7/6 WOH

JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts

Prev13

Comments

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    edited July 2020
    🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻Hoping WOH rewards get upgraded...changed before the event actually starts. If not, then GLU is just milking their cows 🐄 which is fun for no one. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Last year at this time America was great, now it’s a dumpster fire on the precipice of a civil war. Things change bro...get used to it. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The WOH reward 2 weeks ago was much better (Schwarber double RHP skill 350). He was listed as a 340 Max until maybe 20-30 minutes before the event started though.  I really thought they would have at least made the top reward a 355 Max with the bumps this weekend, but I guess we’ll just have to wait. With this weekend’s boxes, I don’t think this Kyle Lewis will make anyone’s team at this point. 
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    The skills are good but you need to boost the rating to 360 make give it a chance of being relevant. The only use is farming XP and going straight into the trade-in Wednesday morning.
    We are all beta testers
    Prime player would be awesome for sure.
    We are all beta testers
    I don’t like farming XP on Mondays because of the ridiculously high autoplay costs. If it’s a good player, I’ll do it, but not after getting 3 Max 355 outfielders this weekend. 
    I don’t like farming XP on Mondays because of the ridiculously high autoplay costs. If it’s a good player, I’ll do it, but not after getting 3 Max 355 outfielders this weekend. 
    Costs skyrocket compared to last year (sims wise) and players have no value = “we’ve killed WOH”. Grinding and time are no longer rewarded. 19 WOH was maybe too easy compared to 18 but at least it was fun. WOH is 20 has only been fun a couple of times. 
    So what's reasonnable 360, 365 or Prime 380?
    We are all beta testers
    I think 360 is more than reasonable. 350 just doesn’t cut it right now.
    He was just updated to 355... there is still 50 minutes left to make it a better proposition for the players
    We are all beta testers
    Maybe the will bump it to 360 at 11:30 and 365 for the event start.
    We are all beta testers

I agree 360 seems more reasonable. 355 is still use for a couple of days and dump on Wednesday. Which wouldn’t be terrible IF costs were down. 
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    edited July 2020
     WOW! 355 RH OUTFIELDER?  NO one needs him on their rooster.  !!! Glu fix this utter WOH. You are losing customers on a once solid game...This is embarrassing! 3  400 Primes this weekend and a regular 355 .  Seriously!!!  Ok was,350?
    Come on, give it a last push to make it to 360 so I can dump Canha Hot Dog with extra mustard instead. 
    We are all beta testers
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    25Jackie said:
     WOW! 350 RH OUTFIELDER?  NO one needs him on their rooster.  !!! Glu fix this utter WOH. You are losing customers on a once solid game...This is embarrassing! 3  400 Primes this weekend and a regular 350 .  Seriously!!! 
    It's a free player. You should thank Glu. Stop expecting the game to be like last year or even 18 where Woh was great for resources. This is a new game. Woh sucks now. It is what it is. Rather than cry like a baby about it go and do something else. 

It's not ideal but as long as you have guys to score points to slowplay for stat bonus / multiplier for the weekend. That's all that matters. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    What a shame.  Guess I'll be taking my shiny new Brantley for 1 test drive through and that's it.  No way is this even remotely worth more than that. No field pass either.  My time on the app will be less than 30 minutes. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2020
    @spoc84

I’d prefer if you’d leave and go do something other than anything on these forums.  Between you and @trojanman999 lately, I’ve been getting the urge to pimp smack some bitches!

We understand the game is different this year, but it doesn’t mean we’re ok with Glu taking the hands down, consensus favorite event of the game and turning it into trash most weeks.  Do you understand that?
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    25Jackie said:
     WOW! 350 RH OUTFIELDER?  NO one needs him on their rooster.  !!! Glu fix this utter WOH. You are losing customers on a once solid game...This is embarrassing! 3  400 Primes this weekend and a regular 350 .  Seriously!!! 
    It's a free player. You should thank Glu. Stop expecting the game to be like last year or even 18 where Woh was great for resources. This is a new game. Woh sucks now. It is what it is. Rather than cry like a baby about it go and do something else. 

It's not ideal but as long as you have guys to score points to slowplay for stat bonus / multiplier for the weekend. That's all that matters. 

Man, I defended your point in the other thread, but maybe dial it down a notch.  You're abrasive posts aren't appealing to anyone. 

• RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Millecors said:
    What a shame.  Guess I'll be taking my shiny new Brantley for 1 test drive through and that's it.  No way is this even remotely worth more than that. No field pass either.  My time on the app will be less than 30 minutes. 
    This was exactly my reaction.  I am looking forward to taking Brantley and Correa for a spin, though.
    Woh is still the same. You cycle. You get a free player (unless your team really sucks) and you can stack XP by repulling. What's not to like?

You sound really entitled to what you want. For little effort.

My club and many others love Mondays. Slowplaying for points to try and get the stat bonus or multiplier for the weekend. I cycle because of that and scoring club points and helping my team mates. 

Not because I feel entitled to a prime player like I see some people saying. 

I will get 2 primes today from the boxes. I don't expect Glu to give me one got free.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    25Jackie said:
    It's a free player. 
    That’s the thing.   It’s not a free player anymore. It’s 80% chance at a player.   That’s where they’ve kinda lost me with this event.   Even tho the player as always been behind the curve, it was still fun enough for me to cycle cap a new player and gain resources.   But they’ve killed that too which has kinda killed the event for me 
    spoc84 said:
    Woh is still the same. You cycle. You get a free player (unless your team really sucks) and you can stack XP by repulling. What's not to like?

My club and many others love Mondays. Slowplaying for points to try and get the stat bonus or multiplier for the weekend. I cycle because of that and scoring club points and helping my team mates. 

I will get 2 primes today from the boxes. I don't expect Glu to give me one got free.
    See, this is the type of post that contributes well to this forum.  While I still disagree with some of it, you make good points here.  I just think it’s weak that Lewis has literally the same hit/power ratings (different, slightly better skills) as Canha, who is already owned by most of the teams that can cycle WoH.

We’d just like the WoH reward to be relevant to our team for more than 2 days, which sometimes it’s only one day, when you combine the weak max overall of the player with the ridiculous player combinations needed for bonus sets every event now.
    @uwjnhaduihduiowa

So was Moen, but he was still a pain in the ass, lol.
    Completely agree with you @Mattattack. The player is not free. 
    spoc84 said:
    25Jackie said:
    It's a free player. 
    That’s the thing.   It’s not a free player anymore. It’s 80% chance at a player.   That’s where they’ve kinda lost me with this event.   Even tho the player as always been behind the curve, it was still fun enough for me to cycle cap a new player and gain resources.   But they’ve killed that too which has kinda killed the event for me 
    C'mon dude, it's 80% you tell me you can't get the free player if you want to? I'm sure anyone here can cycle enough to make that a guarantee.

Not even being patronising. 

Look I understand some of you guys like Woh, but some teams built stud teams last season just off Woh. Glu are wise to that. You spend to build a stud team. It will never be like it was where you can cycle cap a prime or legend easily.

They are here to make money. We all have a choice. If I don't like something I won't play. I don't usually play Tuesday and weds because the acolades to me don't make it worthwhile. To others that might be dumb. But for me and my club if the acolades are worthless we don't play. 

There is no right or wrong way to play the game. But we all have to accept spend to be relevant. If you don't want to, just be free to play and don't cry about it just be grateful for the free gifts you get.
    spoc84 said:

See, this is the type of post that contributes well to this forum.  While I still disagree with some of it, you make good points here.  I just think it’s weak that Lewis has literally the same hit/power ratings (different, slightly better skills) as Canha, who is already owned by most of the teams that can cycle WoH.

We’d just like the WoH reward to be relevant to our team for more than 2 days, which sometimes it’s only one day, when you combine the weak max overall of the player with the ridiculous player combinations needed for bonus sets every event now.
    Look man I agree. Be nice if the Woh guy was relevant for more than a few days. But no player has a shelf life of much more than that, why should the Woh guy be any different? If anything he should be less relevant than primes I have to spend a lot of real money to get. 

That's just my view. Just because others don't agree with it doesn't make what I believe wrong or me a troll.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Meh, a 355 guy, which is now a Fifth-tier guy (400, 390, 380, 365, 355) for double the price of sims last year?  I'll pass. GLU was handing out 355 guys this weekend in free boxes like candy.

I really feel for the guys who blew 40K+ gold getting Brantley for this. Yikes.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@spoc84

I understand what you’re saying and I don’t tjink you’re automatically wrong.  I just believe they should make the WoH reward either a top of curve or close to it bxp player (360/365) or low end of Prime (380).  Obviously, if they would have done either of those things, they could have increased the difficulty and it would have been fair.

Instead, we get the tanner version of Mark Canha at the same position that was just flooded with easily obtainable 355s over the weekend.  At least make it someone for one of the infield positions or SOMETHING to not leave it tasting like a stale saltine cracker in our mouths.
    @spoc84

I understand what you’re saying and I don’t tjink you’re automatically wrong.  I just believe they should make the WoH reward either a top of curve or close to it bxp player (360/365) or low end of Prime (380).  Obviously, if they would have done either of those things, they could have increased the difficulty and it would have been fair.

Instead, we get the tanner version of Mark Canha at the same position that was just flooded with easily obtainable 355s over the weekend.  At least make it someone for one of the infield positions or SOMETHING to not leave it tasting like a stale saltine cracker in our mouths.
    I understand what you saying. But the only desirable things are going to be in the boxes for gold or real cash.

That is the new way the game is going. We have to stop comparing things to times past or what we expect. 

It's still a very easily attainable player for totally free. I can't imagine anyone who comes on these forums (which means they are keen on the game) doesn't know how to best Woh for nothing. Or maybe at most a video boost on the last level. 

Woh for a lot of clubs and the guys who spend, is about the acolade for the club. So the best players are always going to require my gold or money to get.