Keeper and My Legend bumps

Comments

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    BUMP! 300 now
  • Bobbysc07Bobbysc07 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Nice! Thanks for the info.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Are we due for a keeper and ML boost soon? 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Are we due for a keeper and ML boost soon? 
    I was wondering the same thing. It has been a while...
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It depends if they want to set them off the BXPs or the Primes. Definitely need a bump if they use the Primes as a model. Last year a max Keeper from 18 stayed around 6% off of the best players.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I’m thinking we get a nice boost for them on Monday...maybe up to max 380 (for max 600 players) or so.  Don’t feel like doing math to figure out the keeper factor, even though it’s America’s birthday and we love to complicate the math (see: not using the metric system).
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Be surprised if anything happens during the weekend.   Hopefully next week 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited July 2020
    A bump to 380 would be nice!

• GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I would expect 348 or 354 pretty soon. 380 is unrealistic. 
    We are all beta testers
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I would expect 348 or 354 pretty soon. 380 is unrealistic. 
    I realized after my post, that in my head I meant a bump to make keepers hit ratings similar to the 380 Primes, but forgot to come correct it, lol.  I guess that would be about 360 for the keepers or so.  After seeing the garbage WoH reward today, I’m much less optimistic.  May have just gained many hours to my Monday though.
    It’s time for a bump to a .6 multiplier. Keepers and Legends have fallen way behind.
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    That's true but some will be a bit overpowered? I have Wagner. Although he sucks for all modes if they make it too high his hitting will be above primes? I think they made the players too good at the end of last season that bumping keepers top much will overpower them. Hoyt as well. i mean honestly he's only 342 and his stuff is already insane. They bump him and then he's better even than Cole. They put themselves in a tough spot.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited July 2020
    @spoc84 Re: hoyt being better than Cole....Cole isn't great by any stretch. He's just boosted if you will as his higher max allows. They have done nothing amazing with pitchers as far as ratings go outside of Chapman and now Buttrey, but if you have those guys and have witnessed they aren't stoppers due to both team pool in bg and tourney and whatever else Glu intervention goes on to slow d6 cycles/tappers with defeats. In my experience both upgrades and pennants play a more important role with the difficulty of matchups we now face compared to 19. It may actually be the same in 19 (I wouldn't be surprised as this seems like a straight code-rip of a game rife with same bugs) but we just never knew cause games were so easy to win. Like when they changed pitcher levels from D1 to D5 then settled on D3 in WOH. Blowouts were viable skills or so we thought. Issue was the D1 pitchers masked what was really going on which is most likely those skills turn off when the crtiteria for their activation is exhausted.

Keeper bats need to be at where 365 bxp guys are for now and then slowly fall a little behind as that iteration of player gets better before the next bump. Problem is that Hoyt inherently is OP even in 19 form. My guess would be we see smaller incremental boosts over a shorter period of time as the bxp players improve and not a large game-breaking one this week.

Edit: FYI, a 2% boost puts Hoyt's stuff at 435. Less than Cole and better than Buttrey and Chapman. The problem I have with a 2% boost however is I don't believe it makes Brett or Cruz as good as 365 guys currently which is where I think they belong for a short while.
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    Cole is lights out . Mostly tournies. How can you say Cole  is  not really that good? I can't take anything else you say seriously after reading that bit lol  
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited July 2020
    spoc84 said:
    Cole is lights out . Mostly tournies. How can you say Cole  is  not really that good? I can't take anything else you say seriously after reading that bit lol  

He didn't say hes not good, he said he's not THAT good, and I agree. Arm rate too low, had to be expected as an early 400 SP. His 21.3 K/9 is not impressive, my 385 Buttrey has a 25.3 K/9 rate, mostly from tourneys too
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Exactly, that BABIP tells me he's not missing many bats whereas Buttrey and even Chapman do (they're BABIP is considerably higher). This was same in 19 though it's tough to compare pitching between the two for reasons I stated earlier. The indicator, IMO, is arm > ctl and stuff > arm. Look at BABIP of any pitcher in 19 with that criteria and you can see why they have success (Buttrey and Chapman follow this logic as well). Though not great Junis has that formula and relatively 'better' numbers than any 350 pitcher I have.
    Hoyt is broken stuff wise.   Still not sure how that happened and yes I am salty  :#
     Bottom line is you put a .6 multiplier on 600 and you get 360, which puts them below the best BXP players.
    Keepers are falling way behind the curve. We ought to be due for a bump don't y'all say?
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Keepers are falling way behind the curve. We ought to be due for a bump don't y'all say?
    absolutely, no question they are overdue
    Sad to say but unless they get xfactors they are always gonna be behind the curve.  
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    They have never been intended to be the absolute best players in the game. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Up until the xfactors, they were the top guys for me. Now, they're inactive. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    agreed, i am honestly suprised how good they were up until xfactors.   It was a great run
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I have keepers Brett and Berra capped with 15/15 skills. I was planning on saving gold to level them to 20/20. Do you think it would be wise to do so now that there is an x-factor skill? FWIW, My Legend is my highest rated bat for WOH capped with 20/20 skills. 
    Still useful players in my opinion.

True, but still due for a bump none the less.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020
    DFBB said:
    I have keepers Brett and Berra capped with 15/15 skills. I was planning on saving gold to level them to 20/20. Do you think it would be wise to do so now that there is an x-factor skill? FWIW, My Legend is my highest rated bat for WOH capped with 20/20 skills. 
    There are some on this forum who are real proponents of the x-factor skills. I am not one of them, they only offer the benefit of a single mode being boosted by 1-10% maximum (unless you are ready to shell out an ever growing amount of gold to constantly change them). On top of that, I have found that it doesn't even help my player's batting average (for instance, my double HH, 450 max Realmuto with 12/12 skills and 7% bonus game x factor has a worse batting average than my 440 max Juan Soto with RHP/Blowout with skills at 9/9). Your keepers are strong, I would invest in them - you will have them for the rest of the season.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I have my keeper bats at 20/20. I want my gold back! To be clear, I wouldn't advise it. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I can definitely see both sides to this keepers vs. x-factor's. My Polonco x-factor is a beast so is the Rizzo x-factor and on the other side my Ruth is actually batting a couple points higher then 2019. He was leveled to S10 as he is now. Never expected that. Brett has let me down in WoH at times but has come through at times as well. He's also been streaky in other modes as well. Ruth has definitely been a cornerstone in my lineup in 2020. The biggest failure so far is Sabo wished I never leveled him up. I have kept his skills low because I hate his skill set but as things are going right now he maybe the only legend I get because I am not chasing with these rigged boxes.