Do Pennants Matter? Breaking down Tourney Results!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited July 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Last weekend, the 365s from each box (Correa and Pedroia ) had the exact same ratings and skills. The difference for my team was that I had Correa's pennants at 80 and Pedroia's pennants at 40. I played tourneys almost exclusively(maybe 20 prime games and 72 seasonal games). The first 1k games or so, both were d9. The rest of the games, they were both d10(capped Correa once I repulled Pedroia).

As you can see below, there is a difference. I constantly checked throughout the weekend and the difference ranged from .007 to .018, ultimately finishing .01 and always in favor of Correa(the higher pennants). Now, for many, such a difference is marginal and not worth 'chasing,'(i.e fast playing seasonals). For others(like myself), it confirms that I should continue to fast play seasonals. Make of it what you will.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    It holds a much higher weight in c vs c modes and will give you larger and more consistent autoplays. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    It holds a much higher weight in c vs c modes and will give you larger and more consistent autoplays. 
    I know many feel that it helps for CvC, but I'm still on the fence. Have you tested it with and without pennants? 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Thats really cool glad to finally know! Appreciate the work you put into this 👍🏻
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Very cool. Thanks for doing that. 
    One thing I've been wondering is if there's any value in investing pennants in my keeper pitcher's team.
    I suppose not.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Why certainly I have @DFBB, and for some silly reason base running upgrade also has an effect on c vs c. (Probably more doubles, triples, and beating out squibs ).I build my team around c vs c...kinda one foot in and out of the game right now But I kept track last year and outside of the obvious hitting upgrades those factor in also.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    DFBB said:
    For others(like myself), it confirms that I should continue to fast play seasonals.
    How fast do you play your seasons?  Pay the 150 gold each time to double play, or do you keep going even as the price increases?
    RodFarva said:
    DFBB said:
    For others(like myself), it confirms that I should continue to fast play seasonals.
    How fast do you play your seasons?  Pay the 150 gold each time to double play, or do you keep going even as the price increases?
    I do 450g/day(3 sets). My seasonals resets every 6 hours, but I never get four sets in a day. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    RodFarva said:
    DFBB said:
    I do 450g/day(3 sets). My seasonals resets every 6 hours, but I never get four sets in a day. 
    I’ve only done the 2 sets (300 gold/day), now you’ve got me thinking, which is not necessarily a good thing
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    RodFarva said:
    DFBB said:
    I’ve only done the 2 sets (300 gold/day), now you’ve got me thinking, which is not necessarily a good thing
    I think your tier matters quite a bit. If you're diamond, gold is more disposable and you need a lot of pennants(chart is in the charts thread). If you're gold or below, I probably don't even do seasonals tbh.
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    Yeah I definitely feel like pennants matter for CVC . The 4 hour timer is clutch I often finish a season in just a few days. With that and the pennants bundles I already have San Fran at 100/100 for my created legend and Hoyt plus a few more at 90s.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    So do pennants matter for My Legend? My pennants shows that no players are active despite having My Legend in the lineup.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited July 2020
    So do pennants matter for My Legend? 
    If you look at your batting order screen, your ML will show team and pennants info. That makes me think: yes.
    But I don't know for sure.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    So do pennants matter for My Legend? 
    If you look at your batting order screen, your ML will show team and pennants info. That makes me think: yes.
    But I don't know for sure.
    I’ve never noticed that before. Thanks!
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    As I just posted in another thread I asked CS specifically this question regarding the created legend and was told pennants don't count towards them.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I wouldn’t put too much stock into anything CS tells you.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    As I just posted in another thread I asked CS specifically this question regarding the created legend and was told pennants don't count towards them.
    I think you’re making a big mistake assuming CS has any clue at all about this.

Close the ticket.  Ask again.  Repeat this 7 times.  You’ll get (7) different answers.

CS is basically 5 guys in an apartment, blazed out of their skull, coming up with hilarious ways to mess with you.  I actually applaud their work. I celebrate the entire catalogue in fact.  Magnificent work.
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Yeah, they did tell me it was a good idea and they would pass it on to the dev team, so agree their response is no guarantee it is true or false. I just wanted to know whether I was wasting my pennants on the created legend or not. @blueleopard can you answer this question? (he asks hopefully)
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Yeah, they did tell me it was a good idea and they would pass it on to the dev team, so agree their response is no guarantee it is true or false. I just wanted to know whether I was wasting my pennants on the created legend or not. @blueleopard can you answer this question? (he asks hopefully)
    See....see what you did there is the equivalent of kicking a soccer ball while in outer space.

no goals will be scored, but we’re gonna have a groovy time watching it’s flight....
    Pennants 100% work for your created legend. You can tell the difference in CVC with the guys with higher pennants. Plus my legend has a higher batter average when he has the same skills and the same hit rating as another player who should be slightly better. Only difference is the pennants are way higher on him.

Plus as others say, the pennants show when you do the batting order.
    I just wasted 10,000 pennants on My Legend. It wasn’t until a few seconds after I thought it would probably be better to just pay 150 gold and switch my team to the Royals. Since I have their pennants maxed because of keeper Brett, it made more sense.
    @baseball2020 that sucks man. Yeah cheaper that way. Pennants actually build up quite fast. So although you lost out on 10k it builds up quite fast still. What is your season mode timer? I'm at 4 hours and also spend the 150 gold each time I can. I find I build up pennants really fast. And I do think they are worth investing in, along with the hitting, power and clutch upgrades (which I spent some gold on that last discount). 
    Yes, I wish I would have realized before I spent those pennants. Just thought I would share my mistake to prevent others from making the same. My season timer is at 6 hours. I probably average about 12 games a day.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Just remember that if you switch teams that your season starts over. Make sure you are early in a season or just finished one before switching teams. 
    rmouse511 said:
    Just remember that if you switch teams that your season starts over. Make sure you are early in a season or just finished one before switching teams. 
    Good point. I had just finished my season so that’s why I changed teams.