Options

MY LEGEND LEVELING

htx24htx24 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
Why is the leveling of My legend, and keepers, so much more expensive?  Shouldn’t they be the least expensive?  

Comments

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    They cost a lot yes, but if you picked the right keepers and ML you have close to top players in the game that you didn't have to chase a box or spend 10-50 dollars to acquire.  The drawback is other than some token bonuses for ML is the high costs and in this bonus player environment they aren't your highest scorers for your club.
  • Options
    htx24htx24 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Yeah, after the first initial levels they become useless in my opinion.  Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    As a non-VIP with a platinum team, I am plowing all the PXP I obtain into the skills of my ML and two position player keepers (plan to do the same when LXP appears). I am reluctant to take temporary players past 8/8. The overall rating of my ML and keepers won't be the highest on my team but their skills being at 12/12 at least somewhat makes up for it.

I guess it depends on your tier and how easy it is for you to obtain resources.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    You are wise beyond your years, young man.
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Having highly upgraded skills dramatically upgrades the shelf life of players.

even late in to 19, I still had 540 guys in the lineup because they were at 20/20

now, the tinfoil theory is that the skill level (8, 12, etc) factors heavily in to the RNG algorithm, not necessarily the multiplied hit rating.  My gut is that a 345 hitter at 12/12 is going to see far more hittable pitches is WOH than say a 365 with 8/8
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

now, the tinfoil theory is that the skill level (8, 12, etc) factors heavily in to the RNG algorithm, not necessarily the multiplied hit rating.  My gut is that a 345 hitter at 12/12 is going to see far more hittable pitches is WOH than say a 365 with 8/8
    Skills stacks and the math will often favor the 12/12 guy in your example.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    My created legend is a beast . Pennants 100/100, skills 12/12 he is pretty much my best player. Even more than some capped primes. Same with Jose Cruz. 90 on pennants and skills 12/12.

They are hitting like .600 and above sin r I did their skills to 12/12. That's better than my capped primes .
  • Options
    DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    So your pennants are maxed for your ML? I was told by CS that pennants don't count towards the created legend.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • Options
    RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts

even late in to 19, I still had 540 guys in the lineup because they were at 20/20

How do you (or anyone else) feel about Brantley's skills as a use of pxp.  My Cruz keeper is the only player for whom I've put PXP toward skills, but I was thinking about it with Brantley (my only Prime and clearly my WoH closer).  I've not even considered it for a non-keeper until Brantley.

The argument for is obvious - he gets that much better.  His hit rating will go up an additional 17-18 points for each skill, when boosted. His hit rating for WoH would be just north of 550.

The arguments against are: 1) PXP might be better used leveling another prime (might be a while before I have that kind of PXP again), and 2) he cruised through Monday's WoH as is, so why bother?

Thanks for any input.
  • Options
    spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    So your pennants are maxed for your ML? I was told by CS that pennants don't count towards the created legend.
    Check your batting order they show. I experimented. For sure they work for him. It just goes off the team you have selected. He's much better in CVC and has a higher batting average that guys with comparible skills for the same overall/hit rating. Only difference is the pennants are 100/100 on him compared to the other 2 guys go compare him to, which are around 50/100 I think on pennants. So on the low side. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    RodFarva said:

How do you (or anyone else) feel about Brantley's skills as a use of pxp.  My Cruz keeper is the only player for whom I've put PXP toward skills, but I was thinking about it with Brantley (my only Prime and clearly my WoH closer).  I've not even considered it for a non-keeper until Brantley.

The argument for is obvious - he gets that much better.  His hit rating will go up an additional 17-18 points for each skill, when boosted. His hit rating for WoH would be just north of 550.

The arguments against are: 1) PXP might be better used leveling another prime (might be a while before I have that kind of PXP again), and 2) he cruised through Monday's WoH as is, so why bother?

Thanks for any input.

Brantley should have a rather long shelf-life, 1.5 to 2 months as your closer to eventually late round lefty. It would have of course been ideal to pxp cap skills last weekend as you would save on the 16k additional pxp it now costs during weekday fp. But if WoH is your focus it's as close to a no-brainer you can get with a prime right now, IMO. He's good enough for other modes but certainly not the best. If your other keeper is similar to Cruz (Brett, Yogi or even Babe) then it would make more sense to get those skills pxp capped ASAP.
  • Options
    GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    edited July 2020
    So from reading the thread, this is what I understand is the best use of PXP:
    1) Brett or Cruz Keeper skills
    2) 400 LHB Prime Player levelling and skills (only with a mix of LHP, late innings aka Brantley) with weekend discount (only to the extent you can bring them up to the highest level)
    3) My Legend Skills
    4) Keep saving PXP like Scrooge.
    We are all beta testers
  • Options
    MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I would personally move #4 up the list to #2, but that's just how I am approaching it.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    RodFarva said:

Thanks for any input.

Brantley should have a rather long shelf-life, 1.5 to 2 months as your closer to eventually late round lefty. It would have of course been ideal to pxp cap skills last weekend as you would save on the 16k additional pxp it now costs during weekday fp. But if WoH is your focus it's as close to a no-brainer you can get with a prime right now, IMO. He's good enough for other modes but certainly not the best. If your other keeper is similar to Cruz (Brett, Yogi or even Babe) then it would make more sense to get those skills pxp capped ASAP.
    Awesome insight! Should I go ahead and trade in the Ceaser Hernandez prime for pxp and with the pxp I have saved up level skills for my Babe, Brett and ML? I am sure Hernandez is pretty obsolete by now.