Wow these boxes suck

likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
Got Straw and Higashikoa in my pity boxes. 

Comments

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited July 2020
    the skills on the BXP players are pretty awful, been like this for a while now... not sure if this is on purpose or just ignorance. The earlier 350's in the game had much better skills and power ratings, which makes no sense to me (maybe to make the primes look better). Either way, was planning on spending a lot of gold this weekend, now its easy not too.

Also, the 250 gold boxes have 80% chance of XP, don't be surprised if you go to the counter every time.
    CORRECTION: 85% chance of XP
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I think the initial 345 and 350 releases had appealing skills, and ended up with longer shelf lives than GLU was anticipating.  That is why the skills have regressed to this hot mess.

The nerfed power probably has to do with TB and HR battles, in the same vein as the skills.

Is 345 Freddie Freeman the last bxp player with a B1 power of 100, or better?
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I'm considering it a blessing in disguise. Now I can stick with my original plan of going all-in next weekend for my diamond push. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Tdub71 said:
    I think the initial 345 and 350 releases had appealing skills, and ended up with longer shelf lives than GLU was anticipating.  That is why the skills have regressed to this hot mess.

The nerfed power probably has to do with TB and HR battles, in the same vein as the skills.

Is 345 Freddie Freeman the last bxp player with a B1 power of 100, or better?
    Well, that is unwise of Glu, because now they are extending the shelf lives of those players even LONGER. 
    No, Schwarber has +100 B1 power, and now Correa does as well - I have all 3 (Correa in the gift box). Power is actually quite important for every game mode, usually makes the difference between a fly out and a home run. My higher power guys always have better OPS/BA's then guys with better hit ratings and low power/high speed.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited July 2020
    anyone attacking the “July 4 hotdog and taters box”? Guaranteed player. Seems like a good way to trade gold for BXP at a good rate if you buy a bunch of boxes. 

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @iratepirate - I was able to take advantage of this deal before they put the box limit on it.  I leveled each guy to P10 and then repulled them to D10 - made about 19K XP on all subsequent D10 repulls.  I netted about 2.5 million XP - so I'd say its the best XP generating box of the year.  Note that the current 20 box limit has been resetting everyday, not sure at what time.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Is that box gone for good now?  I don't see it in the store.  I was using that bad boy like a Mo'Fo.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    Damn, I didn’t have to the balls to go for it, because I was afraid it was too good to be true somehow. 
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @iratepirate - I was able to take advantage of this deal before they put the box limit on it.  I leveled each guy to P10 and then repulled them to D10 - made about 19K XP on all subsequent D10 repulls.  I netted about 2.5 million XP - so I'd say its the best XP generating box of the year.  Note that the current 20 box limit has been resetting everyday, not sure at what time.
    I was bummed I missed out on the pre-limit version...but I still got 3 capped Diamond players and a net gain of about 750k xp from these boxes, so I’m not complaining...just some slight sulking 😂
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I had the 20/20 then right after I finished a d6 cycle they were gone...but I did hit them real hard before the 20 purchase limit...would have been nice to get 20 more and cap my mylegend tomorrow
    edited July 2020
    They had a second  20/20 for those boxes last night too, so I hope you didn’t miss that one.
    I’m hoping they do it sometime again today...can’t beat the ROI of almost 400k xp for 6k gold.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    They had a second  20/20 for those boxes last night too, so I hope you didn’t miss that one.
    I’m hoping they do it sometime again today...can’t beat the ROI of almost 400k xp for 6k gold.
    And those guys are actually useful too.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB  Especially liking Hendriks...very nice stuff rating and he’s been lights out so far 😁
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    At first I thought GLU had messed up and that the box was only supposed to be a one time gift, I couldn't believe that for only 300 gold you had a 100% chance of getting a 355 max player.  I wanted to say something about it on here, but I wasn't about to post anything and get roasted like the guy a few days ago who started a thread about POTW's max overalls. That was a sh*t show. lol
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Lol...yeah...best to talk about things like that on line
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I focused my chase this weekend on Pedroia.  42 box buys, plus all the freebies, 0 Pedroias.  0 primes (except for Verdugo, of course).  Hendricks has been a nice consolation prize, though.  He has been the only player I put any xp into.  Hoped for a little better luck on VIP/double-gold weekend, but what ya gonna do? 🤷‍♂️

Edit: 50 buys now.  Still nada...  I surrender.
  • SynisterSynister Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    It takes talent to go 0-for-25.  Any math wizards have the % chances for this?  I'm sure it will come close to Glu's published odds...