What have these morons done to CvC!!!!

Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
The stupidity just continues from these moronic developers and whatever other neanderthals run things at glu. They increased the pitchers ratings and put out a disclaimer that it wasn’t permanent but rather a temporary thing just to see, we’ll guess what, it’s still there so it is now permanent and another part of the game that now sucks balls, congratulations glu 👍🏼 you’ve done it again. 
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You may hate it, but I can assure you that many diamond players love it. It’s not much of a change for them, but it has definitely hurt the low tiers. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    Yeah don't wanna be a dick, but, I agree with it.

I lost track of times I got smoked by a gold team. Which is just dumb. When I have the same team as them pretty much. 

Like they have nerfed gold teams and I cannot hate on that. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Uhh bye I am diamond. 
    Hey can any of you guys advise as to what skills are the best for woh, CvC and bonus games etc.  It would be much appreciated. 
    Do you have all your players capped? Skills at 12? If you do you shouldn't have any problems. I've been scoring more since they changed it. But you must have guys capped with decent skills for CVC and at least 10/10 maybe more. 

But I for sure score more now. 
    They have nerfed everyone lol 😂 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edge makes the difference. 
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Edge has definitely worked better since they changed it IMO. Can certainly notice huge improvements.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Even without using the boosts, you can see a noticeable difference in your scoring. Almost like your getting additional boosts just for being subscribed to it, which makes sense from their perspective.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    For sure. I was getting smoked by gold teams with no sub in my own club before. My team for CVC was pretty damn good. His was the same, but it was easier for him to cap primes. So his gold 10 primes hit better than my diamond 6-8 primes in the week if I couldn't quite cap them lol 

Which is kinda crazy , the only gold team we had and wrecked us in CVC. Can't be right lol 

But if the guy complaining is diamond and doesn't have players capped, it still sucks. But capped with good skills, pennants and gh edge and im like a new man in CVC. Like I sucked bad before . Same team and not doing anything different strategy wise and my autoplays increased by x5.
    MY players are now capped and I do have the edge we’ll see next CvC. 
    spoc84 said:
    Do you have all your players capped? Skills at 12? If you do you shouldn't have any problems. I've been scoring more since they changed it. But you must have guys capped with decent skills for CVC and at least 10/10 maybe more. 

spoc84 said:

Thanks for that info but which skills are the best for each mode 
    Hot hitter. Blowout. Runners on base . Right handed pitcher and yes early innings. But you don't get many of them. 

But any combo of the top 4 is great for CVC .
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    What about 1st pitch???
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    What about 1st pitch???
    Never active in CVC.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited July 2020
    "Thanks for that info but which skills are the best for each mode"

WOH is RHP or LHP depending on the pitcher, along with 1st Pitch and Late Innings (always on). For rounds where you don't start off down by 4+, then "Close" is always on. For early/mid rounds, RISP and especially ROB are great. 

For Bonus Games and Tourneys, I am interested what others have to say. It seems like HOT HITTER and BLOWOUT are great if you're easily winning those games and want to score more bonus points, but what are the best skills for actually increasing your winrate?
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    @iratepirate I would have a whole team made up of rhp, runners on, blowout and hot hitter for cycling diamond. First pitch is beast mode in bg. It still lights up only once for first pitch , but those guys averages are huge. I don't really look for anything else tbh. Those 5 skills are elite. Lead off is in that category, but it's soured a bit by once you have one leadoff, you don't want anymore with that skill for a while. Unfortunately with Glu, you get 2/3 really amazing leadoff guys in a short space of time.
    @Itsouttahere2 , don't let the ballers scare you. You can do just fine w/o the edge or 12/12 skills. Platoon matters. Blowouts/early innings/HH are king. If you know the pitcher's arm ahead of time, that makes it easier to stack (i.e all lefty/righty lineups). It was mentioned earlier, but you want to have all your bats capped or you will be nerfed.

@iratepirate 

WoH-1st pitch/late innings/close game ; any combo that stacks skills that will start and stay on=king.
    Tourneys/Bgs=1st pitch, vs rhp, and MOB(man on base) are ideal. 

• iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    spoc84 and @DFBB!

How about SUBs for BG/Tourneys? I assume you want your best non-starter that shines against lefty pitchers.
    Is that about right?

Thanks again

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    spoc84 and @DFBB!

How about SUBs for BG/Tourneys? I assume you want your best non-starter that shines against lefty pitchers.
    Is that about right?

Thanks again

Depends what you expect and how you have your lineup. Currently, the 'good' teams all have Chapman closing so I have 3 subs that are all vs lhp and/or late innings as their skills.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    You may hate it, but I can assure you that many diamond players love it. It’s not much of a change for them, but it has definitely hurt the low tiers. 
    Which is the obvious goal... another push to get players to go diamond. 😕  💰 
    @mythicaldragon

Diamond is where the game is designed to be played. All modes are great at diamond. Nothing feels like a chore. If you choose to stay lower and try and have it easier, it's actually probably more frustrating. 

Glu is many thinks, but I will never agree they push you to diamond. If you choose to stay under diamond, you will have to sacrifice BG, for example. Woh will be harder, CVC is harder now. You score less club points. I don't think there's even an argument to be made that any of that is unfair? Diamond players should have the advantage . If you choose to go there. They aren't making you .

@iratepirate exactly what the other guy said. Think who is the best closer in the game and just counter him with your bench. I've left a lefty with 2 righites for now, as Robles comes in a lot in games I face at diamond. I think Gallo is doing well. He has late innings for when he comes in. So I gave Gallo, Wagner and a guy who's name I can't even remember, but he's double righty, on the bench.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    This game is getting worse every week. 
    @likenight don't play then?
    spoc84 said:
    @mythicaldragon

Diamond is where the game is designed to be played. All modes are great at diamond. Nothing feels like a chore. If you choose to stay lower and try and have it easier, it's actually probably more frustrating. 

Glu is many thinks, but I will never agree they push you to diamond. If you choose to stay under diamond, you will have to sacrifice BG, for example. Woh will be harder, CVC is harder now. You score less club points. I don't think there's even an argument to be made that any of that is unfair? Diamond players should have the advantage . If you choose to go there. They aren't making you .

@iratepirate exactly what the other guy said. Think who is the best closer in the game and just counter him with your bench. I've left a lefty with 2 righites for now, as Robles comes in a lot in games I face at diamond. I think Gallo is doing well. He has late innings for when he comes in. So I gave Gallo, Wagner and a guy who's name I can't even remember, but he's double righty, on the bench.
    Diamond is where the game has been designed to play throughout the years.. meaning they have made changes to the game to make it more appealing to play in diamond. It’s wasn’t always like this. Yes diamond should have an advantage but they are widening the gap to the point they have alienated  a lot of customers. I don’t play BGs, woh (not because I can’t beat it)  tournament’s, EB. I play cvc, prime games and grind videos open boxes build my team etc... unfortunately that’s the game for me now. I’ve been around awhile and if you are trying to say they haven’t made changes to push players to diamond then you are ill informed. 
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    My video boosts are not working nor are a club mate of mine. Anyone else encountering this? I’ve been getting the “joy” of watching the videos then seeing no boost. My club mate has same issue. He never paid $.99 to remove ads and they play without fail every 3rd screen change. I’ll deal with whatever bogus rigged pitcher they use, but lack of any chance of boost is ridiculous. Also, wish they’d just get rid of auto play for modes like CVC & Bash (particularly in final 5-10 minutes of round). My intuition tells me majority of teams couldn’t or wouldn’t be able to compete with your average TSB gamer. #banautoplay
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    Would it be dumb to go diamond with 500k xp and 1100 evo? I do have 10 sisco boxes so I can immediately cap him for very little. most upgrades are only at 40 but woh ones are at 80

i would only be able to cap 2/3 batters if i go, so i don't know if i should jump on sunday during royale or two weeks from now on royale wknd

It's definitely doable xp-wise, but you don't have that much evo. If you do it you'll have to forget about leveling your keepers/ml for a while imo (300 evo per keeper and 500 for ML without any discount)
    @mythicaldragon I didn't say there isn't a push. I said they don't force you to move to diamond. It's your choice to not go to diamond. But you can expect them as a company to let you 'win' in all the other modes if you sandbag. 

It is not a criticism. But if you aren't diamond they you have to accept you are just a casual player and Glu doesn't really like you or even care about catering for you one bit. 

Nothing is forcing you to be pushed.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    My video boosts are not working nor are a club mate of mine. Anyone else encountering this? I’ve been getting the “joy” of watching the videos then seeing no boost. My club mate has same issue. He never paid $.99 to remove ads and they play without fail every 3rd screen change. I’ll deal with whatever bogus rigged pitcher they use, but lack of any chance of boost is ridiculous. Also, wish they’d just get rid of auto play for modes like CVC & Bash (particularly in final 5-10 minutes of round). My intuition tells me majority of teams couldn’t or wouldn’t be able to compete with your average TSB gamer. #banautoplay
    I’ve noticed this for a couple of weeks. What I have observed is that if I watch the boost on my LTE network, I get credit for watching. If I use my WiFi, the video plays and I get nothing. My WiFi is 20 times the download and 50x the upload speed of LTE. So it seems the lower speed works for videos. Almost as if too fast of speed makes the video reward not work. Quite the opposite of what Customer Service says about your speed. 
    spoc84 said:
    @mythicaldragon I didn't say there isn't a push. I said they don't force you to move to diamond. It's your choice to not go to diamond. But you can expect them as a company to let you 'win' in all the other modes if you sandbag. 

It is not a criticism. But if you aren't diamond they you have to accept you are just a casual player and Glu doesn't really like you or even care about catering for you one bit. 

Nothing is forcing you to be pushed.

spoc84 said:
    @mythicaldragon

Glu is many thinks, but I will never agree they push you to diamond. 
    Ummmmm 🤔 ⬆️