
    edited July 2020
    90k Silver. I could have leveled up to Gold in May but am trying to collect pennants. Going by TSB19 experience, gold season games are practically unplayable losing 60% of the time unless you are willing to spend mucho dineiros to acquire players. Also what I was able to achieve with 60k team in TSB19 I can't with a 90k team in TSB20. 
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    All my players are G10, my best is Correa at 372 hitting and my worst is Gallo at 313 including the skills and boost against a Doolittle at 126 stuff. I couldn't get anything going. I can score 150k with no bonus in Extra Bases and never went over 150k today in CVC. 
    We are all beta testers
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    All my players are G10, my best is Correa at 372 hitting and my worst is Gallo at 313 including the skills and boost against a Doolittle at 126 stuff. I couldn't get anything going. I can score 150k with no bonus in Extra Bases and never went over 150k today in CVC. 
    What are your pennants at?
  • H2BZH2BZ Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    On target bash I noticed that they bonus isn't jumping like it was before. On the longer home runs it was going up 11, now it happens less often. Now it is going up by 5. The threshold of distance for the higher bonus jump changed. It takes more homers to build up the bonus now.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    TB scoring has not changed. 
    >550 ft = 20 multiplier
    >450 but <549 = 11 multiplier

Im not quite sure the distances for 5,3, or 2 because in Diamond, I never hit those.