7/6 WOH

Comments

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Is not all about the players rating.  Just having ANY prime as the reward would be a win.  Throw a 300 prime in there.  For those that can cycle it would be all about the repulls/pxp farming.
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Is not all about the players rating.  Just having ANY prime as the reward would be a win.  Throw a 300 prime in there.  For those that can cycle it would be all about the repulls/pxp farming.
    Again you are asking Glu to give you a premium commodity (pxp) for free.

Why would they do that? They should be almost impossible to level right now at this stage of the game. And if you want to. Spend money. I spent probably 1000 bucks just in pxp bundles alone in the last few weeks. 

Why should glu reward it for free?

You need pxp to compete at the top level. They know us guys like that are going to buy it.

It's business.  
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @spoc84

Fair enough...I respect that perspective.  I don’t care much about placing in events because the rewards for that aren’t worth it, for me.

I guess it bothers me more than anything that a few weeks ago the WoH reward gave us a guaranteed player - Adames (not good, not terrible) and Schwarber (near top of bxp curve hit/power ratings with great skills).  It still took me 11 or 12 cycles before I got Schwarber, but it made the chase fun and re-pulling Adames over and over was still more valuable than pulling 1k pxp, again, for me.

Since then, they’ve taken away the guaranteed chance at a player, messed up the odds at getting Perez last week, and now given us basically the same exact player most of us have from the weekend.

If the box were something like the Adames/Schwarber box, with 340/355 players in it, even that would be acceptable for me.  The current reward box makes me want to just do a few cycles, then play tourneys all day.
    @spoc84

Fair enough...I respect that perspective.  I don’t care much about placing in events because the rewards for that aren’t worth it, for me.

I guess it bothers me more than anything that a few weeks ago the WoH reward gave us a guaranteed player - Adames (not good, not terrible) and Schwarber (near top of bxp curve hit/power ratings with great skills).  It still took me 11 or 12 cycles before I got Schwarber, but it made the chase fun and re-pulling Adames over and over was still more valuable than pulling 1k pxp, again, for me.

Since then, they’ve taken away the guaranteed chance at a player, messed up the odds at getting Perez last week, and now given us basically the same exact player most of us have from the weekend.

If the box were something like the Adames/Schwarber box, with 340/355 players in it, even that would be acceptable for me.  The current reward box makes me want to just do a few cycles, then play tourneys all day.
    Guaranted player makes it too easy to farm XP to cycle cap. Honestly? I expect it to get to 50/50 in terms of player or XP at some point. So stop people who don't spend farming XP. 

I would have no problem with the 50/50, if the amount of pxp was worth it...like 4-5k, instead of 1k.  I’m not going to dedicate the many hours it takes to cycle 10+ times, for a little amount of pxp.  I mean, it takes 470k pxp to cap at Diamond with a 50% discount...half my day for basically 1/50 of that amount is so far away from worth it, lol.
    I would have no problem with the 50/50, if the amount of pxp was worth it...like 4-5k, instead of 1k.  I’m not going to dedicate the many hours it takes to cycle 10+ times, for a little amount of pxp.  I mean, it takes 470k pxp to cap at Diamond with a 50% discount...half my day for basically 1/50 of that amount is so far away from worth it, lol.
    For sure, you only gonna play Woh and cycle cap if it's doable. If its not you won't bother. That might lose a few medium level VIPs my tightening the noose on XP or pxp from cycle capping.

But most the top guys will still spend and buy pxp to cap the guys on a Monday so we can play with the gold multiplier which for us is the most important thing after the discount. 

If people play less on Mondays. Do they care? Probably not. They'll be back the next day and the top guys are spending no matter if you can cycle cap or not.

I might only play 3-4 cycles today. I'm just slow playing and using the big set on repeat for gold and big club points. 
    spoc84 said:
    Millecors said:

Why would they do that? They should be almost impossible to level right now at this stage of the game. And if you want to. Spend money. I spent probably 1000 bucks just in pxp bundles alone in the last few weeks. 

You need pxp to compete at the top level. They know us guys like that are going to buy it.

It's business.  
    It's not free.  You keep saying it's free.  My time isn't free.  People put time and effort into playing.  People also have to build a roster to be able to beat WOH.  Stop saying it's free, or how much $$$ you spend.  IDGAF what YOU do.  You're not impressing anyone, if anything it's showing you're an arrogant punk. 
    Millecors said:
    spoc84 said:
    Millecors said:

It's business.  
    It's not free.  You keep saying it's free.  My time isn't free.  People put time and effort into playing.  People also have to build a roster to be able to beat WOH.  Stop saying it's free, or how much $$$ you spend.  IDGAF what YOU do.  You're not impressing anyone, if anything it's showing you're an arrogant punk. 
    The player in Woh is free. Any guy can create a random team, do f2p and beat Woh. I can do it with my gold holder team that I have spent .99 for to get rid of the ads.

I'm not asking to be impressed with what I spend? Where have I said I want props for that? I have money to spend on the game but I work as hard as anyone on this forum goes for my money. I choose to give it to Glu. Am I dumb? Probably. But I love the game. 

Because my view doesn't agree with yours you resort to childish behaviour and throwing around insults? 

Feel sorry for you dude that you get so worked up over a game lol 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Guys, @spoc84 is obviously trying to rile us up. He's apparently a top 1% player so let him pay through his nose and be happy about it.  We don't need to engage him.   
    @spoc84 feel sorry for you that you spend thousand of bucks for prime xp... 
    Why are you sorry for me? Lol it's my money I can spend it how I want. 

I've spent money on worse things in my life than this game. And I work hard to my money. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

This is the second time you mentioned "worse things".

That's the part I keep coming back for. Tell me more, especially if it involves doing blow off a stripper's a$$.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

spoc84 said:
    @spoc84 feel sorry for you that you spend thousand of bucks for prime xp... 
    Why are you sorry for me? Lol it's my money I can spend it how I want. 

I've spent money on worse things in my life than this game. And I work hard to my money. 
    thats even sadder. don't know why you can't face the fact that you can't grind in a game and have to resort to spending money for pixels of primexp.. 
    Lol ok if you can tell me and many of the other guys who chase the gauntlet and keep the lights on for you guys, how to 'grind' for pxp , do enlighten us lol 
  • TheRealHitKing51TheRealHitKing51 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    If you are playing the game in your free time then it’s free :/.  Just accept the game for what it is. No ones forcing you to play. If you aren’t a 🐳 you can still take the top spots in events. Just need to be more strategic about it and take your shot when it comes.  I don’t have any prime players leveled yet. If I play a whale I take my lumps and accept that I’m not willing to spend that much money on this game. If you spend more money than me on a p2p/gotcha game then you should have a better team than mine. Your money your choice. 

As for the complaining about the prime odds. Sure it would be nice if they specifically said .5 for Brantley Compared to Chapman but 5% for a “prime player” wasn’t a lie.  Just wasn’t the prime player you wanted for your team. 

I’m in agreement that there are questionable tactics used in this game.  But at the same time if you are aware of these tactics and still choose to play and then complain. Aren’t you the one causing yourself grief?

This is the second time you mentioned "worse things".

That's the part I keep coming back for. Tell me more, especially if it involves doing blow off a stripper's a$$.

Drugs, women, once bought a speedboat I then gave away after about 3 days.

Life is one big waste of money. This game is no different. I enjoy it. So why not blow disposable income on it? 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    spoc84 said:
    25Jackie said:
     WOW! 350 RH OUTFIELDER?  NO one needs him on their rooster.  !!! Glu fix this utter WOH. You are losing customers on a once solid game...This is embarrassing! 3  400 Primes this weekend and a regular 350 .  Seriously!!! 
    It's a free player. 
    That’s the thing.   It’s not a free player anymore. It’s 80% chance at a player.   That’s where they’ve kinda lost me with this event.   Even tho the player as always been behind the curve, it was still fun enough for me to cycle cap a new player and gain resources.   But they’ve killed that too which has kinda killed the event for me 
    C'mon dude, it's 80% you tell me you can't get the free player if you want to? I'm sure anyone here can cycle enough to make that a guarantee.

Not even being patronising. 

Look I understand some of you guys like Woh, but some teams built stud teams last season just off Woh. Glu are wise to that. You spend to build a stud team. It will never be like it was where you can cycle cap a prime or legend easily.

They are here to make money. We all have a choice. If I don't like something I won't play. I don't usually play Tuesday and weds because the acolades to me don't make it worthwhile. To others that might be dumb. But for me and my club if the acolades are worthless we don't play. 

There is no right or wrong way to play the game. But we all have to accept spend to be relevant. If you don't want to, just be free to play and don't cry about it just be grateful for the free gifts you get.
    Cycled 6 times last week and got PXP everytime.   The previous weekend I got PXP 7 times my first 11 cycles.  Yes that’s rotten luck but the point is the player is not guaranteed.   There’s a difference 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Can’t we all just get along. 😁
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Well that's a good start. I'm listening if you ever want to share more. This is the content this forum needs.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Brantley is a beast.  Zero outs on Fiers and Gray.
    Wish I had gotten the Pxp.
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I have enjoyed reading the posts from @spoc84  It really helps me to understand things better from another perspective and is a whole lot more beneficial than the constant griping around here.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Guys, Spoc clearly works for Glu (even if he plays the game) - his new account has 26 posts and all of them defend Glu's existing actions against people complaining about legitimate issues on the forum. Don't bother engaging with him, he is just going to defend everything Glu does. Secondly, he is almost as ignorant as the lowly Glu employees who work on the tap game and aren't able to conceive a better growth strategy for the game beyond narrowing their focus to squeezing fiscally idiotic addicts like himself. It's too bad one of the mods won't ban him so we can continue with the conversations regarding our frustration with the game which we have had the last few months without having to listen to Glu employees like him intercede. 

Oh and Spoc, if you think that Glu is wise to orient the game only towards a select few stupid enough to spend thousands of dollars a month on the game, you are wrong. I guarantee there are plenty of individuals who could buy you out of the world rankings three times over, to the point where you wouldn't even have your ridiculous opinions anymore (if you weren't actually a Glu employee), except they choose not to waste money on a game that has become such a money grab, it fills the mouth with the ripe taste of fresh horse manure. Wealthy people don't throw money away, they spend it on good deals - or at least fair deals - otherwise they wouldn't be wealthy in the first place.  If Glu widened the appeal of the game by not making every single thing a money grab and instead choosing specific items where money brings value (even while still having special items for "whales"/employees like yourself), more average players would spend on the game and increase the game's revenue - look at one of Glu's other games called Design Home (mass appeal, all levels of users/spenders, fair system of purchasing, and significantly higher revenue than tap baseball). So, go to the atm and get your bottom dollar so you can buy your boxes today so you can win two boxes worth of gold by placing first in the event today. We don't need to hear from you any longer.
  • EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Hata said:
    So, back to the original intent of the thread.......

Anyone else finding this WOH more difficult?
    Past weeks I have been able to cycle Royale with relative ease. On Mondays I get through the first 4 tiers in about 15 minutes, and usually get stumped on 5.9,5.10.
    This past weekend my team went from 127k TS to 147k TS. I went from 1 D10 player to having 5 D10 players all 5 of which are at 8/8 skills and 3 of them are WOH specific skillsets, and I can't get past Fiers at 4.10 after the first hour.....
    Yes! I have been playing for two hours and have spent 420 gold and I’m still stuck on level 5!! Just used Correa on Chapman with an 80 gold boost and he hits into a double play and then grounds out!! Two pitches!!! Greedy bastards!
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Guys, Spoc clearly works for Glu (even if he plays the game) - his new account has 26 posts and all of them defend Glu's existing actions against people complaining about legitimate issues on the forum. Don't bother engaging with him, he is just going to defend everything Glu does. Secondly, he is almost as ignorant as the lowly Glu employees who work on the tap game and aren't able to conceive a better growth strategy for the game beyond narrowing their focus to squeezing fiscally idiotic addicts like himself. It's too bad one of the mods won't ban him so we can continue with the conversations regarding our frustration with the game which we have had the last few months without having to listen to Glu employees like him intercede. 

Oh and Spoc, if you think that Glu is wise to orient the game only towards a select few stupid enough to spend thousands of dollars a month on the game, you are wrong. I guarantee there are plenty of individuals who could buy you out of the world rankings three times over, to the point where you wouldn't even have your ridiculous opinions anymore (if you weren't actually a Glu employee), except they choose not to waste money on a game that has become such a money grab, it fills the mouth with the ripe taste of fresh horse manure. Wealthy people don't throw money away, they spend it on good deals - or at least fair deals - otherwise they wouldn't be wealthy in the first place.  If Glu widened the appeal of the game by not making every single thing a money grab and instead choosing specific items where money brings value (even while still having special items for "whales"/employees like yourself), more average players would spend on the game and increase the game's revenue - look at one of Glu's other games called Design Home (mass appeal, all levels of users/spenders, fair system of purchasing, and significantly higher revenue than tap baseball). So, go to the atm and get your bottom dollar so you can buy your boxes today so you can win two boxes worth of gold by placing first in the event today. We don't need to hear from you any longer.
    You’re a moron 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Lol I wish I worked for Glu. I wouldn't have spent so much money on a phone game. 

Not once have I said I like Glu. I don't like a lot of the shit they do. For example, I think they are dumb that they make the Tuesday and weds accolade so bad. I know guys who would spend a lot more if they made them good.

Because I spend money and don't share the same view of the world as others, I love how people just revert to flaming lol

Debate is good. I've not got many posts because I only just rediscovered the forums because I someone in my clubs line chat directed me here for the very useful charts thread.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Just want to add my 2 cents, not that anyone asked for it.  @spoc84 is my new favorite on this forum!  

That doesn’t mean that I like or agree with glu’s strategy, but he is spot on with his analysis.  The game isn’t designed to be f2p and it always blows my mind when f2p guys complain.  As for @Millecors rant, ahhhh glu doesn’t value your time bud, if you ain’t paying for the player then they are not profiting, thereby it creates no revenue (aka free).

Furthermore I agree with @d@drsmartassphd  more tales of debauchery are appreciated.  I mean, give the f2p guys something for the time they invest roasting you! 😂😂

P.S.  The only guy more entertaining on here was @glubot!!!

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Just want to add my 2 cents, not that anyone asked for it.  @spoc84 is my new favorite on this forum!  

That doesn’t mean that I like or agree with glu’s strategy, but he is spot on with his analysis.  The game isn’t designed to be f2p and it always blows my mind when f2p guys complain.  As for @Millecors rant, ahhhh glu doesn’t value your time bud, if you ain’t paying for the player then they are not profiting, thereby it creates no revenue (aka free).

Furthermore I agree with @d@drsmartassphd  more tales of debauchery are appreciated.  I mean, give the f2p guys something for the time they invest roasting you! 😂😂

P.S.  The only guy more entertaining on here was @glubot!!!

You call what I said as a rant?  🤣🤣🤣 have you not seen some of the short stories here?  And no, it's still not free.  I've spent quite a bit to build my team.  That's not free.  If someone has to use a gold boost to win, that's not free.  If you have dropped any $$$ into this game at all then it isn't free.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Can someone please post final 4 pitchers. 
    I have R,L,R,L and don’t think it’s correct. 
    Thx
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @More2Most2First thought they closed that thread and haven’t updated it in a while. Regardless, I was confused by my modified “subway tower” lol, so 😊 

Also per these WOH threads, would love to hear more tactical/strategic approaches to tricky pitchers, like swing early on slow stuff & late on fast ball or skip the first pitch on so and so because it always floats in on your hands. And please less whining self congratulatory droning that does not impress nor is it the least bit helpful.
    Btw @spoc84 et.al. Glu makes a pittance from pay to play whales compared to its advertising revenue stream.