When is enough ENOUGH for TSB users?

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
We’ve had a string of improperly coded boxes, and now it appears to be a common practice of making odds of player pulls as deceptive as possible?

When does this group finally demand transparency?  When does someone finally contact authorities to notify them that GLU is non-compliant with rulings on loot boxes and odds?

Prev1

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited July 2020
    For me it was about 6 weeks ago when my bracket got blown up by points for gifts guys, that was my last straw.  Fixed boxes and hired guns was too much for me, haven’t bought a box since! 😁😁

If they would fix either issue then I would resume playing.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    You doesn't care. I'm a whale and the whales don't care 😎

We just keep spending because we have more money than sense and always will. 

If the game is made easier then too clubs will have competition. We want to be able to spend and crush everyone . 

If we didn't have a huge advantage that our spending made us feel like we are the best, in this fake world, then we wouldn't spend.

No whales spending = no game. Be thankful we are still financing the game for you all .
  • NotTodayNotToday Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Spoc84= the new board heel.  Glu TSB entertainment at its best! Good stuff.  
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    hey @spoc84, Since you love to spend and be the best ive got an investment opportunity for you and your club!  You send me $300 in iTunes gift cards. I would join spend all that money of club offers and such. Get a bunch of bonus points. I think I’m like $300-$400 from VIP, so I help out your squad and you get me VIP...win win!! Haha
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @spoc84 may not be polite about it, but he’s actually right. The game only continues because the big spenders pay Glu’s bills. You can pity  him for spending that kind of money on this game, although it’s really not our business. But he’s exactly right. 
    Metsicans said:
    @spoc84 may not be polite about it, but he’s actually right. The game only continues because the big spenders pay Glu’s bills. You can pity  him for spending that kind of money on this game, although it’s really not our business. But he’s exactly right. 
    That is because the developers of this game have seriously screwed it up so bad they're the only ones left playibg
    That is not true my friend. There are 10s of thousands of active accounts. There is maybe a hundred or so of us top whales, who keep the lights on. There are then the glitches and smart players who compete in the top rankings with playing smart. 

But many of us can just spend and spend. Why shouldn't we be the top players? Why would I want a guy who is spending 10x less than me be able to compete with me in a gauntlet? 

I know I sound like an asshole but it's true.

This is why the players union didn't work.

Why the hell would I vote to 'strike' when I can afford to just keep spending? Why would I any to help medium spenders close the gap on me? 

Someone has to be at the top of the game, why shouldn't it be us who has disposable income to do so?

Nobody is making anyone here play. You choose to open the app every day. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I commend you on your douche bagness!
    Yo man, that is fair enough. I accept that.

But it's still the truth. Whether people like it or not. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    @spoc84: I ain't mad. You speak the truth. I prefer someone being blunt/honest than sugar coating what we already know. I also agree with your position as well. If I spent that much.....

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I will continue to spend on the game, which I really enjoy.

If I didn't like the game. I'll stop spending. Good luck replacing me. I'm probably worth 25+ regular VIPs.

I like the game caters for me. I also know other top guys in Glu, Sparta feel the same. Not everyone in those clubs do, there are some who work hard and have my respect at how much they grind. 

But ultimately the guys who can last the season week in, week out have deep pockets. I spent a lot of this game. But I have wasted money on way worse things in my life lol 

Glu has a very good business model in the sense guys like me will spend, provided the balance stays just about right. If a guy can grind and catch me in a gauntlet. Honestly I would stop spending. What would be the point? It's only a game, but we all like to be amongst the best , right? 

I do sound like a piece of shit. Having read that back. But I'm just being honest. 
    Someone is having fun. Lol It is good humor and will be entertaining when the curtain gets pulled back. Keep up the good work fella! 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    If you all want to feel better, imagine spending 10K on a mobile app. You don't want to be that guy.  Let the whales have their fun dropping money and you have fun playing at a lower level of the game.  Or quit.
    Hata said:
    Metsicans said:
    If you all want to feel better, imagine spending 10K on a mobile app. You don't want to be that guy.  Let the whales have their fun dropping money and you have fun playing at a lower level of the game.  Or quit.
    I went Diamond, that was a mistake. I'll grind out this year at Diamond, but I won't be coming back.

( I would LOVE to see a points/dollar spent ranking. Find out the real top clubs lol)
    Likely the same clubs. Top 5 in the clubs score insanely more points than anyone else. Many have medium VIPs as well. Which you get in top 10 clubs also. But the guys in Glu, Sparta who don't spend as much, really grinders/auto tappers.

All mobile games are the same. Spend to succeed. I don't know why people expect tap to be different. F2p guys always gonna be scrubs. They aren't gonna let you be good without taking some money from you.

You can spend 1000s a month and be a top player. You can spend 250 a month and be average. Or you can spend nothing and be a scrub.

That's just how it is.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    Yo man, that is fair enough. I accept that.

But it's still the truth. Whether people like it or not. 
    Don’t get me wrong, you’re definitely truthful it was just your approach. You’re a good sport though 👍🏼
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    None of what @spoc84 is saying is inaccurate, nor do I begrudge any of it.

but it has nothing to do at all with GLU’s continued intentional deception with their boxes.
    I have to say reading this thread and imagining the money spent is inspiring me to become a scrub!  
    - Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    whynot said:
    I have to say reading this thread and imagining the money spent is inspiring me to become a scrub!  

Nope, this board needs a dose of reality. @spoc84 are the guys they cater to. Folks like us that can't spend as much on the game will continue to get scraps. Just the way business goes.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

whynot said:

Nope, this board needs a dose of reality. @spoc84 are the guys they cater to. Folks like us that can't spend as much on the game will continue to get scraps. Just the way business goes.
    I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to guys here. Maybe scrubs is the wrong word. A player they cater for is a guy who can go deep in a gauntlet. The rankings don't tell you much because average guys can get on that world rankings just on a royale once every 2 weeks.

It is business. For sure. I would honestly prefer the top sets, making pulls on players hard to get for a heavy grinder or f2p player.

That's how I feel. And I know I'm not alone on this in some of the top clubs. Hence why the boycott went nowhere. Gluminati unanimously were against a actual boycott, choosing to dialogue with Glu instead. And more power to them. They can afford to spend, why would they wanna make the game easier and have the middle to upper clubs be a threat to them? 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I don't understand; what fun is it to have no competition?
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I don't understand; what fun is it to have no competition?
    Plenty of competition. I wasn't even that high on the gauntlet and I spent a lot. And played quite hard. So to me that is plenty competition. 
    edited July 2020
    I meant from a club perspective, but can see what you're saying as far as a gauntlet. I know a handful of guys that pretty much strictly play gauntlets now. In my mind, creating a little more competition might do Glu some good. They make the game better, player odds more favorable, woh reward a little better. Who loses there? What does it hurt you guys if they maybe fix some of the issues that the moderate-to-low spenders have? Just as one example- if they made box odds more favorable, lets say similar to last year, do you think Sparta/Gluminati are going to have any issues securing 1st place in their brackets... and then leave and go to other brackets and secure 1st place in those too, blocking moderate-to-low spenders from securing their own accolades. I've seen it too many times, a club leading a bracket all day on Thursday until 9pm, only for Gluminati guys to go jump in that bracket and take it from them in a matter of 15-20 minutes.

I just don't get why having more parity would be a bad thing for the game as a whole. It's not like these issues that the moderate-to-low spending crowd want address have ever prevented Sparta/Gluminati from doing their thing before. It's not like they didn't crush brackets last year when the woh reward was good and the box odds were somewhat acceptable. With a little more parity/competition, who knows, maybe their big spenders would play hard when there isn't a gauntlet too (which is 90 percent of the time, mind you).

JEDDDOGGY said:
    I meant from a club perspective, but can see what you're saying as far as a gauntlet. I know a handful of guys that pretty much strictly play gauntlets now. In my mind, creating a little more competition might do Glu some good. They make the game better, player odds more favorable, woh reward a little better. Who loses there? What does it hurt you guys if they maybe fix some of the issues that the moderate-to-low spenders have? Just as one example- if they made box odds more favorable, lets say similar to last year, do you think Sparta/Gluminati are going to have any issues securing 1st place in their brackets... and then leave and go to other brackets and secure 1st place in those too, blocking moderate-to-low spenders from securing their own accolades. I've seen it too many times, a club leading a bracket all day on Thursday until 9pm, only for Gluminati guys to go jump in that bracket and take it from them in a matter of 15-20 minutes.

I just don't get why having more parity would be a bad thing for the game as a whole. It's not like these issues that the moderate-to-low spending crowd want address have ever prevented Sparta/Gluminati from doing their thing before. It's not like they didn't crush brackets last year when the woh reward was good and the box odds were somewhat acceptable. With a little more parity/competition, who knows, maybe their big spenders would play hard when there isn't a gauntlet too (which is 90 percent of the time, mind you).

You make some good points. I can't argue with some of what you said. 

It would help to come out of spring training. I'm all for then maybe a bit of loosening up. The gold acolade Monday and Thursday is absolutely crucial. I'll admit I have busted many brackets on a Thursday. Simply because the bracket of death usually happens on Thursday (especially prime) and then everyone has to bail.

If they made club levels and more than one gold accolade per bracket,this would help. 

I can't agree that players in general, should be easier to acquire. I love the gauntlets the way they are. It takes a lot to get on them and I honestly think that's the way it should be. To have the death star of all the sets + being able to afford to level then all should cost a lot. 

spoc84 said:

I can't agree that players in general, should be easier to acquire. I love the gauntlets the way they are. It takes a lot to get on them and I honestly think that's the way it should be. To have the death star of all the sets + being able to afford to level then all should cost a lot. 

Players being hard to acquire is one thing, but the ability to level the good ones (enough of them to truly compete at the highest level) is what sets the whales apart from the moderate spenders. If they made odds a little more favorable, it would appease 99% of their user base while still allowing ample separation between whales and moderate spenders. Using this past weekend as an example, moderate spenders don't have the means to acquire resources to level 4, 6 or 8 prime players.

I'm speaking strictly on the issue of player odds there, but the same concept applies in many other areas as well. If they were to give us 5k, 10k or even 15k pxp per WOH cycle, that's not going to help Joe Blow that spends $150/wk get anywhere close to competing with the true top dogs.

I know guys that chucked upwards of $1000 on Friday morning and were still missing important players like Cole/Gurriel. I'm in a few circles here an there with top guys, and I know these are issues with them. The guys in the top 1 percentile asking for change, and the guys in the top 1 percentile who like it the way it is... well, that depends on who got lucky with boxes that weekend. And the guys (who head up these clubs we're talking about) that have all the players leveled and ready to go before the event begins; well it would be silly to expect them to want anything to change.

JEDDDOGGY said:
    spoc84 said:

Players being hard to acquire is one thing, but the ability to level the good ones (enough of them to truly compete at the highest level) is what sets the whales apart from the moderate spenders. If they made odds a little more favorable, it would appease 99% of their user base while still allowing ample separation between whales and moderate spenders. Using this past weekend as an example, moderate spenders don't have the means to acquire resources to level 4, 6 or 8 prime players.

I'm speaking strictly on the issue of player odds there, but the same concept applies in many other areas as well. If they were to give us 5k, 10k or even 15k pxp per WOH cycle, that's not going to help Joe Blow that spends $150/wk get anywhere close to competing with the true top dogs.

I know guys that chucked upwards of $1000 on Friday morning and were still missing important players like Cole/Gurriel. I'm in a few circles here an there with top guys, and I know these are issues with them. The guys in the top 1 percentile asking for change, and the guys in the top 1 percentile who like it the way it is... well, that depends on who got lucky with boxes that weekend. And the guys (who head up these clubs we're talking about) that have all the players leveled and ready to go before the event begins; well it would be silly to expect them to want anything to change.

You make some good points. I've never said I am right at all. Just what my view is on the game.

The odds are bad, but if you spend enough you can get everyone . I think I went through 100k gold on the cole box, maybe 50 on the other and maybe that was 750 in bundles? Not sure exactly would have to check my statements. I don't think thats unreasonable. And even then I didn't really have the time to have a sniff even at the top 10 in the guantlet.

If you could spend 100k gold and get and level all the players, to me the game is diluted. That's just how I feel and I know I am not alone in this. I also know some of the players in the big clubs need a balance of spending and grinding. Maybe that is where things can balance out a little . But I still feel like it should be incredibly hard to pull a good player, so you are pumped when you do. If you could just spend 100k gold and everyone have the death star. I wouldn't play I don't think. 

The few guys using GG or have the  100% discount are in a different category. But actually, believe it or not they tend not to be the ones at the top of the standings as they don't want to get rumbled.

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Guys, you realize that this is just a glu executive coming in to justify themselves. Joined 3 months ago and all of a sudden starts chatting when the Glu opinion is tilted poorly? Don't buy it. If you think it's reasonable to spend $1000/week to compete, you could have bought 2 PS5's. And then every other week after 20 games. 

No mames Güey 
    I’m guessing Spoc84 has to be Tom Bodett.  Anyone want to join that club?  
    Dude I probably spent somewhere in the 750 range this weekend . You think that's a lot? You know what some guys drop? I doubt I was even the biggest spender in my club. 

That's not a brag. That's just the truth. 

This game is made for middle aged guys who like baseball and have a lot of money to waste. That is the core of who funds the game. Whether you like that or not, I don't give a shit
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Gents...this has been informative...but it has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Players are asking for transparency with odds of pulling players in boxes.  This isn’t going to effect a thing with “whales” or competing in gauntlets.

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Game flat out sucks man. It is what it is. Nothing ever gets done. They just keep releasing new stuff on top of the broken garbage. Most of us still play for some reason though 
    Game flat out sucks man. It is what it is. Nothing ever gets done. They just keep releasing new stuff on top of the broken garbage. Most of us still play for some reason though 
    I play to reach a personal goal.  Want to collect 1,000,000 energy drinks and get in the world book of records!  💪
    - Blueleopard