Skills

RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
I'm trying something with skills.  I want to assign a value to each skill in each mode (i.e. Blowout in Bonus Games, Blowout in CVC, vRHP in bonus games, etc.).

Ultimately, we can assign each skill a numerical value between 0 and 1 in each mode (1 is always on and 0 is never on) so that they can be used to calculate players' expected ratings in each mode.  Basically, my end goal is to have a roster of players in a spreadsheet and be able to sort by their expected effectiveness in each game mode.

If I put together an online survey where everyone could enter their valuation of each skill in each mode, would anyone be interested in participating? I would share the results with the forum for discussion.

If there's enough interest, I can get a survey set up in the next few days.

Comments

• spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    This is geeky. But I like it. I have been keeping notes on how players do in various modes. I made a list to assign them into groups of 5 tiers. So my tier 1 has blowout, hot hitter, rhp, first pitch in.

With bottom tier 5 , 2 outs for example.

This is based on what I think use they are in CVC mainly, Woh and then their average in tournies . I've had a sick amount of guys capped at diamond 10 since the start so have quite a lot of an idea. 

But your idea is better for sure.
  • PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Another big issue with the leadoff skill is that in WOH, it is only active for your first at bat.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    This is geeky. But I like it. I have been keeping notes on how players do in various modes. I made a list to assign them into groups of 5 tiers. So my tier 1 has blowout, hot hitter, rhp, first pitch in.

With bottom tier 5 , 2 outs for example.

This is based on what I think use they are in CVC mainly, Woh and then their average in tournies . I've had a sick amount of guys capped at diamond 10 since the start so have quite a lot of an idea. 

But your idea is better for sure.
    Would love to see your team.. you should TOTALLY share it 😉
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited July 2020
    @RodFarva
    I did this for WOH the other day the try to help me decide how to order my hitters. It's interesting how dramatically my ranking for early/mid rounds differs from my ranking for late rounds (not surprising but interesting). 

I also wish I could quantify how much HIT and PWR are worth, respectively. It really feels like my guys with high PWR overachieve. It seems like they get more fast balls (examples Alvarez and Schwarber). I can't prove it though and might be wrong.

Of these three players, Schwarber clearly seems to perform the best for me in WOH despite the lower HIT rating.

player      HIT/PWR/SPD     (platinum numbers)
    kyle schwarber 291/289/158 RHP/RHP 8/8 skills
    freddie freeman 294/283/136 RHP/RHP 8/8 skills
    kolton wong 302/252/207 LATE/RHP 8/8 skills

Yeah, I would definitely participate in your survey.

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    @RodFarva
    I did this for WOH the other day the try to help me decide how to order my hitters. It's interesting how dramatically my ranking for early/mid rounds differs from my ranking for late rounds (not surprising but interesting). 

I also wish I could quantify how much HIT and PWR are worth, respectively. It really feels like my guys with high PWR overachieve. It seems like they get more fast balls (examples Alvarez and Schwarber). I can't prove it though and might be wrong.

Of these three players, Schwarber clearly seems to perform the best for me in WOH.

player      HIT/PWR/SPD     (platinum numbers)
    kyle schwarber 291/289/158 RHP/RHP 8/8 skills
    freddie freeman 294/283/136 RHP/RHP 8/8 skills
    kolton wong 302/252/207 LATE/RHP 8/8 skills

I’ve gone between Schwarber, Wong, and Cruz for my last round. It seems some weeks, one works better than the other. Despite having the least amount of power, Wong hits a bunch of HRs in WOH. But I just switch back and forth when one guys is or isn’t working.
  • UnderdogsUnderdogs Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, Member 35 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I’m working on building an online woh calculator. It would factor in L/R matchups, skills, runs behind, runners on base, etc. Would that be something you guys are interested in? Would the fact that it’s web-based (mobile-optimized) be ok or would you only use it if it’s a standalone iOS or Android app?

I’ve already built some basic functionality to calculate things like how much cash you’ll get from loyalty boxes, player stats, etc.

I’m open to suggestions!
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Underdogs - someone did an excel sheet in 2019 so I would expect nothing more than that.

• UnderdogsUnderdogs Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, Member 35 Posts
    It was SandlotGuru, I think that posted the one in 2019.